Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Id rather Drouin just play a year and put up like 70 pts so we can justify paying a kings ransom they will obviously ask for.

One more year and we might get away with an offer-sheet if they sign Stamkos. ;)

We'll just keep offer-sheeting him for one year 7M until they decide not to match it or he hits free-agency. Lets help the kid out lol

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Why would they even trade him now? They're probably losing their #1 center for nothing this summer. Time heals all wounds. Daniel Alfredsson once held out to start the year in Ottawa when he was young. I have to think they're going to figure out a way to make it work given his play.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Why would they even trade him now? They're probably losing their #1 center for nothing this summer. Time heals all wounds. Daniel Alfredsson once held out to start the year in Ottawa when he was young. I have to think they're going to figure out a way to make it work given his play.

What if MacKinnon and Drouin are serious about playing together in the NHL? We might want to get Drouin over here before the opposite happens.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
His value (esp. to the Avs) keeps going up by the game. By now its at least Bigras and the 10th. Who knows where it'll be by the time Tampa's season ends.

And thats if Dru still wants out.
Which I cant imagine he would now.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

One reason to trade him would obviously be if there's still hard feelings there and he still wants out. You'd think they'll work it out now but you never know.

Getting a young center (if Stamkos leaves) or defenseman could be something they'd rather have as well. They already tried to trade him before any of this happened to get that defenseman they want. Maybe that was just because it was Ekblad so they took a shot but they apparently still do really want a RHD.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Really? A lot of things have to align for that to happen, because Tampa and Colorado own their rights for several more years.

Well if we trade Barrie, and don't get Drouin we'll keep missing out on MacK's bromances.

We're not at fault for Stastny leaving though...

On a serious note, I do have this thought that keeps sneaking into the back of my mind.

Seguin/Benn

Kane/Towes

Drouin/MacKinnon

It's absolutely possible with the way their play styles fit IMO.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 3m3 minutes ago
Listening to people around the KHL, it looks like nobody is expecting Radulov to be back next year. Let the craziness begin...

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Time doesn't heal all wounds though. It might improve them, but it doesn't always solve them. There's definitely a good chance they completely patch things but it's not crazy to assume that a guy who straight up walked out on a franchise in the middle of the season might still want to be moved in the offseason.

If Drouin says in the offseason that he wants to be traded he absolutely will be whether the request is public or not. He's gaining more value now and there's no way Yzerman risks him sitting out on him again.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
What's Drouin's leverage? He sat and was basically forced to come back. What is he going to do, just sit around again. If they play him all playoffs and say he's going to play in the NHL then what is he going to be upset about? It might come up again when his ELC is up but I think they will make it work through next season.

detrude

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
Apr 23, 2007
Just curious, how much have you followed Drouin? How many games have you seen on TV or live?

I've seen him plenty of times live, and he reminds me of a young Patty Kane. Which is the only reason I'm not arguing against some of the hype on him.

Kane is a **** head too lol (both of them)

Edit : Just for fun, and because I'm down on MacK's overall hockey intelligence. I like this comparison,

Thor = Drouin

Thor's Hammer = MacKinnon

lol

I've seen at least 30 of his pro games, including some of his recent AHL and playoff games. The kid has talent but I don't think he's good enough to be a top 3 scorer in this league. I think people are going off the deep end because he's scored a few points in the playoffs, which is funny because it was the exact opposite when he started slow in the AHL.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 3m3 minutes ago
Listening to people around the KHL, it looks like nobody is expecting Radulov to be back next year. Let the craziness begin...

Oh boy. This is going to be a massive upgrade for us. Landeskog and Drouin at LW and Radulov and Rantanen at RW. Looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad