Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2017-18 Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
You surely determine the value of your house for yourself. If the market price is below your perceived value you don't sell.

The perceived Value of a good depends on the user.

For Duchene we are just witnessing a disconnect in value between the various potential users. For now there seems to be no bargaining range.

If you have no reason to sell, sure, ask whatever you want.

I get that, but if the market isn't there, would you sell a house for half the price it's worth just because you want a change? If someone would want to buy your place and offer half the price you have in mind, would you do it? Because you'd get left by your wife and kids, lose custody, lose your dog and cat, and be in an apartment all by yourself, watching the Avs which doesn't add much value to your situation.

I don't see how this applies because there appears to be a good market for Duchene. Good market = fair offers.

And at this point it sure seems to be more to it that just wanting a change. Duchene is more like the house you must sell by a certain date.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
At this juncture I'll take Maata if he's available. Pair him with Barrie
Way better than what we have now

I'd rather have the Islanders picks or Fiala+Kamenev...hell I'd rather have Murray than Maata, even without Bjorstrand or PLD coming over for Bigras + Morrison as well.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Eww Maata. I'd rather trade with the Rangers or the Kings than with Pittsburgh. There's absolutely nothing interesting for us over there. I sure hope we won't pay the "he won the stanley cup twice" premium on any of their journeymen.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I'd rather have the Islanders picks or Fiala+Kamenev...hell I'd rather have Murray than Maata, even without Bjorstrand or PLD coming over for Bigras + Morrison as well.

Understandable but I'd doubt we get anything of significant value added to Murray just because of the way CLB views him imo
They probably say hey he's a young D , that's the main piece.
If we can get a good preds pkg then sure but again I highly doubt it

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The Canes have leverage. He's technically their best dman but they have so much depth there. We have little leverage over Zadorov, he knows we need him badly.

Slavin also is a very humble and religious person. Listening to the press conference, he mentioned how involved he was in the church in Raleigh, involved in the community, how they had become family to him, and how important it was to know he was going to be there for 8 more years. I'm not saying he took a discount, but also don't think he was trying to squeeze every penny out of the Canes because he wanted to be there for a long time.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Slavin also is a very humble and religious person. Listening to the press conference, he mentioned how involved he was in the church in Raleigh, involved in the community, how they had become family to him, and how important it was to know he was going to be there for 8 more years. I'm not saying he took a discount, but also don't think he was trying to squeeze every penny out of the Canes because he wanted to be there for a long time.

Good for him but that's not exactly the most stable team out there. I'll be surprised if the Canes are still in Carolina in 8 years.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Good for him but that's not exactly the most stable team out there. I'll be surprised if the Canes are still in Carolina in 8 years.

Meh, I'm sure he and other players aren't Chicken Littles like many HF fans are. He mentioned it as part of his reasoning and I have no reason not to take him at his word.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Does it REALLY matter what's on the team next year? I know we hope to be above humiliation level but otherwise?

If Duchene is starting the year with the AVS that means that it doesn't even matter for the FO who's there or how the players feel. They clearly don't care.

PS: We need a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad