Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
With Friedman still repeating the stuff about a young goalie and the talk of the Islanders being in play for Duchene, could that Sorokin kid be a part of the package? How highly is he valued?

Pretty highly, I think last year he played like 30 games in the KHL and had 1.05GAA or something. Now I'd love to have a prospect like that but goalie prospects should be the last of our worries in a trade for Duchene.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Dorion has zero problems throwing players and teams under the bus to make himself look better.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Is there some chatter about losing one of Picks or Varly or Martin? Whats with all the goalie spec. lately?

It's only from Friedman and for some reason he repeats it every time he talks about the Avs. I guess he got a tip they want a high end D OR goalie prospect. Idk, doesn't seem like a front burner issue. They could use a top prospect but where is he going to play?

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
It's only from Friedman and for some reason he repeats it every time he talks about the Avs. I guess he got a tip they want a high end D OR goalie prospect. Idk, doesn't seem like a front burner issue. They could use a top prospect but where is he going to play?

Thats odd thats it coming from the same dude. Now.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
So there are some probably fake rumors out there that Giroux might be available.

Flyers better not ruin the market for the Avs...

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Duthie: "Is it still fair to say Colorado is asking for the world?"

McKenzie: "Absolutely. As they should be........."

McKenzie added that the Duchene trade might be more likely to happen in the offseason.

Dreger says the Islanders are a team you have to pay close attention to when it comes to Duchene. He suggests Hamonic's name may have to be attached as part of the package but that's just his own speculation.

Lol. I see a recurring theme here Mr. Dreger

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Does Mike Commodore have sources that he's actually using accurately on twitter or is it all for the humor? I know Commie was always a prankster but I know he obviously has connections still in the hockey world.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I looked up Giroux's stats the other day and he's having an almost identical statistical season to MacKinnon. His numbers have gone down in each of the last three seasons.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Does Mike Commodore have sources that he's actually using accurately on twitter or is it all for the humor? I know Commie was always a prankster but I know he obviously has connections still in the hockey world.

He's using the hashtag #packyour****. I don't think he's taking any of it particularly seriously.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Dorion has zero problems throwing players and teams under the bus to make himself look better.

The dude is the Donald Trump of NHL GMs. He gets totally fleeced and immediately goes out bragging about how many people loved it and how great he is.

That front office is clearly in their own little world when it comes to this stuff.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It wouldn't be the first time Giroux's name has popped up this season. Philadelphia might make that move to go full-on youth movement if that's the case while putting the "C" on either Simmonds or Voracek.

However, I think it'd be stupid. Couturier, while a good two-way guy, is never going to be "the guy" and I'm convinced Brayden Schenn is a winger, not a centre.

They'd just be on the endless hunt for a 1C if they moved Giroux.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I looked up Giroux's stats the other day and he's having an almost identical statistical season to MacKinnon. His numbers have gone down in each of the last three seasons.

12 points 5on5.

comeau has 11. in less minutes.

that 12 points has him tied for 308th in 5on5 points with dozens of other players this season.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think Dorion is done now. Why would he otherwise talk up such a minor move?

Most GMs are risk averse. They are so afraid of their better prospects becoming good NHLers that they rather not do anything. Probably killed him to trade Dahlen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad