Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'd rather not have Drouin if it can be helped. Drouin just looks like the kind of guy who will never live up to his junior hype, I think we would all be very disappointed in him if he actually played a full season for us.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I still think they are going to bring in another D like Russell or Goligoski or Campbell. Even with the baby Ds Holden is going to end up being the weak link. They cant keep giving him nearly 18 min a night and expect to make the playoffs.
Make the trade for Drouin. Bring up Rants. Let Boeds go to BOS.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
We have even less to give now but whatever.

We have the 1st. Some people really want a winger with that pick so why not move it for a 21 year old NHL ready winger (if possible)? I don't think that would be bad at all.

MikeC

Feb 28, 2002
L'Assomption
I'd rather not have Drouin if it can be helped. Drouin just looks like the kind of guy who will never live up to his junior hype, I think we would all be very disappointed in him if he actually played a full season for us.

I can not predict the future but I will say one thing about Drouin, his hockey IQ would be the best on the Avs team. This kid IQ was the best in the Q since Crosby.

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
At this point, is it likely compher signs this year? Also, what position would he play if he made the team? Seems like with rantanen coming up and the additions of boedker and grigorenko, itd be hard to get him in a top 6 role.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Well you cant plan your lineup on the whims of a prospect. If he signs he'll be AHL bound and hopefully be good enough to beat out ..Skille? some other 4th liner? In a perfect world he signs and plays on the 4th line opening night but a perfect world this aint.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
On the radio Wednesday Roy talked about ROR and how maybe if they didn't play him in the NHL as an 18 year old he could still be an Av since his contract would have began later. Seems like Roy is a big believer in letting players develop slowly so I cant see him playing Compher 4th line minutes on the first year of his ELC.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think it's becoming clear they have two outlets they could go down, each with two options, and they'll look to bring in one of each. Trade and FA.

Drouin in trade, and if not then Yakupov. Rads as a FA and if not then Boeds.

I've thought all year it was very likely our 1st would be moved for someone, I'm just not sure if it will be in a deal for a forward or a defenseman.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
On the radio Wednesday Roy talked about ROR and how maybe if they didn't play him in the NHL as an 18 year old he could still be an Av since his contract would have began later. Seems like Roy is a big believer in letting players develop slowly so I cant see him playing Compher 4th line minutes on the first year of his ELC.

NCAA graduates are different, playing them immediately doesn't make them UFA at 26 versus 27.

I do think you're right he won't rush him, but he did play Bigras after half a season here. So I wouldn't rule out Compher on this team next year.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Compher's also about to turn 21. It's not really the same as trusting an 18 year old, though I think he very well could get some AHL seasoning first, before a call up mid season.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I think it's becoming clear they have two outlets they could go down, each with two options, and they'll look to bring in one of each. Trade and FA.

Drouin in trade, and if not then Yakupov. Rads as a FA and if not then Boeds.

I've thought all year it was very likely our 1st would be moved for someone, I'm just not sure if it will be in a deal for a forward or a defenseman.

I think I would prefer Matthias over Yak.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If Compher gets signed, I'd be pretty confident in him earning a spot out of camp. Roy will fall in love with the kid's tenacity.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
If Compher gets signed, I'd be pretty confident in him earning a spot out of camp. Roy will fall in love with the kid's tenacity.

Depending on offseason moves I could definitely see this happening. Assuming we are able to sign Compher :cry:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Depends on how they setup the lines. If they don't move Duchene, and keep him at center, with Mack and Soda healthy behind him, I think Compher would start in the AHL. If Mitchell is here it would make even more sense. If Dutchy moves to wing to start, then I think he could make the team as 3rd line center.

I think he's probably old enough, and plays a simple enough game where you could use him on the 4th line and not worry too much about playing time, but it's not really necessary with the other options they have for the 4th line. Giving him a big role and a taste of pro hockey in the minors would make more sense IMO.

I'd be surprised if they tried to work him in as a winger, and chances are there may not be any spots open there either, if they address that in the off season.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Depends on how they setup the lines. If they don't move Duchene, and keep him at center, with Mack and Soda healthy behind him, I think Compher would start in the AHL. If Mitchell is here it would make even more sense. If Dutchy moves to wing to start, then I think he could make the team as 3rd line center.

I think he's probably old enough, and plays a simple enough game where you could use him on the 4th line and not worry too much about playing time, but it's not really necessary with the other options they have for the 4th line. Giving him a big role and a taste of pro hockey in the minors would make more sense IMO.

I'd be surprised if they tried to work him in as a winger, and chances are there may not be any spots open there either, if they address that in the off season.

Maybe Sakic enjoys getting rid of Roy's crutches and trades at least two of Mitchell, Comeau, and Holden. I'm not a Lake fan, but that's more of how he is used than him personally. Same thing with Mitchell.

I'd love to see Comeau shipped off and replaced with Compher. I like guys like Matt who sticks to their damn role and what they are good at.

Comeau needs to have the balls to tell Roy not to play him on the power play over Soderberg (I'm only kind of joking here lol). Seeing that ape on the half wall makes me want to throw **** at the TV.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Why wouldn't they use JTC as a winger? If the lineup's occupied further up, then letting him take Skille's role to start with would make perfect sense...at least until Roy's ready to swap him and Iggy, assuming Iginla's still here.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Why wouldn't they use JTC as a winger? If the lineup's occupied further up, then letting him take Skille's role to start with would make perfect sense...at least until Roy's ready to swap him and Iggy, assuming Iginla's still here.

I was kind of hoping Iggy was either gone or taking Skille's spot lol, where does Iggy play higher in the lineup if Boedker or Radulov are here and Rantanen is up?

Top 9; Duchy, MacK, Landy, Greg, Rantanen, Soderberg, Radulov/Boedker, Comeau, Matthias.

I like Matts more than Comeau, but I realize that's probably not realistic. If they believe JTC is on the roster next year, you might as well not sign one of Matts or Skille.

This should be interesting with JTC, because we all know how much Roy is going to value putting him in the AHL for a year. If Compher is going to be in the AHL, why not just play another year in College and choose your destination?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I was kind of hoping Iggy was either gone or taking Skille's spot lol, where does Iggy play higher in the lineup if Boedker or Radulov are here and Rantanen is up?

Top 9; Duchy, MacK, Landy, Greg, Rantanen, Soderberg, Radulov/Boedker, Comeau, Matthias.

I like Matts more than Comeau, but I realize that's probably not realistic. If they believe JTC is on the roster next year, you might as well not sign one of Matts or Skille.

This should be interesting with JTC, because we all know how much Roy is going to value putting him in the AHL for a year. If Compher is going to be in the AHL, why not just play another year in College and choose your destination?

Hopefully for another National Hockey League team :laugh:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Maybe Sakic enjoys getting rid of Roy's crutches and trades at least two of Mitchell, Comeau, and Holden. I'm not a Lake fan, but that's more of how he is used than him personally. Same thing with Mitchell.

I'd love to see Comeau shipped off and replaced with Compher. I like guys like Matt who sticks to their damn role and what they are good at.

Comeau needs to have the balls to tell Roy not to play him on the power play over Soderberg (I'm only kind of joking here lol). Seeing that ape on the half wall makes me want to throw **** at the TV.

Comeau frustrates me with some of his puck decisions too, but I still think he's been a welcome addition in that gritty two way tweener winger role. Especially when he decides to be a physical presence. I think that gritty tweener role is an underrated one for a hockey team.

Problem is the Avs didn't have the right combination of wingers most of the year and he was given a bigger role than he should have had, and he probably also got to thinking he was better than he actually is offensively.

With a healthy Mack and Duchene, plus Rantanen and possibly Boedker and Matthias on the team next year, he can be pushed down the depth chart a bit.

I do think there's a decent chance they move Mitchell and Holden, but I can't see them moving Comeau after only one year.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Comeau frustrates me with some of his puck decisions too, but I still think he's been a welcome addition in that gritty two way tweener winger role. I think that's an underrated role for a hockey team.

Problem is the Avs didn't have the right combination of wingers most of the year and he was given a bigger role than he should have had.

With a healthy Mack and Duchene, plus Rantanen and possibly Boedker and Matthias on the team next year, he can be pushed down the depth chart a bit.

I do think there's a decent chance they move Mitchell and Holden, but I can't see them moving Comeau after only one year.

I can't either, but his contract rubs me the wrong way a bit.

I do understand what value Comeau holds, but is it worth 2.4M to us? That's a legit question with all things considered IMO.

That cap restraints we're going to be under are probably getting under my skin a little causing this sentiment, if Iggy/Stuart wasn't around I probably wouldn't even bring it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad