Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And you can't say it would. It's all heresay without any factional evidence. So yes it is VERY ignorant to say that Greer left the NCAA is good in terms of UFA eligibility, especially when he has zero evidence if AJ would have ever been that type of player.

Que? Just because we don't know if he would've used the option, doesn't mean that him no longer having the option isn't a good thing.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I will echo TV's statements that it's really bad...because now Toronto (and I'm only speculating, but it seems like he'll be Toronto bound. Would be surprised if it's elsewhere) will reap 100% of the reward, and Nashville will get nothing.

Perhaps in the future this can be rectified by making the team signing the NCAA UFA give up a draft pick in the round after the one he was drafted? Just spitballing, but then at least the team that drafted him doesn't get nothing.

Technically, they get a pick, right.

I agree, but for different reasons. It's 100% not fair that a player who is drafted out of the NCAA can hold out and become a free agent and get to choose their team (not really about the money, but it's still a massive perk), while a player drafted out of juniors is bound to that team for at least 6 years.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Technically, they get a pick, right.

I agree, but for different reasons. It's 100% not fair that a player who is drafted out of the NCAA can hold out and become a free agent and get to choose their team (not really about the money, but it's still a massive perk), while a player drafted out of juniors is bound to that team for at least 6 years.

Do they? I thought that was just for 1st rounders, which Vesey was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille