Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
In January the rumor was that the B's and Avs where talking Landy and Carlo but the Bruins wouldn't part with him. Now all of a sudden the trade has heated back up in the midst of the B's playing there best hockey of the season? No, Sakic swung for Carlo and is now going to settle for less. If it where Carlo or MCAVOY the deal would be done. It's because Sakic is sorting through lesser pieces. I think Avs are gonna hate the return here.

You're right. Cuz if Sakic doesn't trade him by this year's deadline, he walks for free as an UFA.

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011
Of course he'd have some ups and downs but if he's being treated like Z does he then have to do his required year in the AHL too? Or is he top 4 good to go at age 20 in this org? Seems awfully hypocritical for the org to approach things differently.

who knows. maybe they're going to turn a new leaf over on this one. Something that needs to be mentioned here is Sakic has to get quite the haul if he trades both Lando and Duchene. It's going to be a marketing nightmare if he doesn't. Especially if they trade Lando.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Am I the only one that feels everybody needs to take a step back? Don't jump off the cliff until something actually happens.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not sure if this has been posted yet

http://www.businessden.com/2017/02/...=0_e8b1506f0c-7f5dbea2b8-148017233#newsletter

It says Landy just bought a house and MacKinnon did the same in December.

That would really suck for Landeskog.

Of course he'd have some ups and downs but if he's being treated like Z does he then have to do his required year in the AHL too? Or is he top 4 good to go at age 20 in this org? Seems awfully hypocritical for the org to approach things differently.

I don't know if the two are necessarily comparable. They clearly felt Zadorov needed more time last season and probably didn't want to do that development in the NHL when they're desperately trying to make the playoffs. Maybe it's a different view now? I can't really answer that.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Am I the only one that feels everybody needs to take a step back? Don't jump off the cliff until something actually happens.

Considering how fast this thread is already rolling, I think that's a big yes. If this is how this place looks now, I'm not sure I can imagine what it's going to look like if a move happens.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Ugh, don't remind me. I have 3, possibly 4 people (including myself) that want to go to Denver to see them, but Fan Club presales are only good for TWO (2) tickets! WTF is that crap!?

I'm glad I only have myself to buy for and I'm a legacy member so I get the early presale. I'm going to splurge for a vip ticket though.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I swear I just listened to a Dater interview not even two weeks ago (maybe it was a podcast) where he was taking shots at Eklund and his website for spreading BS. Now he has him on his podcast. :laugh:

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

I've done so. I've made it known I'm at peace, and I am also one of the few that is ok with Carlo.

I intend to give Sakic some leeway, at least until July, when the full picture should be available.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'm glad I only have myself to buy for and I'm a legacy member so I get the early presale. I'm going to splurge for a vip ticket though.

Well, I'm unfortunately not a Legacy Member, but I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to get up to 4 tickets (that's if the 4th wants to go). I guess we could try and do 2 purchases (off of 2 different accounts) of the General Admission tickets, but we're getting kind of old and we tend to suffer from joint/muscle pain/cramps when we're standing for that long! :laugh:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

If the people that don't want to trade Duchene take a step back, they'll bump into the people facing the other way that don't want to trade Landy, and push them over the cliff. There's cliff's everywhere.

Imagine if they trade Barrie or EJ. Sheer pandemonium. We're all going over!

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The longer this takes the worse it is for the Av's. I'm starting to think that neither Carlo or Mcavoy are involved and Sakic is at the Bean pot to see someone else. Sakic doesn't need to scout Mcavoy to know he wants him. This is gonba be like a Zboril, JFK and a pick.

Wait why doesn't he need to scout Mcavoy?:laugh:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Button pre-draft on Carlo......

PROJECTION: NO. 3-4 DEFENSIVE DEFENCEMAN

A smooth, mobile defending type defenceman. He can break up the cycle and gain possession for his team. He takes space away from opponents and is a difficult player to break down because of his skating. Has a real steadiness to his play and goes about his tasks in a nondescript manner. Effective moving puck but not considered an offensive contributor.

NHL COMPARABLE: BRAYDON COBURN, TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

http://www.tsn.ca/brandon-carlo-defence-1.294056

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Note to Joe Sakic:

YOU DONT NEED TO TRADE LANDESKOG to have enough assets to do a proper reset.

A D man or two in the return for Duchene, plus Bigras, and possibly Meloche and Mironov on the back end, plus Jost, Greer, Compher, and your 2017 1st (hopefully Patrick or Hischier) and possibly Beaudin and Cam Morrison is plenty to start with.

Add that to MacKinnon, Landy, and Mikko who have finally put together a good top line with chemistry and you have a very different team than the one now. Just do that for ****s sake.

If he's willing to trade Landy it's probably because he wants great top line chemistry, like the kind of chemistry they have in Washington, Chicago, Pittsburgh, San Jose, ect.

Sure, Mack and Landy are able to produce to a certain point, but it's not like they are on fire or anything.

I think Sakic finally realizes that our core players really don't play that well together. We've all seen them, like on a 5-on-3, and they are terrible. Separate entities, that like to do their own thing, and are unable/unwilling to come together and play as a cohesive unit. They all have talents, but they really do not mesh well together.

I really hope he is going for the full rebuild. Starting with Mack, Rantanen, Zadorov, and the packages that we can get for the others. This whole thing needs to be taken apart and rebuilt into something that fits well together.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
At this point I just want it to happen. So much hype, even if it ends up like the ROR trade and takes its time to develop thats fine. I think nuking it for futures and some NHL players isn't the worst idea. I do think the ROR trade will be beneficial in time. Z is making strides. Compher looks like a good get, and Greer just keeps improving. Greg is really the only piece at this point that isn't putting it together, which seems like he was a sweetener anyways. 3/4 making progress in that trade is good to me.

If the Avs can grab Hanifin and Carlo, that certainly buttons up the D a bit. The forward group will mature and grow together in time. Asset wise Mack, Rants, Jost, Greer and Compher is a decent start. Beaudin and a few other prospects could make a jump too, not to mention the top pick this year and whatever other prospects they pick up along the way.

I think Nuking it by trading Duchene, Landeskog, Varly, and Barrie is actually a decent call at this point. Keep EJ around as a back bone to help the kids grow and then hopefully by the time he's nearing the end of his contract they're contending. Trying to be positive here, but I think with the right moves, and a fresh start at the core they can do the rebuild right.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Like it really matters, but here is my scouting report on him from years ago...

Midterm
07. Brandon Carlo, D [Tri-City Americans] (09)
What Has Changed? Carlo gets a tiny bump up from the winter list and has really shined his defensive game aspects in the WHL. Carlo is a great sized defenseman for the pros who brings a lot fine qualities to the table. He is VERY physical in front of his net, decent skater for size, and takes this nastiness into the defensive corners. I think he is calm with the puck defensively and is good at breakout passing, but currently doesn’t have the puck skills anywhere else. The effort is there to get into plays and contribute on the offensive side, but just doesn’t have the offensive instincts or puck skills to get better offensive numbers. There is a chance it is hidden and with more experience and refining his game this offseason, he can improve, but now, I see him as a shutdown defensive defenseman than a two-way. With all this said, I still believe he is worth the gamble, even if the offense never develops.
Potential NHL Draft Placement: 17th to 25th
Draft Placement for Me: 25th to 30th

Final
08. Brandon Carlo, D [Tri-City Americans] (07)
What You Will Like: Carlo is a breathtaking skater for his size. Really wants to rush the puck up the ice and has the desire to play a more two-way game. As a big man at times he shows some good stickhandling as well. Additionally to this, he has a heavy shot, good first pass, and great gap control. Good in the defensive corners, reads the play at a fairly high level, and has a pretty solid defensive stick.
What He Needs to Improve On: Even though he has some underrated stickhandling, he doesn’t have amazing puck skills; sometimes he bobbles simple plays. Furthermore, Carlo gets in trouble when he tries to play a complex game; he needs to play to his strengths and in his comfortable zone. Next, his shot, though heavy, could use some accuracy work. Lastly, even with his desire to play an offensive game, he is still very raw in this aspect. There is a chance he might never develop an offensive skill set, but I will say this…if he does, he will be a force.
Potential: Top 4 defensive defenseman [w/ perhaps some offensive potential]
Comparison: Jay Bouwmeester

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If you want some serious LUL'z, there's a Bruins fan who thinks Jonathan Drouin could be had without even giving up a top prospect.

I think it's basically a given at this point, Landeskog, EJ, and Drouin will all be Boston Bruins by tomorrow and so will Carlo, McAvoy, and every other great Bruins prospect. They will give up a 2nd round pick for Drouin and give up Spooner + Hayes for Landeskog + EJ.

They will then re-hire Claude Julien.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad