Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Lehkonen to 5-year × $4.5M AAV deal

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I honestly can't remember how I found it. I used to be in the official Avs board in the mid 00's, but that was a lifetime ago. I think @Sea Eagles was there back in the day too
That's where I came from too, left when it started to get way too toxic

Ah yes, the good old days.

At least this place has some variety of opinions and personalities. The old Avs board was depressing to be on 100% of the time and so I left.

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
I don't really agree with that... any RD with upside would have been in the mix this season. As we sit, we have only 3 defenders with right shots with anywhere near NHL talent (all 3 in the NHL) in the organization. Two of which are older and have had some injury issues. If Barron was here, he'd likely be getting 30+ games just due to injuries and if he played well, he might cement a place. I do think it was worth giving Barron up, but he'd contribute this season.

He could have been depth this upcoming season but he is definitely not the piece that pushes us over the line for our next cup. Still would have like to have him in our pool but gun to my head I take Lehk every time.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He could have been depth this upcoming season but he is definitely not the piece that pushes us over the line for our next cup. Still would have like to have him in our pool but gun to my head I take Lehk every time.
Oh I agree Lehk is more important to the team last year and now... simple price you pay to shore up a team. Every team that wins a Cup spends future assets for now and that is totally fine and even good to do.

Reactions: UnkleKraker

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Yet the board remains named, Hockey's Future (prospects!).

I'll be honest, when I first joined I was like I don't know shit about prospects (still don't), hope y'all like to talk about the NHL guys too. *LOL* Think it was Jori who tipped me off to try this place out back when ESPN's board was starting to die.
I came from the Avs Official message board lol fun times there during the Pepe era. I think Bubba used to post there aswell.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Not to perpetuate the whole non-Lehkonen-related chatter, but I was also on the official Avs forum. I remember every thread getting overly political. There were one or two characters who were really far to one side of the political spectrum which just made every thread a chore to read.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I came from the Avs Official message board lol fun times there during the Pepe era. I think Bubba used to post there aswell.

Yeah there was a mass exodus, thankfully the idiots stuck to Facebook and Twitter and didn't follow us here lmao. I can't remember if I was using this or Wolvy, or what back then though.

I think I was on those boards for a very brief time under my old handle, Av-merican. I was also on the “Let’s Go Avs” forums.
It completely slipped my mind that was you lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Pokecheque

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yep. :laugh: The '16-17 season damn well broke me. Changed my handle after that and haven't looked back. Obviously the Avs are still my favorite team but I vowed I'd never let another disastrous season by them ruin hockey for me.
Yeah, that was a crazy year, I literally watched more of other teams just to watch less emotionally draining hockey. Must be what Lions fans do here lmao.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah, that was a crazy year, I literally watched more of other teams just to watch less emotionally draining hockey. Must be what Lions fans do here lmao.
I just remember more or less missing out on AM34's amazing rookie season and other fun things because I was so bummed out about the Avalanche, that was the worst hockey I've ever witnessed, and I had to sit through a few Martin Havlat-era Wylde games against the Avs.

I'm pretty much feel the same about the NFL and MLB because of the Broncos and Rockies being irrelevant and all, but I also feel the product both those sports are putting out there are just plain mediocre overall. Both Goodell and Manfred (ESPECIALLY Manfred) make Bettman look like a certified genius.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I just remember more or less missing out on AM34's amazing rookie season and other fun things because I was so bummed out about the Avalanche, that was the worst hockey I've ever witnessed, and I had to sit through a few Martin Havlat-era Wylde games against the Avs.

I'm pretty much feel the same about the NFL and MLB because of the Broncos and Rockies being irrelevant and all, but I also feel the product both those sports are putting out there are just plain mediocre overall. Both Goodell and Manfred (ESPECIALLY Manfred) make Bettman look like a certified genius.

Yeah I gotta say, the NHL isn't perfect, but as the little brother they seem to be able to avoid going full stupid. I was never more into the NHL as a whole than during our rebuild though. I don't have time for the draft at all anymore. I guess that is a good thing now lol.

That article on McFarland is really good by the way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad