Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Anyone else think this might be worth taking a chance on?

Cap Hit: $3,625,000
AAV: $3,625,000
Total Value: $14,500,000
Length: 4 years

NHL Salary Bonus
2014-15 $4,000,000
2015-16 $3,500,000
2016-17 $3,500,000
2017-18 $3,500,000

Had an idea a few days ago about swapping him for Stuart, as Fayne has an extra year on Stuart but is much more likely to be serviceable and turn it around enough to make his contract worth while.

Hes right handed, and could push Guenin out of the lineup.

I would of rather done that swap than pick him up on waivers, but I'd think long and hard about picking him up.

Edit : Don't know enough about the issues surrounding him, but Yost made a comment in the recent 'Talking Avs' podcast that he'd be someone the Avs could look at, and has a good chance to turn things around. That's where my interest comes from anyways.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I thought Fayne was doing good in Edmonton? Seems like every average player goes there with too high of expectations and gets kicked out.

Ference, Fayne, Nikitin, Scrivens, Fasth, Gordon, Purcell... etc etc

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I thought Fayne was doing good in Edmonton? Seems like every average player goes there with too high of expectations and gets kicked out.

Ference, Fayne, Nikitin, Scrivens, Fasth, Gordon, Purcell... etc etc

A few of those players were mediocre / wishfuls even before they showed up in Edmonton, but it is quite remarkable how Fayne and Gordon, both very good players at their position before signing, have fallen off of a cliff.

Regarding Fayne, I would love to see him on the Avs, IF the Avs found a way to drop cap somewhere else, but really will not happen. I would not be surprised to see him pass waivers though. Edmonton must have tried to send him elsewhere first.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
With Fayne's contract, I wouldn't touch him. He is a decent player... not what stats people make him out to be, but a decent player who can play a regular shift in the NHL as a 5/6. Now trading with Edmonton and getting them to retain say 1-1.5m, I'd think about it.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
With Fayne's contract, I wouldn't touch him. He is a decent player... not what stats people make him out to be, but a decent player who can play a regular shift in the NHL as a 5/6. Now trading with Edmonton and getting them to retain say 1-1.5m, I'd think about it.

You don't think they'd swap him for Stuart?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You don't think they'd swap him for Stuart?

What incentive would Edmonton have to do that? Them waiving Fayne signals that they just want rid of the contract and hoping somebody takes a flyer on him. Stuart doesn't help there. They would be better off retaining roughly the same money that is buried and shipping him off than acquiring a similar contract.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
What incentive would Edmonton have to do that? Them waiving Fayne signals that they just want rid of the contract and hoping somebody takes a flyer on him. Stuart doesn't help there. They would be better off retaining roughly the same money that is buried and shipping him off than acquiring a similar contract.

Stuart having one less year on his contract is the reason I think it's a remotely viable idea.

I guess it would be much more likely if Fayne cleared waivers. Which is not out of the question considering the cap restraints of most teams.

If they are not going to play either player, having the one that has one less year might be appealing. You know for damn sure it's a good bet he'd be better on the right side than Guenin.

Cap hits are 3.5 & 3.6M

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Stuart having one less year on his contract is the reason I think it's a remotely viable idea.

I guess it would be much more likely if Fayne cleared waivers. Which is not out of the question considering the cap restraints of most teams.

If they are not going to play either player, having the one that has one less year might be appealing. You know for damn sure it's a good bet he'd be better on the right side than Guenin.

Cap hits are 3.5 & 3.6M

I don't think that really matters when other teams can offer much better deals. It would be better for Edmonton to just retain ~1m and get a B/C prospect or later pick than picking up Stuart. I'm sure Columbus would be more than willing to ship something small for Fayne with some retention.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don't think that really matters when other teams can offer much better deals. It would be better for Edmonton to just retain ~1m and get a B/C prospect or later pick than picking up Stuart. I'm sure Columbus would be more than willing to ship something small for Fayne with some retention.

CBJ has enough bad contracts, my bet is they wouldn't want to take the risk of another one. You could be right, though like I said, my idea is much more viable if he actually clears waivers.

Rebuilding teams probably are much more likely to want to play their kids than pick up a 3.5M dollar bottom pairing defender as well.

We're actually in a unique position where it could potentially benefit us.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Another reclamation project, although much more dangerous one. I guess it all depends on the cost, salary retention, and what not.

If the Canes are really willing to retain salary, and pay to get him off the books. You'd have to look at this I guess.

Landeskog and Skinner are really good friends as well. I know some of you argued 'for' Skinner weeks ago.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Skinner is somebody that I would absolutely take a chance on. Put him with Duchene or MacK (and if he stays healthy) and you have a 30g scorer on this team. Also would improve the PP quite a bit. If they were willing to just take back Stuart, I wouldn't worry about salary retention with him.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Skinner is somebody that I would absolutely take a chance on. Put him with Duchene or MacK (and if he stays healthy) and you have a 30g scorer on this team. Also would improve the PP quite a bit. If they were willing to just take back Stuart, I wouldn't worry about salary retention with him.

If they did it, I'd like to see them retain enough to get Skinner down to a similar number as Tanguay. Something around 3.5-4.5M, depending on other assets swapped.

That would be ideal IMO

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Grigorenko Mackinnon Duchene
Landeskog Soderberg Skinner

Those are two lines that would be a treat to watch. A solid mix of offense and defense on each line.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I like Skinner but I wouldn't like what it would take to get him.

What do you realistically think it would take? His contract isn't that desirable and definitely takes away some of his value. I'd trade any prospect not named Rantanen and add Pickard to them but I don't know if that would be enough. Probably not.

I doubt Roy agrees with Sakic on bringing in a player of Skinner's stature anyway.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
What do you realistically think it would take? His contract isn't that desirable and definitely takes away some of his value. I'd trade any prospect not named Rantanen and add Pickard to them but I don't know if that would be enough. Probably not.

I doubt Roy agrees with Sakic on bringing in a player of Skinner's stature anyway.

At least our first. And id be horrified to trade Bigras.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think the price to get Skinner will be all that high. Skinner is very one dimensional and has concussion issues to go along with a contract that will be tough to fit for some teams.

Skinner + B prospect for young roster player/good prospect close to the NHL + 2nd round pick + cap dump is probably what we see.

The Avs had/have interest Atkinson... I could see interest in Skinner.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Fayne is a really interesting target. Can't really afford to pick him up on waivers but I would trade for him while the value is probably as low as it gets.

I wouldn't be surprised if another team takes him on waivers though.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Grigorenko Mackinnon Duchene
Landeskog Soderberg Skinner

Those are two lines that would be a treat to watch. A solid mix of offense and defense on each line.

Replace Skinner with Rantanen and keep our prospects, thank you very much ;)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Replace Skinner with Rantanen and keep our prospects, thank you very much ;)

Replace Grigs with Rantanen instead.

Rantanen-MacK-Duchene
Landeskog-Soderberg-Skinner

Bigras, Rantanen, and Zadorov will be nearly untouchable in trades. I wouldn't worry about the Avs moving them. Bleacks, Siemens, Rendulic, Butcher, Bourke, etc are the prospects that the Avs would move. Compher could be in either group.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I wouldn't want to trade Bigras either but I think I'd do it if the deal was right.

Nah, I'd only do it if what THN suggested is true. That's that they're willing to retain salary, and possibly send a prospect back just to ship him out.

Basically a salary dump/reclamation project. I'd give nothing of real value for him personally. If they want something to chew on that looks pretty. Give them Bleakley, Siemens, and a 3rd rounder but no more.

Skinner is way too much of a risk, play and injury wise even at 4M/yr IMO.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I love Soderberg and have been his biggest supporter since the start of the season but ideally I want him to eventually move down to be our 3rd time centre getting 3rd line minutes (not 2nd/3rd lines splitting even minutes). This probably doesn't happen unless we add another top 6 player allowing Duchene to move back to centre.

Also, woooof at Skinner's contract. I was thinking it was around 4.5per.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad