Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Canucks fan here what would you guys want for Duchene? Landeskog (if available) Mackinnon (read he is not untouchable).

I assume Duchene would be the cheapest lots of rumours swirling around him.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Canucks fan here what would you guys want for Duchene? Landeskog (if available) Mackinnon (read he is not untouchable).

Our own GM has said, more than once this year, that the only players/assets he's not interested in talking about are: MacKinnon, Rantanen, Jost, and the 2017 1st round pick.

I don't really care what Edmonton media says to the contrary. I know that any player can be traded, but to think MacKinnon can be had for anything short of a deal that would be too stupid for the Avs to turn down is just...well, I think you get the picture.

Duchene probably can be had, but I guess it depends on what you mean by "cheap". The Avs won't just give him away, but no, I don't think he has the same value that he held last year/summer (when he could have gotten more, and the Avs were offered pieces that have shown themselves to be of the "premiere" variety).

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

Why would VAN want old Dutchess? arent you guys in the same rebuilding muck we are in?

personally i think he's heading to the Isles or depending how badly the Habs get beat, possibly still them

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Duchene is a known quantity. I don't think the past season will have a crucial impact on his value. Avs need to wait for the right deal, talks of Murray scare me. I'd prefer D. Savard.

Edit: Murray is injured??? Again???

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Duchene is a known quantity. I don't think the past season will have a crucial impact on his value. Avs need to wait for the right deal, talks of Murray scare me. I'd prefer D. Savard.

Edit: Murray is injured??? Again???

His hand is still broken from last month.

Edit: he played 82 games last season and 60 this season before breaking his hand, his "injury issues" are way overblown.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Daryl Sutter is gone from LA. Wouldn't mind him as our coach.

I think Darryl Sutter's a great coach, but I think his style fits the type of team we were previously building under Roy. Not the smaller quicker team they're trying to build for Bednar.

For the record though, I think there will be a resurgance with bigger teams having success. It's cyclical, and the league is very copy cat. Right now team's are trying to copy the smaller quicker player model. In a few years, I bet we see a bigger physical team win a Cup, and then a bunch of team's go back to that, and the media will talk about how the smaller team got pushed around and needs to get bigger.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
His hand is still broken from last month.

Edit: he played 82 games last season and 60 this season before breaking his hand, his "injury issues" are way overblown.

Uh-huh...so were Jordan Leopold's then I guess.

The kid has played 4 years in the NHL : 66, 12, 82 and 60 games played. Only ONE fully healthy season where he didn't miss a large chunk of time.

Some players...just can't seem to stay healthy and the Avs need to steer clear of those guys. (I think they learned their lesson from Mueller)

We already have EJ missing a bunch of games seemingly every year on the backend, no need for another one when there are other potential targets that make much more sense.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Uh-huh...so were Jordan Leopold's then I guess.

The kid has played 4 years in the NHL : 66, 12, 82 and 60 games played. Only ONE fully healthy season where he didn't miss a large chunk of time.

Some players...just can't seem to stay healthy and the Avs need to steer clear of those guys. (I think they learned their lesson from Mueller)

We already have EJ missing a bunch of games seemingly every year on the backend, no need for another one when there are other potential targets that make much more sense.

also missed the whole lockout year, what was supposed to be his rookie year.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I can't imagine Duchene is remotely interested in staying from a professional POV. From a personal life point of view, sure, he's spent his entire adult life in Denver. From a professional perspective, The Avs have basically botched multiple rebuild attempts, having to reset after about 2-3 years. They have even worse management in place than when they started. Nothing is going to be different this time without different people in charge. Literally any team he went to would be an upgrade from an organizational standpoint, now that Edmonton and Toronto have brought in real management.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Galchenyuk is moved to the 4th line for Montreal in the playoffs. I know how badly we need Defense, but if we could find a way to add this guy for cheap from Montreal we should seriously explore it.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Galchenyuk is moved to the 4th line for Montreal in the playoffs. I know how badly we need Defense, but if we could find a way to add this guy for cheap from Montreal we should seriously explore it.

He really hasn't looked great in the games I have seen. I don't know if it is usage or linemates or what but that is two coaches in the same season that has demoted him. Something is not right there.

That being said, if he is available to have you make that trade.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
He really hasn't looked great in the games I have seen. I don't know if it is usage or linemates or what but that is two coaches in the same season that has demoted him. Something is not right there.

Not working hard defensively at all, floating around for the puck to score. That's a big no no for Julien.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think Galchy will get moved this summer. Montreal won't want to pay for his demands (5+m per) and Galchy has little reason to budge. If Duchene gets traded to Montreal, I could easily see it being Galchy with a small plus for Duchene. I'd be totally okay with that too. Their production going forward should be similar, but Galchy has a longer window even if he gets relegated to wing long-term.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

That being said, if he is available to have you make that trade.

Yeah they talk about it on the radio almost every night. Seems like while Galchenyuk is a really talented guy, he doesn't always give 100% effort and apparently he sucks as a center and doesn't like playing wing. (I wouldn't know, I don't really watch the habs that much but that's what the pundits say)

Not working hard defensively at all, floating around for the puck to score. That's a big no no for Julien.

This.

You'd guys would hate Galchenyuk, esp if he came at the cost of Dutchy..which he totally would.

And...this too.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah they talk about it on the radio almost every night. Seems like while Galchenyuk is a really talented guy, he doesn't always give 100% effort and apparently he sucks as a center and doesn't like playing wing. (I wouldn't know, I don't really watch the habs that much but that's what the pundits say)

I wouldn't say he sucks at center, but he isn't a guy you want as a matchup center. As a 2nd liner and given more offensive shifts, he'd do quite well. Montreal keeps trying to force him as a #1, and he isn't that. I'd welcome Galchy with open arms here.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'll be rooting against Montreal the whole way. Hope they go out in the first round, we need them desperate for Dutchy.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I'll be rooting against Montreal the whole way. Hope they go out in the first round, we need them desperate for Dutchy.

Its really starting to look that way anyway, but your right. As of now they matchup horribly against the Rags with Stepan, Hayes, Mika Z at C . They have Pleks and Danault (who i really like tbh)

if they get waxed and Dutchy dominates at the worlds like i think he will...we could be sitting here revisiting all those MTL proposals ad nauseum till it eventually happens.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

So he's the modern-day Chris Drury is what you're saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad