Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Pavel Francouz (one-year, $950K)

mackinnon29

Nov 24, 2017
It’s more so, not losing a valuable player. Like Zadorov, Francouz, or whoever Seattle wants to target.

But, I can understand your reservations.

Yeah I understand what people are saying about that as well but I agree I’d give the 1 first round pick to protect our guys if they keep it up. Specially if we stay in the top 10. Not worth losing a guy for a late first round pick when we have lots of prospects. That trade there could be way better then anything we get at the trade deadline.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah I understand what people are saying about that as well but I agree I’d give the 1 first round pick to protect our guys if they keep it up. Specially if we stay in the top 10. Not worth losing a guy for a late first round pick when we have lots of prospects. That trade there could be way better then anything we get at the trade deadline.

This is why I don't think the whole "GMs won't pay Seattle to control who they take" theory will hold up.

Simple fact is that Seattle has the ability to select a player from certain teams absolutely worthy of a 1st round pick. As you go down the list the cost probably goes down until you get to a point where it is not worth it at all to pay up anything obviously.

Even if it does Seattle can then play broker, and may end up trading a now piece to your rival.

mackinnon29

Nov 24, 2017
This is why I don't think the whole "GMs won't pay Seattle to control who they take" theory will hold up.

Simple fact is that Seattle has the ability to select a player from certain teams absolutely worthy of a 1st round pick. As you go down the list the cost probably goes down until you get to a point where it is not worth it at all to pay up anything obviously.

Even if it does Seattle can then play broker, and may end up trading a now piece to your rival.

All fair points, but if your in Sakic’s position you make every effort to get Seattle to take the draft pick and a prospect not named blank to keep your roster.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
All fair points, but if your in Sakic’s position you make every effort to get Seattle to take the draft pick and a prospect not named blank to keep your roster.

Maybe. I mean everyone’s gonna lose someone, I don’t wanna overpay and pull a panthers/wild.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Maybe. I mean everyone’s gonna lose someone, I don’t wanna overpay and pull a panthers/wild.

Sakic only over pays for old UFA defenders who have won Cups. Hopefully we won't need those going forward lol.

I trust Sakic enough with trades that usually even when he over pays it's just slightly and mid draft picks that don't gut you. Shit that you can forget about like Brassard.

I actually don't trust Sakic to go and over pay in the right situation. Like getting a JGP or someone signed like Zucker. Hes pretty risk adverse.

Watch Sakic go trade for Johnny Hockey now to prove me wrong.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
He's only had 1 game this season where his save percentage has been below .944

Just wow

I dont think that's accurate.

He definitely was below the .944 mark against the Flames last week. And in pretty sure his 2 regulation losses back in April weren't pretty number either.

Regardless. To answer the question at the top of this page.... plain and simple yes he has been our best goalie this year. An absolute stud really.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I dont think that's accurate.

He definitely was below the .944 mark against the Flames last week. And in pretty sure his 2 regulation losses back in April weren't pretty number either.

Regardless. To answer the question at the top of this page.... plain and simple yes he has been our best goalie this year. An absolute stud really.

Re-read what I wrote. He has 1 game this season (the cgy game) below .944

The games in april Were 955 and 923, but they were last season, so clearly not applying to what I said.

Reactions: Tralfamadore

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
We need to resign him. I don't care if he is the highest backup salary in the league. I don't really care if he gets paid more than Grubs. Worst case scenario, he gets or Grubs get picked up by Seattle.

Reactions: arun

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I've said for a while now that the biggest concern the Avs should have going into the expansion draft is losing a goalie, and that very much appears to be the case if current trends continue.

Regardless, it's a good problem to have for now.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Frankie's had a couple off games the year, but for the most part he's been really good.

I don't mean this as a slight to him at all, but I wonder how much of his success is due to opposing teams not having much game tape to study on him. Especially with his right glove hand. I've noticed multiple shots this year taken by players where I swear they were aiming for a spot on the left side thinking it was his stick side. They have this look on their face like, "oh yeah he catches with his right hand."

That shouldn't take away from what he's done as a first year NHL goalie though. He struggles a bit with rebounds and looking around screens, but he reads the play very well, and has very quick reflexes. He's played a decent sized part in getting the Avs in contention for best in the West with Grubauer's injury woes this year.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I've said for a while now that the biggest concern the Avs should have going into the expansion draft is losing a goalie, and that very much appears to be the case if current trends continue.

Regardless, it's a good problem to have for now.

that only means we get to protect Zad without giving up another asset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad