Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2017-18 Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Balthazar said:
Ridiculous. Murray isn't Siemens, he's better than Zadorov and only 6 months older.
Just catching up on last thread, but your math is pretty off here. Murray is 1.5 years older than Z, not 6 months.

If the Avs like Murray, than that's fine, but the other pieces in the deal need to really make up for it. Injuries stunted a lot of his development in the most crucial years of his career.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I'm starting to get angry to Sakic. Duchene is my favourite player and a big reason I became as huge fan of the Avs as I am today. But he needs to be gone. Do the deal and be done with it.

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
I'm starting to get angry to Sakic. Duchene is my favourite player and a big reason I became as huge fan of the Avs as I am today. But he needs to be gone. Do the deal and be done with it.

I don't agree. There is no "must" in it. Duchene said he is OK with either being traded or stay with the team. Trade him when return is really good. I agree with Dater article on BSN. jackets waited for good deal for Nash and they got it: Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Tim Erixon and the Rangers’ first-round pick in 2013. For Anisimov they got Saad, for Saad they got Panarin.

I want similar deal for Duchene. I'm ok with Murray+ Dubois+1st as was rumored or Carlsson instead of Murray even better if it's +Carlsson.

Would you be happy for some crappy or at best so-so return? I wouldn't.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think getting Marleau was Babcock's idea but an idea that's attractive to an old school brain like Lamoriello's.

Babcock loves his veterans and he had Marleau in Team Canada.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Pat is a good player, but he showed serious signs of slowing down last season, if his legs go out (and he heavily depends on his speed) he will be an anchor.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Just catching up on last thread, but your math is pretty off here. Murray is 1.5 years older than Z, not 6 months.

If the Avs like Murray, than that's fine, but the other pieces in the deal need to really make up for it. Injuries stunted a lot of his development in the most crucial years of his career.

Also, not sure I agree he is better than Zads.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Dater says Avs aren't trading Barrie. Don't know if that's fact or speculation but hopefully it's true. Would make sense if the only reason his name was out there was because the Avs were planning on adding Shatty and once that didn't happen it changed.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Duchene isn't getting traded.
Sakic is afraid to trade him.
Mopey Matt will be on this team all year, further lowering his value.
He'll walk for free when his contract ends.

------------

There we go.
It's on the front page where everyone can see it.
Maybe now it doesn't need to be posted on every page, every day.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

------------

There we go.

Thank you Bubba. Buncha depressing parrots around here.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
I think the team does a bit better this year and Duchene decides he is enamored with the new jerseys and doesn't mind Colorado after all.

One thing's for sure, there is no way the Avs do worse than last year :baghead:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Pat is a good player, but he showed serious signs of slowing down last season, if his legs go out (and he heavily depends on his speed) he will be an anchor.

It's definitely a contract that's paying for past, rather than future, performance. I'm not sure I would have been happy paying him $6m last season. I have a feeling they're going to get Iginla'ed with that one. But it is only three years, and a team like Toronto can always trade him for a guy headed to the LTIR.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I don't agree. There is no "must" in it. Duchene said he is OK with either being traded or stay with the team. Trade him when return is really good. I agree with Dater article on BSN. jackets waited for good deal for Nash and they got it: Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Tim Erixon and the Rangers� first-round pick in 2013. For Anisimov they got Saad, for Saad they got Panarin.

I want similar deal for Duchene. I'm ok with Murray+ Dubois+1st as was rumored or Carlsson instead of Murray even better if it's +Carlsson.

Murray/Carlsson + PLD + 1st is a fair offer. And contrary to popular opinion, if that means keeping Duchene because other teams aren't willing to pony up then so be it regardless of all the grief being showered on Sakic by hockey pundits, other team's fans and the ones here.

While I'm a Duchene fan, it wouldn't matter who in the Avs organization it is. The Avs should NEVER undersell their assets, especially given all the previous posts about asset management.

Very few posters if any discuss Duchene's value when it comes to face-offs and his ability to draw penalties much less the fact that he's a center and hasn't had the right linemates to gel with. For many, it's too narrow a focus on points and where he is compared to a couple of years ago. Compare that with Landeskog's history of injuries and taking penalties at the most inopportune moments in games.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

------------

There we go.

Do you think he can hit 35 points? I'm wondering if they should put Wilson as #2 c.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I don't agree. There is no "must" in it. Duchene said he is OK with either being traded or stay with the team. Trade him when return is really good. I agree with Dater article on BSN. jackets waited for good deal for Nash and they got it: Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Tim Erixon and the Rangers� first-round pick in 2013. For Anisimov they got Saad, for Saad they got Panarin.

When current teammates are saying it's best for both parties to move on then it's really time to move on. Duchene "must" go.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
People seem to forget that while Duchene has publicly stated he's okay moving on, he hasn't put in a formal trade request.

I still say the best move is to keep him and work it out, but either way this needs to end and soon.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
People seem to forget that while Duchene has publicly stated he's okay moving on, he hasn't put in a formal trade request.

I still say the best move is to keep him and work it out, but either way this needs to end and soon.

It isn't often that those things get out in public, but with Brisson is working the floor... I think it is safe to say what Duchene wants is pretty clear to teams.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Yeah let's trade Duchene and be done with it...then we can all come back in here in a few months and complain that Sakic sold him for too cheap, he got taken to the cleaners, he is a terrible GM for taken less than he was worth and on and on and on.

Listen. I would prefer Duchene gone like everybody here but in no way Sakic can just "trade him and be done with it". He cannot screw this up. We don't even know what offers he has refused lately. The OTT deal was before Chabot broke out and Zib was nothing special at the time. It was not worth Duchene at the time. For those who say that we need to trade for a dman before he gets established remember that Chabot could have become a Pouliout. Jones could have become a Murray (which is a dman a lot of you don't want as a centerpiece), even Hanifin could have busted or might not get better than he is right now.

Sakic needs to stand strong and screw the other GMs and their media pressure. Duchene is a pro and he knows that if he wants to be traded the best way for that to happen is for him to get his head straight and get back to his level of play so that Sakic can get what is fair for him. With that being said I do agree that he should start looking at other packages that don't include the dman he wants and then, just like this year's draft, build that D from the draft. IMO our D is looking pretty good for the future. Just keep drafting some high to make sure it becomes a strenght and hopefully one of them becomes that #1/top-pair we are looking for.

But he cannot "trade him and be done with it".

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

He's had his agent doing legwork for a trade. He's not going to put out a public trade request. If Sakic is able to get it to a point where Brisson puts out a formal trade request, he has messed up beyond belief.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
When current teammates are saying it's best for both parties to move on then it's really time to move on. Duchene "must" go.

You can't seriously be putting that much weight behind what a kid who is barely an NHL player, and had been in that locker room all of a couple of months is saying? You also clearly don't know that Ghetto had a habit of running his mouth in Montreal as well. Beyond that it's also someone who has English as a second language. Or maybe you do realize this stuff, but who cares right? It fits your narrative.

Duchene is not the first player to deal with this kind of thing. Chances are he moves on, but it's not unheard of for the team and player to move forward. The media and the fans are making more of this than any of the people actually experiencing it.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
You can't seriously be putting that much weight behind what a kid who is barely an NHL player, and had been in that locker room all of a couple of months is saying? You also clearly don't know that Ghetto had a habit of running his mouth in Montreal as well. Beyond that it's also someone who has English as a second language. Or maybe you do realize this stuff, but who cares right? It fits your narrative.

Duchene is not the first player to deal with this kind of thing. Chances are he moves on, but it's not unheard of for the team and player to move forward. The media and the fans are making more of this than any of the people actually experiencing it.

Ghetto? It was Barberio who commented on Duchene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad