Speculation: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So Duchene is worth semi-bust Ryan Murray now?

That draft class was so weak that I'd hesitate to call anyone coming out of the 2012 class a bust at this point. There was just no good player available.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't agree with anything concerning mental fragility when it comes to Duchene. Anyone in his position would be completely and utterly frustrated as well. He opted to sign quickly twice with an organization he trusted. That trust was betrayed, and that organization failed miserably to build a winner around him.

Being mentally fragile doesn't mean that he's not right to feel that way (because he is), it means that he lets emotions greatly affect his performances. He's always been like that, too. Remember when he'd lose confidence for like 15 games every year and would almost completely stop scoring? It's just that this year it's even more blatant with the off-ice stuff.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
That draft class was so weak that I'd hesitate to call anyone coming out of the 2012 class a bust at this point. There was just no good player available.

eh? Forsberg, Ghost, Parayko, Slavin...

and talking about that draft class, instead of Murray, I`d prefer to get Skjei on the Avs. Skjei + Kreider for Duchene + Bigras?

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
They definitely have the pieces but it's not their window. Two years of Duchene doesn't do much for them. I think of it like OEL, we'd LOVE to have him but what would you give up for only two guaranteed years? Mikko? Jost?

Yeah that makes sense. You're probably right, I was just looking at it from the perspective that they could use that center and seem to have an abundance of young D

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
About Dutchy, wah ****ing wah wah. The dude is getting paid 6 MILLION DOLLARS a year. I know there is a human element to this story, but damn I had posters of Avs players on my wall growing up too.

It's not like the casual fan has turned on him either. He still could play for them.

The dudes a snowflake on the ice who needs everything to be perfect to perform. Needs the right coach, right line mates, now it's the right GM.

I'm over it, give me 6 strong to be disgruntled. Life's not all unicorns and rainbows.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
About Dutchy, wah ****ing wah wah. The dude is getting paid 6 MILLION DOLLARS a year. I know there is a human element to this story, but damn I had posters of Avs players on my wall growing up too.

It's not like the casual fan has turned on him either. He still could play for them.

The dudes a snowflake on the ice who needs everything to be perfect to perform. Needs the right coach, right line mates, now it's the right GM.

I'm over it, give me 6 strong to be disgruntled. Life's not all unicorns and rainbows.

Hyperbole post of the day.:laugh:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's not just Duchene having an off-year. It's pretty much everyone, except the new additions.

Must be some weird stuff going on in that locker room. Hopefully whatever's off is aired out.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I dont think its a coincidence that pretty much all the newer guys are playing well. The rooks , well this is all new to them but for guys like Nieto, Ghetto, and Barb , its almost like a start for them. Dunk should have been brought up along time ago just to have a fresh energy in the room, on defense esp. and to mesh with those new faces

I know people saw Dutchess shouldnt be traded to be traded but i think he absolutely does , just get the best offer you can by the draft (probably from the east) and let both parties have a fresh start

everything new and fresh

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
It's not just Duchene having an off-year. It's pretty much everyone, except the new additions.

Must be some weird stuff going on in that locker room. Hopefully whatever's off is aired out.

I just hope it's not the Kroenkes and a trickle down effect. If it is the incompetence of Sakic or Bednar or a couple of the core players, that can be replaced. But if it's that the Kroenkes are sporting bafoons?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Is it that the collective is fragile? It's not one person but when the group gets together it just can't function? Too many bad memories together. It didn't just start this year, it goes back years. The collapse last year, the inability to get over the Wild loss which affected them for years. Then on top of it you throw on crappy vets who are there for "leadership" who can't perform. But yet they can't be disrespected so everyone is tiptoeing around them. We saw it in the Chicago game that the new blood lifted the tide of the star players. Landy said he could go for the SH chance because Compher was back covering for him. I have been saying back since December they couldn't roll out the same lineup and expect different results and yet they did and watched loss after loss. It's so many different things that add up to this historic perfect storm of ineptitude.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
eh? Forsberg, Ghost, Parayko, Slavin...

What an absolute disgrace, especially since 3 of these 4 were picked late (so it was pure luck) and the only 1st rounder wasn't even in the top 10. Sick.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Is it that the collective is fragile? It's not one person but when the group gets together it just can't function? Too many bad memories together. It didn't just start this year, it goes back years. The collapse last year, the inability to get over the Wild loss which affected them for years. Then on top of it you throw on crappy vets who are there for "leadership" who can't perform. But yet they can't be disrespected so everyone is tiptoeing around them. We saw it in the Chicago game that the new blood lifted the tide of the star players. Landy said he could go for the SH chance because Compher was back covering for him. I have been saying back since December they couldn't roll out the same lineup and expect different results and yet they did and watched loss after loss. It's so many different things that add up to this historic perfect storm of ineptitude.

Yeah it really is/was the perfect storm.

By no means do I want to make Dutchy the scapegoat of this either. He's a good dude. I think a change would be good for both parties here. I'm just sick of all the excuses. ( not necessarily coming from him )

But he is where I would start making changes. Landy's captaincy is next IMO, then Bednars ass, then Sakic's.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
The catch-22 is that Duchene & Landeskog can't succeed in this environment right now so that's why their performance is off but the problem is that Duchene & Landeskog have been a part of that environment for a long time and might be part of the cause. Not the only reason but I guess it's cyclical and the way to break that is trade them.

Ryan Murray isn't my first choice in a Duchene trade but if him and a little something else is offered then I do it in order to trade Duchene but obviously I wanna explore other offers like the Nashville one with Fabbro. Also in terms of roster personnel (coaching/FO is another matter), trading Duchene alone is not gonna do it. They have to move Landeskog, Barrie, etc.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
The catch-22 is that Duchene & Landeskog can't succeed in this environment right now so that's why their performance is off but the problem is that Duchene & Landeskog have been a part of that environment for a long time and might be part of the cause. Not the only reason but I guess it's cyclical and the way to break that is trade them.

Ryan Murray isn't my first choice in a Duchene trade but if him and a little something else is offered then I do it in order to trade Duchene but obviously I wanna explore other offers like the Nashville one with Fabbro. Also in terms of roster personnel (coaching/FO is another matter), trading Duchene alone is not gonna do it. They have to move Landeskog, Barrie, etc.

Yeah I have to agree with you here. I'm not *there* so to speak on Landy yet, but gettin' closer as the days go on. Getting there on Barrie too.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Duchene <---> Hanifin
Landy <---> McAvoy
Barrie <---> Pulju/Nylander
Bigras + #32 <---> Connor
Buyout Beauch
Win Lottery

Boom?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Murray+ for Duchene wouldn't be a disaster for us, it'd only be a disaster in the context of what we were expecting a few months ago. Either way, what is Matt Duchene for us right now? A disaster who hasn't been able to be a part of the club anymore. He was worth a lot more than a 2nd pairing dman at one point but that 2nd pairing dman would be more of a help to us right now than Matt Duchene.

Let's just hope that if we pick up a draft pick or prospect then it ends up being as good for us as JT Compher is looking right now.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
The avs have made it pretty much inevitable that they have to trade Duchene. The avs never surrounding him with any help is frustrating. Duchene dunks are frustrating. Hopefully we don't get rolled in a trade for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad