Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
it's better than stuart's. not mobile but has good straight line speed.

come on people, don't use +/- in relatively small samples like half a season or even a season.

You can see the value in what he said as a bit of an outlying factor though. If we can crap on Iginla for being -17 or whatever inside a touch more than half a season. A bottom pairing guy playing with some young guys on a crap team and maintaining a + there is at least 'interesting' IMO.

Edit : It's not like saying Redmond is a good defender because of his pretty info graphics. lol

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Yeah man, thankfully Brad Stuart and Reto Berra are here to bring us all the glory.

Well, if the Avs hadn't extended Stuart before even seeing if he fit, that would not be a problem.

Berra, IMO has proven his worth by allowing time for Picks to develop, and if they end up moving him this offseason, he will likely be a net gain transaction. Of course Hunter Smith may still prove to be a star.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Leafs will flip him to us for a second.

But if they keep him and buy him out, they crazily get a $650k cap credit that could help them land Stamkos. Depending on how much they give Kadri and Reilly, and how they replace all their UFA's, they may need it.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
But if they keep him and buy him out, they crazily get a $650k cap credit that could help them land Stamkos. Depending on how much they give Kadri and Reilly, and how they replace all their UFA's, they may need it.

Stamkos is stupid and believes in his self worth far too much if he thinks signing with that team will help them be competitive enough to matter.

The guy will be E. Staal before that team becomes a legit threat the way Tampa is lol.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That big trade came out of nowhere. Nice move for the Leafs. They dump Phaneuf's contract and probably get even worse now, which improves the Matthews odds. They're going to make Stamkos the highest paid player in the NHL, aren't they?

Helps the Sens right now but that's going to be a bad contract in the very near future, if it isn't one already.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That big trade came out of nowhere. Nice move for the Leafs. They dump Phaneuf's contract and probably get even worse now, which improves the Matthews odds. They're going to make Stamkos the highest paid player in the NHL, aren't they?

Helps the Sens right now but that's going to be a bad contract in the very near future, if it isn't one already.

Toronto needs to tank for another two years at least IMO. They have very little in the pipeline that is high end like a Buffalo who is not as hurt by playing better this year.

Toronto would be stupid to add Stamkos, and Stamkos would be stupid to sign with them. Does not mean it won't happen though.

I hope Toronto tanks, and three upper teams that just miss the playoffs win the lottery slots and force them and Edmonton to 4th/5th lol.

That would be justice at it's finest, and the new format doing exactly what it was designed to do.

Last edited:

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Avs last three third rounders have been Martin, Wood and Beaudin. I don't know if any of them will ever be a NHLer but I'd rather have either of them than 30 games of Roman Polak.

Avs aren't a good team. They won't be a good team after the trade deadline. They might crawl their way into the playoffs this year but a rental bottom pairing defender will have zilch to do with it.

Roy's talk about how he's not used to missing the playoffs does scare me because of how much damage desperately trying to make it into the playoffs with this group can do. They should be sellers rather than buyers and I don't think it's even on the radar of this front office.

Even a Redmond for a 7th is better than getting Polak for a 3rd.

This. So much this.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Would it make everyone who's asset crazy, feel better if the Avs gave up a 3rd at the trade deadline for a vet D, and then acquired a 3rd or 4th at the draft for Holden to make room for Zadorov and Bigras?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Would it make everyone who's asset crazy, feel better if the Avs gave up a 3rd at the trade deadline for a vet D, and then acquired a 3rd or 4th at the draft for Holden to make room for Zadorov and Bigras?

Believing Holden gets traded is like believing in Unicorns, but yes...

Bigras has to prove he can play in the top four consistently before seasons end in order for that to remotely have a possibility of coming to fruition IMO.

FB - EJ
Bigras - Barrie
Zadorov - Polak

Holy **** that's sexy, get it out of my head!

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Believing Holden gets traded is like believing in Unicorns, but yes...

Bigras has to prove he can play in the top four consistently before seasons end in order for that to remotely have a possibility of coming to fruition IMO.

Last few games aside, with the way he's played this year, I could easily see a team who's going to lose a more expensive 3rd pairing guy to UFA, having interest in him for a mid pick.

He's played relatively solid D most of the year, been a physical presence, and is on pace for 28 points. Teams could have interest in a guy like that with a $1.65M cap hit.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Has nothing to do with being "asset crazy". You're not getting a good player for a 3rd anyways. Why give that up for an older bottom pairing defenseman who won't make much of a difference for this team?

Moving Holden for a 3rd sounds like a solid idea though.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
I know Polak has been brought up a few times, but I agree that we shouldn't be trading draft picks. Would a Hishon for Polak swap be fair? I think Hishon has more value than Polak, but like Elliott, it seems like his shot is over with the Avs.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Has nothing to do with being "asset crazy". You're not getting a good player for a 3rd anyways. Why give that up for an older bottom pairing defenseman who won't make much of a difference for this team?

You have to admit, through natural progression having Polak next to Bigras, then next to Zadorov next season is not a bad idea IMO.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Don't agree with this premise, since the margin between making and missing the playoffs is so small, and the Avs D has really been exposed the last little while.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
In this cap world, Holden is probably worth more than a 3rd... probably a mid 2nd or so. He is playing as a 4/5 on a super cheap contract for 2 years. For teams that would be butting up against the cap, that flexibility that his contract brings is worth quite a bit (also why he wouldn't be trade)

IMO there are players out there that could be had for a 3rd or later that would really help this team. The Avs shouldn't go hog wild, but they also shouldn't not entertain those trade.

I know Polak has been brought up a few times, but I agree that we shouldn't be trading draft picks. Would a Hishon for Polak swap be fair? I think Hishon has more value than Polak, but like Elliott, it seems like his shot is over with the Avs.

The value isn't there in that deal, nor do the Leafs want project prospects. They'd probably take somebody like Everberg or Rendulic before Hishon... still, they probably want picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino