Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Lehkonen to 5-year × $4.5M AAV deal

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Which is ironic. I think he’s a good complimentary winger who seems to step it up when it matters. Perfect for you guys.

I still think we got something decent for him.
Think it just shows Montreal mismanaged their players - Danault + Lehkonen are both prime examples of that.

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
Think it just shows Montreal mismanaged their players - Danault + Lehkonen are both prime examples of that.
I mean danault was great for the Habs.

Lekhonen was also but within his limits. He’s now playing with elite talent which the Habs simply don’t have. If his Center goes down don’t expect him to carry a line.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
I mean danault was great for the Habs.

Lekhonen was also but within his limits. He’s now playing with elite talent which the Habs simply don’t have. If his Center goes down don’t expect him to carry a line.

Lehkonen doesn't need to carry a line. Like Nichushkin, his elite defense and relentless forechecking will carry weight. He fits perfectly in Bednars system of sending guys in waves.

Reactions: Metallo

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
IMO we don't win the cup without Lehk. I didn't like giving up Barron but he wouldn't have helped us for a while.

I don't really agree with that... any RD with upside would have been in the mix this season. As we sit, we have only 3 defenders with right shots with anywhere near NHL talent (all 3 in the NHL) in the organization. Two of which are older and have had some injury issues. If Barron was here, he'd likely be getting 30+ games just due to injuries and if he played well, he might cement a place. I do think it was worth giving Barron up, but he'd contribute this season.

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
I don't really agree with that... any RD with upside would have been in the mix this season. As we sit, we have only 3 defenders with right shots with anywhere near NHL talent (all 3 in the NHL) in the organization. Two of which are older and have had some injury issues. If Barron was here, he'd likely be getting 30+ games just due to injuries and if he played well, he might cement a place. I do think it was worth giving Barron up, but he'd contribute this season.
Probably, but personally I thought Helleson was the one who would have a better chance to make the team. As good as he was, Barron was expendable, not Helleson. His loss would have hurt much more hadn’t we signed Manson. Hopefully we managed to keep him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Probably, but personally I thought Helleson was the one who would have a better chance to make the team. As good as he was, Barron was expendable, not Helleson. His loss would have hurt much more hadn’t we signed Manson. Hopefully we managed to keep him.
Likely would have been a competition between them... IMO if either one was still here, they'd be getting a good number of games this year. Doesn't matter though since both are gone.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Once more for the hard of hearing or those at the back

1660930310533.png

You'll note that the picture contains nothing to do with the Montreal Canadiens

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
The Helleson/Barron discussion is interesting. I think Barron was the more well rounded and had a decent year in the A. Interesting that Wheeler (Athletic)had neither in his top 50 drafted prospects. His narrative on JB is top 4 dman but still doesn't find him in the top end of prospects.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Would you like me to post the picture again to see if you can see anything Montreal-related in it? I will.
But I do! Lehk!
Pretty sure Montreal is on the cup
This is well played.

The Helleson/Barron discussion is interesting. I think Barron was the more well rounded and had a decent year in the A. Interesting that Wheeler (Athletic)had neither in his top 50 drafted prospects. His narrative on JB is top 4 dman but still doesn't find him in the top end of prospects.
JB is a right shot Ryan Graves... that's a good player but not top 50 prospect level. Helleson is basically future Manson, with maybe a lower peak.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
A great wisdom I once read on these boards

''The goal is to win the Cup, not to hoard a bunch of picks and prospects!''
Yet the board remains named, Hockey's Future (prospects!).

I'll be honest, when I first joined I was like I don't know shit about prospects (still don't), hope y'all like to talk about the NHL guys too. *LOL* Think it was Jori who tipped me off to try this place out back when ESPN's board was starting to die.

Reactions: The Moops

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Yet the board remains named, Hockey's Future (prospects!).

I'll be honest, when I first joined I was like I don't know shit about prospects (still don't), hope y'all like to talk about the NHL guys too. *LOL* Think it was Jori who tipped me off to try this place out back when ESPN's board was starting to die.
I honestly can't remember how I found it. I used to be in the official Avs board in the mid 00's, but that was a lifetime ago. I think @Sea Eagles was there back in the day too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad