Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Lehkonen to 5-year × $4.5M AAV deal

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah I like this one. Leky was amazing here, locks up the remainder of his prime years.

Avs have certainly set their key wingers long term now. Rants/Landy/Nuke/Lehkonen all here for the foreseeable future.

They're probably going to try Newhook at 2C at this point but trading him is the right move IMO.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Absolutely love it. I don't think he'll be as good as Nuke but I think his offensive numbers are going to be pretty good if he plays a full season in our top 6. I think if you had signed him for 1-2 years it would have been similar to Burky where he would got more than we could give him.

Like this deal better than the Manson one and think it has better "value" than the Nuke deal where your guaranteed to eat atleast a few bad years.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I was thinking the baseline was 4x4, 5x4,5 is good. He will continue to score if and when he continues to play with Rantanen and get some PP time. Not to mention the other stuff he brings to the table.

Now, announce MacK...

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
40-50 points next year isn't an unreasonable expectation. Add in his elite two way play and clutch attributes, this is a great contract and may turn into a steal as early as next year.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

Snow Arc

Friendly neighborhood Snow Arc
Aug 14, 2020
Yesssss
al4.jpg

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Like this deal better than the Manson one and think it has better "value" than the Nuke deal where your guaranteed to eat atleast a few bad years.

In fairness, an RFA deal should have better value and give you better years than UFA deals.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Yeah I like this one. Leky was amazing here, locks up the remainder of his prime years.

Avs have certainly set their key wingers long term now. Rants/Landy/Nuke/Lehkonen all here for the foreseeable future.
I love the versatility we have in our wingers now too. Give me Nuke/Lehkonen esque players over guys like Bura any day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad