Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
So has Hamonic requested a trade out west in general or a trade to just western "Canada" ? Ive read both

I've read it as he just wants to be close to Winnipeg... doesn't necessarily matter East/West/Canada. I'd guess the Islanders don't want him in the East, so they won't trade him there and that is partially where the West only rumor comes from.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
It would be extremily risky considering the offensive potential of Barrie, but i would do Barrie for Hamonic too.

And if offense from the back end becomes a problem for us, we can always send Gormley back to Arizona for Elliott.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Denver isn't really much closer to Winnipeg than New York is. Realistically, Jets is the ideal team for him.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Denver isn't really much closer to Winnipeg than New York is. Realistically, Jets is the ideal team for him.

Yeah either you live in the city or you don't. Anywhere else is a plane ride and its not like they have a bounty of days off to begin with. So like I said yesterday I don't really understand how leaving a team he has no desire to leave helps.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Here is a link to a list: http://www.sportmapworld.com/team/ice-hockey/north-america/winnipeg-jets/

Avs would the be the 6th closest counting Winnipeg, and the Avs would be a lot closer than NYC.

Wild and Jets are the only real close options. Beyond them, the next group is Calgary, Edmonton, Colorado, Chicago, St. Louis, and Detroit in the ~750-850 range.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
How much would it suck for him to go to Minny?

Him and Suter would be amazing together. Not much offensive production, but I don't think anyone would get by them.

Count me in as one who would do Barrie for Hamonic.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'd do Barrie for Hamonic too. I wouldn't hesitate either. Only thing is if Barrie keeps going, it's going to look like the EJ trade on paper where the offensive flashy guy gets traded away. I think Hamonic can do a lot heavier minutes though.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Can't imagine Snow talking to US teams in the West if Hamonic didn't approve. There's hope!

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
If im Snow, as much as you want to respect the player and his wishes, you signed a contract. If I cant find a good deal you are more than welcome to go home till we find a deal that works for the organization. But we arent goint to make a trade just because you ask for it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Can't imagine Snow talking to US teams in the West if Hamonic didn't approve. There's hope!

Take it for what its worth, but Dater did say he thinks Avs would love to get Hamonic, but doesn't think they have the resources to get it done.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Would the Islanders have any interest in Barrie, considering his next contract?

I hardly see why they would not, unless they have financial issues that I am unaware of. Certainly Barrie seems like the best replacement defensman they would be offered looking at some of the teams in the rough vicinity of Winnipeg he might be traded to.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Take it for what its worth, but Dater did say he thinks Avs would love to get Hamonic, but doesn't think they have the resources to get it done.

He's probably right about not having the resources. Unless they want Barrie and the Avs would be willing to move him. I think that's the only piece that would make sense.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

I think all 29 teams would love to get a 24/25 y/o minute munching RD with his contract. Thats amazing value. Im sure Snow will wait it out till he gets a fantastic deal.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
What I wonder is that if this is to be with family that's really ill...would you, if you're Garth Snow, just consider letting him take a leave of absence for the season to be with his family and welcome him back next year?

Maybe it's something that will be more long term than just this season, and I don't know if there's any mechanism for something like, and it would be tough on them being short a dman of his caliber but at least he has a really friendly cap hit and the Islanders are sort of middle of the pack with how much cap space they currently have.

I've seen more than a few Islanders fan say they'd rather lose him for a year and have him back then trade him away. It's tough to know if that would even work though between his situation with his family and the Islanders plans as a team/business.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
I hardly see why they would not, unless they have financial issues that I am unaware of. Certainly Barrie seems like the best replacement defensman they would be offered looking at some of the teams in the rough vicinity of Winnipeg he might be traded to.

I'm not sure about the Islanders finances, but i believe they would like to re-sign Okposo and, as we know, Barrie next contract is an unknown, it could range from 4.5M to something close to 7M, depending on how the rest of his season unfold.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If his family is based in Winnipeg you've got to believe that's exactly where Hamonic wants to be. I could easily see the Jets parting with Jacob Trouba for Hamonic

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
What I wonder is that if this is to be with family that's really ill...would you, if you're Garth Snow, just consider letting him take a leave of absence for the season to be with his family and welcome him back next year?

Maybe it's something that will be more long term than just this season, and I don't know if there's any mechanism for something like, and it would be tough on them being short a dman of his caliber but at least he has a really friendly cap hit and the Islanders are sort of middle of the pack with how much cap space they currently have.

I've seen more than a few Islanders fan say they'd rather lose him for a year and have him back then trade him away. It's tough to know if that would even work though between his situation with his family and the Islanders plans as a team/business.

Im sure Snow and the Isles would much rather him do that than be put in a position to have to trade arguably their best Dman.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Would the Islanders have any interest in Barrie, considering his next contract?

Absolutely they would... they are only a couple pieces from competing for a cup. Barrie is one of those pieces (elite offensive defensemen).

If his family is based in Winnipeg you've got to believe that's exactly where Hamonic wants to be. I could easily see the Jets parting with Jacob Trouba for Hamonic

I don't. Trouba will be a better Hamonic here real soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad