Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
What would happen in a parallel world where we draft McAvoy instead of Jost?

I'd be pretty disappointed. I think Jost will be an important cog in turning things around. He is like Toews light. We need a hard working, smart player, that hates to lose. It's like the exact attitude we are missing around here. Maybe it will rub off on some of the other guys around here, when he gets to town.

He is honestly the first player we've had in our organization since Forsberg/Sakic that just can't accept losing. Everything you hear and read about Jost is how he doesn't care about stats he just wants to win and will do whatever it takes to do that. We don't have anyone on the current roster that thinks like that. It's kind of refreshing.

I don't think Jost will be the savior or anything but I do think his attitude will help others around here.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Quick poll: will you be disappointed if at least one of Duchene or Landeskog is not traded by the trade deadline?

Basically ignore potential returns. Just know it could be good or it could be bad.

Indifferent. On one hand I think the team can win with them, given they had a much better supporting cast.

On the other, Colorado is the worst team the NHL has seen in the last decade, and these guys are partially to blame.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I would be happy to see Landeskog still here. Him, MacKinnon, and EJ need to be the complete and total leaders of the club.

I would be disappointed that no GM gave up what Sakic was asking for Duchene. The Avs so badly need to get a good defenceman for him.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Quick poll: will you be disappointed if at least one of Duchene or Landeskog is not traded by the trade deadline?

Basically ignore potential returns. Just know it could be good or it could be bad.

No. I don't like the idea of trading either one but it's clear the Avs finally have to address the hole on defense and I can't see a way of filling that without trading at least one of them.

The salary cap just makes things too complicated right now. In the off-season the Avs will have more options. Preferably I'd like to see the draft order before deciding who to move.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
LOL...a first and a good player for Jannik Hansen is what the media (Ferraro) thinks is fair. Duchene better land a freaking gold mine if dealt.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
LOL...a first and a good player for Jannik Hansen is what the media (Ferraro) thinks is fair. Duchene better land a freaking gold mine if dealt.

Ferraro is an idiot, who hates the Avs. He stated the price for Duchene/Landy shouldn't be that high but then says this kind of garbage.

There is no way Hansen who is 30, has only 1 year remaining until UFA and has a career high of 39 points is worth a 1st and a good player/prospect. Maybe one or the other, but no way both.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
Ferraro is an idiot, who hates the Avs. He stated the price for Duchene/Landy shouldn't be that high but then says this kind of garbage.

There is no way Hansen who is 30, has only 1 year remaining until UFA and has a career high of 39 points is worth a 1st and a good player/prospect. Maybe one or the other, but no way both.

I hope he gets traded for the 1st/goodplayer, then that only means that Sakic should be asking for even more than he currently is lol

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

sellers market.

out east, in point %, tampa is the 2nd worst team. they are 6 points out of last WC spot. and 8 out of last atlantic PO-spot, with 2 games in hand.

west is little bit more clear, but even the 3rd worst team in dallas is 7 points out of PO-spot.

some of those teams might sell but there is basically only one team that can have a fire sale and sell a piece like duchene for futures.

now we just hope that someone gets desperate enough.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
sellers market.

out east, in point %, tampa is the 2nd worst team. they are 6 points out of last WC spot. and 8 out of last atlantic PO-spot, with 2 games in hand.

west is little bit more clear, but even the 3rd worst team in dallas is 7 points out of PO-spot.

some of those teams might sell but there is basically only one team that can have a fire sale and sell a piece like duchene for futures.

now we just hope that someone gets desperate enough.

Even in a sellers market, there is no way a 30 year old, who has never broken 40pts in a season is worth a first+ good player/prospect.

If that is the selling point on that player what does a 65+pts caliber 26 year old, with 2.5 years remaining on his deal fetch? Duchene should be worth at minimum 2 top end prospects, a good roster player and a 1st. And honestly IMO that is way too much for Duchene.

My point is even in a sellers market, you're not just going rob people blind.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
If Duchene does get traded to MTL, and Serg is the return, I'd love to flip Barrie for a forward we can protect, and sign Shattenkirk.

Would Barrie for Palat work, assuming we could re-sign him.

Palat - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Hischier/Patrick - Jost
Greer - Soderberg - Compher

Zads - EJ
Serg - Shattenkirk
Bigras - Barbs

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA

I see Vancouver fans making the case that Hansen's extra year of contract (non-UFA) status makes him more valuable but then in every Duchene-related thread I read fans of every team basically saying with 2 1/2 years left, Duchene is basically an UFA and that hurts his value. The irony.

It's almost like fan rationale is "I'd rather pay $250 for a cheap suit I'll only probably wear a couple times rather than just pony up $500 for a much better suit that will last and that actually makes me look good".

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
If Duchene does get traded to MTL, and Serg is the return, I'd love to flip Barrie for a forward we can protect, and sign Shattenkirk.

Would Barrie for Palat work, assuming we could re-sign him.

Palat - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Hischier/Patrick - Jost
Greer - Soderberg - Compher

Zads - EJ
Serg - Shattenkirk
Bigras - Barbs

People need to get the idea of Shattenkirk signing here our of their minds. He wants to play on a big market team that is in win now mode.

We could offer him 2M+ more than any other team and he still probably wouldn't sign here.

I honestly can't see any big time UFA wanting to come to Denver after the dumpster fire season we are having. Good UFAs typically want to win, and we can't offer that at the moment. We're going to have to build from within and start winning before big time UFAs will start considering Denver again.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I see Vancouver fans making the case that Hansen's extra year of contract (non-UFA) status makes him more valuable but then in every Duchene-related thread I read fans of every team basically saying with 2 1/2 years left, Duchene is basically an UFA and that hurts his value. The irony.

It's almost like fan rationale is "I'd rather pay $250 for a cheap suit I'll only probably wear a couple times rather than just pony up $500 for a much better suit that will last and that actually makes me look good".

This is so true. Typically there is a reason why some things are more expensive than others. And that is usually because they are better quality.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
It's almost hilarious trying to read between the lines with all this stuff in the last 24 hours.

Bergevin wants Duchene but he doesn't want to pay Sakic's price, so he goes out and tells Sakic, through the media, that he's not trading Sergachev, which is negotiation 101.

Sakic coincidentally breaks his silence the very same day, pretty muching saying they're in no rush and he'll get what he wants if they're to make a trade.

All the pressure here is on Bergevin and I'm loving it. I'm not going to lie, it would be fun watching Bergevin squander his teams contention window because he's too cheap to go all in :laugh: I can hear Weber aging from all the way here in California.

For the record, I hope we leave Duchene in Carolina after the game on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad