Speculation: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
If the Avs protect Blake Comeau I will not be following them next season. I'll start over with Las Vegas.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Blake C is the perfect forward for Vegas. NHL player (although bad one), 1 year left so should return a 6/7 rounder at the deadline, makes 2.8 million to help get to cap.

I can't wait for Dallas to sign that college d man because the avs never do!

Also it makes sense for Duchene to go pre expansion draft if it's to a team like Columbus or Nashville for protection purposes with the 7-3-1 option.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Avs appear to be fans of those so called leaders (Beauchemin and Comeau) so it wouldn't surprise me if Comeau was protected.

I want it all public though. Give me chaos around the league, even it means one of Varly/Pickard and other Avs feel slighted afterwards.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Will there be any good D available in the Expansion Draft?

Maybe Sakic and McPhee could work something out where we get better on D...

Yeah, I know, but it's nice to dream...

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I have no problem with protecting Comeau as long as someone with a longer contract gets picked up.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Minny have to expose one of Brodin/Spurgeon/Dumba. People initially thought it would be Brodin but now it seems that it leans towards Dumba.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I really really think this will be kept private and wont get out. I know people think the NHL not releasing this is simply an attack on the fans but this is major for personnel and relationships within a team. Goaltender duos in particular. Going into training camp next year Sakic and Co DO NOT want Pickard/Varlamov knowing which one of the two were left to be taken for free.

Teams are going to do everything in their power to prevent this information from going public and I think they'll be pretty successful in doing that. I think the only information which will leak are players who agreed to waive their NMC or internal "don't pick this guy" trades.

That's exactly why it's going to be someone's mission to get the list

For a team with a lot of assets like Arizona, yeah that's an option

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
For a team with a lot of assets like Arizona, yeah that's an option

024_crying-baby-sad-face.jpg

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Has anyone heard if they are going to implement a trade freeze during the draft process. I would think they would have to so an exposed player doesn't get traded to another team right before LV takes him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The league felt out team GMs last week on the matter and found that a fair number of them feel that their protected lists should be not be made public.

Not all of them feel that way. One GM told ESPN.com he thought the room was close to being split. But even that number gives the league pause.

Two GMs I've spoken with since then insist that they're fine with the lists being made public. NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said via email on Tuesday that the issue is still being discussed.

"We haven't made a final decision yet on what public access we may make available to the protected and available lists," Daly said. "The managers have expressed a preference for maintaining the confidentiality of that information. We will make a final decision in due time. There is no rush here."

No doubt the league is aware that fans are eager for the information. But if the majority of clubs do indeed want confidentiality for the protective lists, the league may decide that's the route to go.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/18907321/nhl-protected-player-lists-team-made-public-june-expansion-draft

Put me in the group of fans that want all the information. Public lists and a televised expansion draft.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Has anyone heard if they are going to implement a trade freeze during the draft process. I would think they would have to so an exposed player doesn't get traded to another team right before LV takes him.

I believe they say there is a trade freeze once the protected lists are submitted.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Colorado with another swing and a miss:

Not sure if you can call the Avs attempts at college free agents, swings. More like they walk up to the plate, just stand there taking three strikes, then turn around and walk back to the dugout.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If Comeau is valued more highly than Nieto then there's scarcely any point in bothering. Comeau should be given away free at a bobblehead night or something.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm shocked!!! :amazed: :sarcasm:

Bayreuther should be a good player and would have added some elements the Avs desperately need. Oh well.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Billington "yeah, we were thinking it would be nice for Gavin to sign and join our last place AHL team for the rest of the season."

Billington "well see, what we can offer is everything is up for grabs at camp, Gavin has the opportunity at that point."

Billington "Texas has nice weather, I'm sure better than wherever St Lawrence is. I wouldn't mind living there a couple years myself"

Billington "Joe, we tried. I thought it was a pretty good pitch. We won the Cup 15 years ago, it sells itself!"

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I guess I'm struggling to understand, what you all don't comprehend about unrestricted free agency. Is it the part about how the players have no restrictions on where they want to play? It must be that because I don't know what else you all could not understand about such a simple concept.

The fact is the player can choose whatever they feel like, especially if they have multiple teams making offers.

Ask yourselves, what is the best thing the Avs can physically offer to a college UFA...that would be the opportunity to come play this year and burn a ELC year. That's it, we have nothing else to offer. But guess what Dallas is in the same position as us, so is Buffalo. But guess what they aren't in last freaking place. Has it ever occurred to anyone that UFAs sees this dumpster fire and say to themselves, well that is a terrible situation, I don't want to be anywhere near that. Not saying that Buffalo or Dallas is in much better of a position but at least they aren't in dead freaking last and it looks like they might be on the upswing in the near future. Whereas we look like **** and going nowhere fast.

Next I want you to ask yourselves what is the last college UFA that has made a significant impact on the team they signed with. Vesey is OK at best 24pts as a 22 year old rookie isn't that impressive, Hayes is decent. Dekeyser etc. they all are pretty average.

I guess nothing is ever going to change around here, no matter what Sakic does, everyone is just going to say he is ****. I'm fully prepared to read all the comments about how in the hell did Sakic not sign Shattenkirk, Oshie and Alzner, and how come he didn't trade all our **** vets for draft picks at the draft.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I guess I'm struggling to understand, what you all don't comprehend about unrestricted free agency. Is it the part about how the players have no restrictions on where they want to play? It must be that because I don't know what else you all could not understand about such a simple concept.

The fact is the player can choose whatever they feel like, especially if they have multiple teams making offers.

Ask yourselves, what is the best thing the Avs can physically offer to a college UFA...that would be the opportunity to come play this year and burn a ELC year. That's it, we have nothing else to offer. But guess what Dallas is in the same position as us, so is Buffalo. But guess what they aren't in last freaking place. Has it ever occurred to anyone that UFAs sees this dumpster fire and say to themselves, well that is a terrible situation, I don't want to be anywhere near that. Not saying that Buffalo or Dallas is in much better of a position but at least they aren't in dead freaking last and it looks like they might be on the upswing in the near future. Whereas we look like **** and going nowhere fast.

Next I want you to ask yourselves what is the last college UFA that has made a significant impact on the team they signed with. Vesey is OK at best 24pts as a 22 year old rookie isn't that impressive, Hayes is decent. Dekeyser etc. they all are pretty average.

I guess nothing is ever going to change around here, no matter what Sakic does, everyone is just going to say he is ****. I'm fully prepared to read all the comments about how in the hell did Sakic not sign Shattenkirk, Oshie and Alzner, and how come he didn't trade all our **** vets for draft picks at the draft.

Incredibly accurate. Buffalo and Dallas also have the star pieces we lack, I mean Benn, Seguin, and Eichel are way more appealing than Mack, Duchene, or Rantanen. Also yeah they both suck this year, but they are just doing pretty bleh this year, we are historically bad. No way are we going to be fix this team with any free agent signings, we gotta fix this all on our own through the draft.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Just keep making excuses. Sure everything can be picked apart and squinted at in a certain way to come up with some explanation. But look at where we are, it all adds up and everything is fair game. Becoming one of the worst teams in hockey doesn't happen overnight or for one reason or because of one person. It is a systematic organizational failure. Yeah one dude didn't want to come here and so haven't all the guys before him that we supposedly were in on even when we weren't a raging dumpster fire. Young guys are looking for an opportunity just as much if not more than a good team to join. If I were a guy's agent I'd tell him about their development track record and their tendencies on calling guys up too. It all matters.

I don't think these late bloomer college guys are going to be superstars either but when you lack assets or draft picks it's a way to supplement them and depth in the org.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad