Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
I would prefer not to trade Barrie. How do people feel about Bigras and Siemens for Hamonic? Or even Zadorov... Some combination there to be had. Not sure Isles would take anything less than a NHL top 4 D man though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
This whole Hamonic thing doesnt feel right to me. It feels like both sides are being forced to accommodate a player's demand. Yeah your getting a good defender but at his value your being asked to out of the blue give up a significant asset.

It feels to me that Hamonic's agent has leaked this to put pressure on Snow to deal him. Hamonic asked for the trade early and Snow hasn't been aggressive enough in the agent's opinion. Pure speculation on my part, but that is what it feels like to me.

The Islanders' window is opening now... they won't want futures. Duchene, Barrie, MacK, Landy, and EJ are the players that would move the needle for the Islanders (obviously there are some adds from the Islanders' side in there).

What if getting Hamonic gets them to bring Zadorov back sooner than later?

I generally don't like trades, they make me very uneasy but I can see the logic in this.

I can absolutely see that.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It feels to me that Hamonic's agent has leaked this to put pressure on Snow to deal him. Hamonic asked for the trade early and Snow hasn't been aggressive enough in the agent's opinion. Pure speculation on my part, but that is what it feels like to me.

Either that or one of the teams interested is frustrated by talks they've had.

FWIW, Dreger said he doesn't think this is coming from Hamonic or his agent.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
If it's Barrie for Hamonic, I want something else coming back from the Islanders. Even then I dont know if I pull the trigger

Do the Islanders have any good forward prospects besides the problem child Ho-Sang?

Edit: Yes, Dal Colle, Barzal, Strome

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Either that or one of the teams interested is frustrated by talks they've had.

FWIW, Dreger said he doesn't think this is coming from Hamonic or his agent.

Could be, but this screams like an agent sort of move to me. It isn't often that a player is forced to address something like asking for a trade publicly that is leaked from an opposing team. That almost always comes from the player or agent.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

The Islanders' window is opening now... they won't want futures. Duchene, Barrie, MacK, Landy, and EJ are the players that would move the needle for the Islanders (obviously there are some adds from the Islanders' side in there).

I can absolutely see that.

I think thats absolutely what happened. He asked for a trade around the draft and Snow hasnt found the right deal.
People think its going to happen soon. I dont think so. Snow doesnt strike me as the type of guy thats a pushover.
He'd just as quickly tell Hamonic to go home if he feels like he has to till a deal gets done.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
If it's Barrie for Hamonic, I want something else coming back from the Islanders. Even then I dont know if I pull the trigger

Do the Islanders have any good forward prospects besides the problem child Ho-Sang?

Edit: Yes, Dal Colle, Barzal, Strome

Perhaps Barrie is the better player (probably not though), but Hamonic's contract makes him more valuable in my opinion.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Dreger was on That's Hockey just now and reiterated what he said earlier. Jets, Oilers, and Flames are believed to be the three teams in the mix since Hamonic first asked for the trade. Now the Wild and Avs are involved as well.

He also said Hamonic's agent was given permission to speak with other teams a few days ago, which probably means Snow wasn't getting what he wanted so the list could expand.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I wouldn't be too happy if we traded Barrie for Hamonic. Not because he is necessarily better but Barrie brings something that no one else does on this team. I have no idea what we would give otherwise though.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I just don't see how Hamonic would be happier in Denver than New York. It's not like he can go see his family more often outside of the one-two extra games Avs have in Winnipeg. Are there even direct flights from Denver to Winnipeg?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I just don't see how Hamonic would be happier in Denver than New York. It's not like he can go see his family more often outside of the one-two extra games Avs have in Winnipeg. Are there even direct flights from Denver to Winnipeg?

Google says yes.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

What I don't get is how being in the west helps. Either you are in the city you need to be in or you aren't. Is he trying to fly there and back on a day off? I don't see how it really helps his situation. It seems pretty drastic to ask for a trade from a team you don't want to leave. Like there can't be any other solution?

Avs44

May 16, 2011

I took this from the Islanders board:

Colorado is a non-stop 2 hour flight to Winnipeg. JFK is a 7 to 8 hour trip with a layover. If he is going to try and go home often, that is a major difference. Also, being in the West means he plays teams in the West more with better ability to pivot to Winnipeg as needed.

If that is true, no wonder why he wants to leave. Is it actually a 7 hour flight with a layover to get to Winnipeg?? There is nothing direct from JFK? That amazes me, if true.

Edit: Looking it up, it appears to be true. All flights stop in Toronto first with a delay of 2-3 hours. This makes a lot more sense now.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I took this from the Islanders board:

If that is true, no wonder why he wants to leave. Is it actually a 7 hour flight with a layover to get to Winnipeg?? There is nothing direct from JFK? That amazes me, if true.

Edit: Looking it up, it appears to be true. All flights stop in Toronto first with a delay of 2-3 hours. This makes a lot more sense now.

When you say it like that, yeah that could make a difference. A two hour flight I guess he could go on off days or after a road trip.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Regardless I hope it happens soon. Hearing the Avs are in a race for a d-man like that will have me hitting refresh a lot.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
We're used to missing out on defensemen. Lets hope this isn't another, "Avs thought they had a deal but it fell through."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad