Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I dunno why you guys keep coveting Galchenyuk so much. He's got skill no doubt but the guy still hasn't been able to pull off being a top six centre well into his career and you can't blame that completely on coaching now (though bad coaching might be responsible for his lack of defensive development). And then getting Jost involved? Sheesh we already have a dumb centre in MacKinnon, I'd rather we get some picks and other safe pieces along with Sergachev then have to add to Duchene to get Serg + Galchenyuk.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Duchene for Sergachev + Desharnais + 2017 first + good forward prospect.

McNab and Haynes can talk about all the points Desharnais put up in the past down the stretch, acting as if he was part of the value coming back.

I think Galchenuk is the next kid in line to get a long term deal he didn't deserve and possibly never will live up to. Skilled but I'm not sure I'd go all in on him as a player.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Another big one going down? Dreger brought up Shattenkirk to the Caps earlier today.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
That's my line of thought as well. Just don't think MB would move Serg and Gally for Duchene + Greer/Compher/Bigras

Your proposal does not make any sense. Trading Dutchy and Compher (who has the potential to be the next captain like material top six or Greer, a top 6 power forward in making for Gally who is great but not better then Dutchy and an unproven Serg who might need at least 2-4 years to develop and might be a question mark. Give us a 1st rounder and another top prospect for Sakic to even look at this trade. Dutchy should by himself fetch a Gally + top prospect or without Gally, a top D man young, ready NHL Dman, +1st, + top prospect.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

Another big one going down? Dreger brought up Shattenkirk to the Caps earlier today.

Hope it's true. Give Bäckström and Ovechkin that cup. Washington are already among the stronger and Shatty could take them over the top.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
No need to make it complicated and then make a $6M/yr commitment to Galchenyuk. Sergachev and other prospects/picks looks good to me.

I keep going back and forth on a Hamonic, Barzal, and 1st package. I like Hamonic but I'm not sure about the fit.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
We are getting frozen out, I can feel it

Well, naturally all of the good rentals were going first? If you're a GM, the last place you go calling is the team offering Bourque and Mitchell. You go bid for the good free agents first and then, if you lose out, you come circling back to teams like the Avs.

Not sure why people are upset by this. The Avs rentals are garbage. If we don't want them - and we don't - why would any other club badly want them?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hope it's true. Give Bäckström and Ovechkin that cup. Washington are already among the stronger and Shatty could take them over the top.

Yup. Makes them better and keeps him away from the Pens and Rangers.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Your proposal does not make any sense. Trading Dutchy and Compher (who has the potential to be the next captain like material top six or Greer, a top 6 power forward in making for Gally who is great but not better then Dutchy and an unproven Serg who might need at least 2-4 years to develop and might be a question mark. Give us a 1st rounder and another top prospect for Sakic to even look at this trade. Dutchy should by himself fetch a Gally + top prospect or without Gally, a top D man young, ready NHL Dman, +1st, + top prospect.

Uh, I didn't make that proposal, I was commenting on what someone else mentioned.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Didn't Sakic flat out use the word "rebuild" in an article posted here within the last two weeks? I'm not nervous about what Sakic wants to do. I'm suspicious nobody else wants any of the rentals the Avs have. It's completely out of Sakic's control, in my view.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't know why teams would want our players and there might not be much of a return but we've been hearing about some level of interest in Iginla, Grigorenko, Bourque, Mitchell, and Martinsen for weeks. All of that was false or no longer true? I don't buy that. There better be moves on Wednesday and I think there will be.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
We still have 36 hours to go. Something will happen.

Although times ticking on Duchene, those types of moves usually happen fairly early in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad