Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Yeah I'm just furious we aren't making any rebuild moves yet. Meloche, Greer, Compher, Bigras, etc....these are all top 3 round guys. They aren't all gonna be hits but you collect enough picks in the top 100 then you start to see a payoff eventually.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
There isn't a rental on this team that is in high enough demand to be a real early trade.

I'm not sure what people were expecting.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Boston's been quiet....maybe Sweeney does fess up and take Landeskog off our hands.

There isn't a rental on this team that is in high enough demand to be a real early trade.

I'm not sure what people were expecting.

I was expecting one or two of them to get moved like a month or two ago. I think they just left it too late, we could've gotten more picks back if they'd been active, I see at most a couple guys going now.

I've seen other teams in our position start moving guys out months earlier not waiting the week of.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Habs are using Galchenyuk on the wing again tonight. Their centre depth right now is Danault, Plekanec, and DD. If Bergevin doesn't add a high end centre within the next 48 hours, after what he did this off-season + signing Julien, I'd fire him right after the deadline were I the owner (obviously not, but that would be it for me personally). He's had years to fix their appalling centre's and he's never managed it, despite making other moves that clearly indicate 'win now'. At some point that has to put his job on the line.

Edit: to add to that, the commentators just said that, with 5 minutes left in the 2nd, Galchenyuk has only played 6 minutes :laugh: Guess two coaches aren't big fans of his now.

Last edited:

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Habs are using Galchenyuk on the wing again tonight. Their centre depth right now is Danault, Plekanec, and DD. If Bergevin doesn't add a high end centre within the next 48 hours, after what he did this off-season + signing Julien, I'd fire him right after the deadline were I the owner (obviously not, but that would be it for me personally). He's had years to fix their appalling centre's and he's never managed it, despite making other moves that clearly indicate 'win now'. At some point that has to put his job on the line.

Edit: to add to that, the commentators just said that, with 5 minutes left in the 2nd, Galchenyuk has only played 6 minutes :laugh: Guess two coaches aren't big fans of his now.

Thats what we call a "soft scratch," trade incoming!!!

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Bergevin's had years to fix his centre problem, Chevaldayoff has had more than half a decade to fix his goaltending, Sakic's had years to get a top pairing dman (albeit that one's tougher to fix).....none of these guys have done it and still have cushy jobs.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Did he sleep with Therrien and Juliens daughters? Holy crap :laugh:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
This Habs team is just pathetically devoid of creativity. What a game to have before the deadline. At this point I'm sure Bergevin would be drooling over Galchenyuk for Duchene, and I'm sure Julien would love Duchene too (assistant for team Canada in past, including 2014 Olympics). The real problem is getting him to add Sergachev too, which was apparently Sakic's ask :laugh:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This Habs team is just pathetically devoid of creativity. What a game to have before the deadline. At this point I'm sure Bergevin would be drooling over Galchenyuk for Duchene, and I'm sure Julien would love Duchene too (assistant for team Canada in past, including 2014 Olympics). The real problem is getting him to add Sergachev too, which was apparently Sakic's ask :laugh:

I'd add to Duchene to get this one done.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm just going to continue saying it until the trade deadline passes but I don't know how Marc Bergevin looks at his roster, looks at his cap situation for the next two seasons, and then looks at who is available this very moment in Matt Duchene and isn't doing everything in his power to get a deal done.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I wouldn't, not a chance. Duchene is the better player in every aspect of the game - and the Avs need defense, and Bergevin has to be desperate.

You really wouldn't add to Duchene to get Galchenyuk + Sergachev? Did you misread the post or..?

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York

Sakic's ask of a top young D, ++ has been increased after Hanzel's trade. Galchenyuk and Sergachev just wont cut it for us. It needs to be 1st overall and another top prospect. Depending on their their age it should be Avs Dutchy 1 vs 4, including a 1st pick or 1 vs 3 if Colorado receives two high end prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad