Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
While I'd prefer other defensemen over him, I don't think Carlo is as bad as some people here are making him sound. He has issues and has had some rough games but I think he has the potential to be pretty good.

Having said that, there better be some other good stuff coming with him. If he's the main piece then I look at it like another O'Reilly deal.

I dont think he's bad but he's not the proven NHL player that he's perceived to be. I don't think he's shown a greater talent level than a high second round pick just because he's in the NHL right now. It would be like if we kept Greer up all year and then started acting like he's on par with Drouin or Keller. I don't have an issue with him per se, I have an issue with his value.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Landy does not have injury issues. He's missed 30 games over his 6 year career and that includes suspensions. He's had 2 seasons of 82 games, 81 and 75 last year which I think was mostly due to suspensions.

But he has played injured.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
While I'd prefer other defensemen over him, I don't think Carlo is as bad as some people here are making him sound. He has issues and has had some rough games but I think he has the potential to be pretty good.

Having said that, there better be some other good stuff coming with him. If he's the main piece then I look at it like another O'Reilly deal.

I don't think he's bad but he's not nearly as good as Bruins fans make him out to be. At his very best, I think he becomes a #2 but I think there's a very, very slim chance he even reaches that due to how limited he is offensively.

I'd rather take a chance at hitting it out of the park with McAvoy and get back less assets than take a Carlo deal with more assets. Unless the Bruins are willing to do something absolutely stupid like offer Carlo + Senyshen + Zboril + 1st or something, then yeah take that package but that's not realistic.

robinsonp16

Jan 12, 2017
The longer this takes the worse it is for the Av's. I'm starting to think that neither Carlo or Mcavoy are involved and Sakic is at the Bean pot to see someone else. Sakic doesn't need to scout Mcavoy to know he wants him. This is gonba be like a Zboril, JFK and a pick.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Why would landeskog get the same type of return as O'Reilly? He's younger, signed for 4 years and s better deal than ROR was going to get. Trading him for a similar package would be a mistake. The only advantage the Avs had with ROR was Murray really wanted him. Landeskog should be, in a vacuum, worth more than ROR imo.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
The longer this takes the worse it is for the Av's. I'm starting to think that neither Carlo or Mcavoy are involved and Sakic is at the Bean pot to see someone else. Sakic doesn't need to scout Mcavoy to know he wants him. This is gonba be like a Zboril, JFK and a pick.

Sure thing. Please explain how it taking longer is worse for the avs.

We have no deadline. We're last place with a guys who's signed for 4 more years.

Seems to me your GM is the more desperate one as it's more likely he's still pushing for playoffs.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Sweeney is a lot more desperate at this point than Sakic is.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I dont think he's bad but he's not the proven NHL player that he's perceived to be. I don't think he's shown a greater talent level than a high second round pick just because he's in the NHL right now. It would be like if we kept Greer up all year and then started acting like he's on par with Drouin or Keller. I don't have an issue with him per se, I have an issue with his value.

I get that but we know defensemen are usually overvalued. Also, while he might not be playing great every night, I think he has more than held his own in most of the games I've seen. I mean, how are we going to praise Zadorov for every little thing and chalk up his mistakes to age/inexperience and then undersell a younger and less experienced guy who may not be too far behind?

robinsonp16

Jan 12, 2017
In January the rumor was that the B's and Avs where talking Landy and Carlo but the Bruins wouldn't part with him. Now all of a sudden the trade has heated back up in the midst of the B's playing there best hockey of the season? No, Sakic swung for Carlo and is now going to settle for less. If it where Carlo or MCAVOY the deal would be done. It's because Sakic is sorting through lesser pieces. I think Avs are gonna hate the return here.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
In January the rumor was that the B's and Avs where talking Landy and Carlo but the Bruins wouldn't part with him. Now all of a sudden the trade has heated back up in the midst of the B's playing there best hockey of the season? No, Sakic swung for Carlo and is now going to settle for less. If it where Carlo or MCAVOY the deal would be done. It's because Sakic is sorting through lesser pieces. I think Avs are gonna hate the return here.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

And the Avs would be suddenly in a rush to trade a player with 4 years left on his contract because...

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009

Again, sure thing.

Except even your own people are suggesting is Carlo.

And yes, Sweeney is probably all h0r*y about how the Bs are playing and is looking for extra push to the playoffs. That's why it's rumoured that the avs would add a dman to the trade. Because it would replace Carlo.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't think he's bad but he's not nearly as good as Bruins fans make him out to be. At his very best, I think he becomes a #2 but I think there's a very, very slim chance he even reaches that due to how limited he is offensively.

I'd rather take a chance at hitting it out of the park with McAvoy and get back less assets than take a Carlo deal with more assets. Unless the Bruins are willing to do something absolutely stupid like offer Carlo + Senyshen + Zboril + 1st or something, then yeah take that package but that's not realistic.

I don't disagree with any of that and I'd rather have McAvoy as well. Same with someone like Sergachev.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I get that but we know defensemen are usually overvalued. Also, while he might not be playing great every night, I think he has more than held his own in most of the games I've seen. I mean, how are we going to praise Zadorov for every little thing and chalk up his mistakes to age/inexperience and then undersell a younger and less experienced guy who may not be too far behind?

Of course he'd have some ups and downs but if he's being treated like Z does he then have to do his required year in the AHL too? Or is he top 4 good to go at age 20 in this org? Seems awfully hypocritical for the org to approach things differently.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Well I hear that trade a coming,
It's a rollin' round the bend...

cash.gif

(song lyrics posted especially for you, Ex-Tex)

And I aint seen the Avs win since, I don't know when.

Bye, bye this here Landeskog guy
Sakic did some swappin', now in Boston, our eyes ain't dry
And them Avalanche boys are lookin' up to the sky
Singin' which of us will go now, One-Nine?
Which of us will go now, One-Nine?

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

???

I don't get it. What is Bruins have made McAvoy available. Or what if secondary pieces have opened up. Or what if simply they are at the point where they can make the deal cap wise?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Note to Joe Sakic:

YOU DONT NEED TO TRADE LANDESKOG to have enough assets to do a proper reset.

A D man or two in the return for Duchene, plus Bigras, and possibly Meloche and Mironov on the back end, plus Jost, Greer, Compher, and your 2017 1st (hopefully Patrick or Hischier) and possibly Beaudin and Cam Morrison is plenty to start with.

Add that to MacKinnon, Landy, and Mikko who have finally put together a good top line with chemistry and you have a very different team than the one now. Just do that for ****s sake.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
First Metallica releases us tour dates for the first time in like 8 years and now we may see our first trade, what a day.

Ugh, don't remind me. I have 3, possibly 4 people (including myself) that want to go to Denver to see them, but Fan Club presales are only good for TWO (2) tickets! WTF is that crap!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad