Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I don't think they need to make a deal here, but Sakic has to at least explore the possibility given Droiun is a distressed property, at a position we need and has chemistry with Mac.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I don't think they need to make a deal here, but Sakic has to at least explore the possibility given Droiun is a distressed property, at a position we need and has chemistry with Mac.

Of course he should and he will. That is his job. He should speak with 29 teams a week about just about every player that could be available.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Interesting, but they do also play the Avs in a little over a week.

If the Avs do manage to trade for Drouin I think a draft day deal involving their 1st+ is the only way it gets done. Iggy at his age would sink Yzerman's career if he was the main piece.

The potential top 6 next year would be incredible though.

Landy - Duchene - Radulov
Drouin - MacK - Rantanen

That is disgusting in a good way lol

I think I've convinced myself the main asset I'd use is our 2016 first.

I'd try like a demon to protect it against 1st O/A Matthews, but any draft pick outside of Matthews, I'd be just as happy with Drouin when you add his familiarity with MacK and two years of physical development.

It's not like we're risking a lottery pick for a player who does not have franchise potential. Which is also why we'd probably have to add a good prospect like Bleakley or Siemens or both as well.

I would absolutely love Drouin. Does Tampa even want futures? Nobody really knows what their plan is with the whole Stamkos contract situation.

I think they would with their salary structure being so tight.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I would absolutely love Drouin. Does Tampa even want futures? Nobody really knows what their plan is with the whole Stamkos contract situation.

yeah, i'd guess stamkos situation would mean a lot on how they handle this.

but it's kind of interesting as if they re-sign stamkos, they can't take much salary back. so it would make some sense to look for more futures that are cheap in cap hit.

and if stamkos isn't re-signed, they'd have a lot of cap space to play with.

even if on paper it would make more sense to load up on 'now' trade return if they re-sign stamkos and futures if they won't.

it would hurt to lose zadorov but i'd trade him for drouin. but tampa would probably want more on top of that and i'm not sure if i'd do that. and tampa doesn't really need D on the left side.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I guess since Drouin isn't being used now anyway Tampa would be okay taking futures since that's really all Drouin is to them right now anyway. Still though, they're a great team now and are a piece or two away from making some noise.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
yeah, i'd guess stamkos situation would mean a lot on how they handle this.

but it's kind of interesting as if they re-sign stamkos, they can't take much salary back. so it would make some sense to look for more futures that are cheap in cap hit.

and if stamkos isn't re-signed, they'd have a lot of cap space to play with.

even if on paper it would make more sense to load up on 'now' trade return if they re-sign stamkos and futures if they won't.

it would hurt to lose zadorov but i'd trade him for drouin. but tampa would probably want more on top of that and i'm not sure if i'd do that. and tampa doesn't really need D on the left side.

With Coburn being a UFA and cap restraints. Young LHD might actually be more of a consideration than people think.

They don't play Carle much as it is right now either.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I prefer Bigras to Zadorov as well. We need more talent in the top 6 and our depth on defence is a lot better than our forwards. Plus where we'll likily be picking we'd miss out on the top end forwards but would be able to pick a Juolevi/Sergachyov to replace Zadorov.

With the way things are shaping up currently, our prospects will enter the NHL and make an impact (hopefully) at a time when players like Johnson and Varlamov are considered seasoned vets / approaching or at 30 years of age. If the Avs 'reset' their prospects even more...players part of the current core will be on the decline by the time the prospects we desperately need start to enter it. That is a terrible idea. Neither Zadorov or Bigras should go anywhere. Yes, we do need help up front, but should we sacrifice what has been the glaring need of this team for years (left handed quality defenders) simply because a 35 year old is currently holding the gap?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It sounds like half the board has given up on Zadorov already. You know players like him don't grow on trees? It's not like we can just go out and get another. He's just as proven as Drouin.

I wouldn't trade Zadorov or Bigras, even as bad as I want Drouin. But I don't think it's impossible to do without one of them either.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
With Coburn being a UFA and cap restraints. Young LHD might actually be more of a consideration than people think.

They don't play Carle much as it is right now either.

there is still garrison, nesterov and koekkoek besides them though.

outside of goalie, i think LD is their smallest need.

It sounds like half the board has given up on Zadorov already. You know players like him don't grow on trees? It's not like we can just go out and get another. He's just as proven as Drouin.

i don't think it's giving up on him if one is willing to trade him for drouin. i also don't think he's as proven. drouin has produced at fantastic rate with the minutes he's been given.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
That is disgusting in a good way lol

...And it's a fantasy land. You cannot manage Radulov, Drouin, Duchene, Landeskog, MacKinnon, and Rantanen (+Soderberg) long term up front. Unless we want 6 Nate Guenin's earning league minimum on the back end.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Grigorenko and a 2nd is as much as i would give up for this guy.

We need proven performers not another question mark.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Seriously doubt Zadorov is on the table. He is the centerpiece of the ROR trade for this mgmt group so as long as they are around he is pretty untouchable

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
there is still garrison, nesterov and koekkoek besides them though.

outside of goalie, i think LD is their smallest need.

i don't think it's giving up on him if one is willing to trade him for drouin. i also don't think he's as proven. drouin has produced at fantastic rate with the minutes he's been given.

That's true, but I don't think they'd scoff at someone like Siemens being thrown in as a sweetener either.

They could use a physical center with size like Bleackley in the system though. This just brings me back to our first most likely being the main asset.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
...And it's a fantasy land. You cannot manage Radulov, Drouin, Duchene, Landeskog, MacKinnon, and Rantanen (+Soderberg) long term up front. Unless we want 6 Nate Guenin's earning league minimum on the back end.

I disagree, but I really don't want to get into a cap structure debate. Lets just say they'd have to be careful about having Stuart and Iginla type contracts on the books. However those are not an issue by the time Drouin or Mikko's contracts would need to rise significantly.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I may be in the minority, but I'd sooner trade Rantanen than Zadorov. Cost-controlled defenseman are sososo important and almost always acieved through homegrown means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad