Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Nuke to 8-year, $6.125M AAV deal

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Honestly most of our players are complete dummies. One of the things that drives me nuts about the Avs its all athleticism and "character".
The team was entirely built around a relentless North-South game and fast transition. It worked: won the cup.

Teams based on IQ are usually trying to slow the game down and play an East-West style.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
I would say percentage drops is misleading. From 26 to 30, you go from a pretty decent amount of players, to a relative few... then a tiny amount at 32. The biggest drops happen between 27-29. 23-26 is pretty consistent. Then after 30 it falls off a cliff. I'd keep in mind too... that naturally the cutoff being this high means you're really only sampling the very best players from each season. Not the overall league. Which skews the data to holding up better.
Does your statistical report account for the number of players at each age as a percentage of total players in the NHL? There are likely more players in the league who are 26 than 32, thus one explanation for the total number of 80+ point scorers is that there are fewer 32 year-olds in the league than 26 year olds. I believe a more accurate accounting would also articulate this difference in raw number of players of each age.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
The team was entirely built around a relentless North-South game and fast transition. It worked: won the cup.

Teams based on IQ are usually trying to slow the game down and play an East-West style.
Absolutely spot on. Completely overwhelmed teams with wave after wave. Teams will copy this model for the next decade. Just saying our window might be longer if our game wasn’t based on pure athleticism.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
You are not touching any nerves, but your argumentation is like - Ok MacDavid scored 123 points last season, but since league average is 40 points / forward based on stats. He won't be close to 123 points this year.

That's idiotic.
That’s not what he said at all…

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Personally I think we should play the game Northeast by southwest. No one will be able to withstand us dumping the puck into the corner every play. Muahahahahha.

Reactions: The Moops

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You are not touching any nerves, but your argumentation is like - Ok MacDavid scored 123 points last season, but since league average is 40 points / forward based on stats. He won't be close to 123 points this year.

That's idiotic.
That's not even remotely close to what I am saying.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Does your statistical report account for the number of players at each age as a percentage of total players in the NHL? There are likely more players in the league who are 26 than 32, thus one explanation for the total number of 80+ point scorers is that there are fewer 32 year-olds in the league than 26 year olds. I believe a more accurate accounting would also articulate this difference in raw number of players of each age.

That one does not, just pure raw data... but there are data sets that have adjustments for ages and the fact that older players tend to go away. It doesn't change the overall trend.

This has been very well studied in the hockey world for the past ~15 years. You can find extreme amounts of data on this.

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
This team is going to contend at least for next 3 years. You have locked up talent like Makar, MacK, Rantanen. Only teams having such top end talent are Laughs and Oils, but they do not have the D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad