Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If all the Avs are getting offered are these lower tier D men, then I'm still rooting for them to find a way to trade Barrie to Dallas for #3, if Nico and Nolan go #1/2.

Then take Heiskanen and Makar. Now you don't have to worry about the price of defenseman anymore. Trade Duchene for a package deal, preferably around a big center prospect.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think the best that Nashville could reasonably offer would be Fabbro + Kamanev/Sissons + 2017 1st + 2018 1st. That is 4 pieces for one.

The Avs would then have a young D-man with Top 4 potential along with a young center and then 2 more 1st rounders to find good talent to develop.

Yeah, can't imagine the Preds would do that. Who knows though. Can we leave Fabbro in your development system for another year or two? lol

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I think the best that Nashville could reasonably offer would be Fabbro + Kamanev/Sissons + 2017 1st + 2018 1st. That is 4 pieces for one.

The Avs would then have a young D-man with Top 4 potential along with a young center and then 2 more 1st rounders to find good talent to develop.

Would not do that personally.

Your 1sts are just too late and Fabbro as a RHD not a very good fit...

Add that we are in the division and that IMO is a deal that should get your GM fired if these prospects don't completely become what one would hope.

Don't get me wrong. Fabbro and Kamenev are nice pieces but not exactly blue chip prospects...

And I expect you guys to pick in the 28-32 range next year again. Especially if you acquire Duchene for futures only...

2 very, very, very late 1st rounders + Fabbro + Kamenev won't cut it for me. Especially inside the division...

We will see what Sakic does...

His options seems to be rather limited (his own fault IMO). I also really don't think that he has the balls to do futures only for Duchene and certainly not in the division...

It is nice that everyone and their mother seems to want to acquire Duchene but no one seems to want to give up anything nice (roster piece or bluechip prospect) for him according to the rumors...

We will see how it will turn out but if these rumors and the general hfboards narrative on Duchenes value is right, I think Sakic will keep him (for better or worse).

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I really don't think Sakic will or even can settle for a future only package.

People would rip him to shreds next season when Duchene is lighting it up in Carolina or especially Nashville while the prospects he got in return are not NHL ready (like Zads was back when he came here) or are not progressing as we wanted them to...

People who actually understand what a futures trade is about(You know, the future) wouldn't be ripping him to shreds at all. In fact quite the contrary.

Nobody was ripping him to shreds for the Zadorov trade. Everyone knew it was going to take a number of years for the Avs to see the benefits of the trade(Which we are really starting to see now with Compher/Zadorov) and it would be the same thing with the Duchene trade.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Would take that and run if I was the Avs.

I dont think 2 1sts is necessary. I do think another piece would need to be added to the first 3, but another 1st might be too much.

I think Fabbro + Kamenev + #30 + 2018 2nd would be fair. Either that or Fabbro + Kamenev + #30 + 2018 1st for Duchene + 2018 3rd.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
People who actually understand what a futures trade is about(You know, the future) wouldn't be ripping him to shreds at all. In fact quite the contrary.

Nobody was ripping him to shreds for the Zadorov trade. Everyone knew it was going to take a number of years for the Avs to see the benefits of the trade(Which we are really starting to see now with Compher/Zadorov) and it would be the same thing with the Duchene trade.

?

Have you seen or read what the general consensus on the ROR trade is right now?
What the "nationwide" media is thinking about that deal?

I highly doubt that Sakic will do futures only again. That is why I am always scared about these NYI rumors because I really don't think that Sakic is willing to gamble on futures only...

I am 85 % certain that he really wants a decent roster player in return in any deal because he has to sell this deal to the casual fan and he won't be able to if Duchene is ripping it up on another team next season while the Avs are a dumpsterfire once again..

Especially given that we probably won't even get a bluechip prospect in return that could be hyped up enough to lessen the blow of having to watch Duchene rip it up for someone else like ROR did...

I am a futures guy myself and have been on the proper rebuild train for years but these last few pages are once again proof of how overrated picks and prospects are on hfboards...

Quality >>> Quantity in real life...

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
?

I highly doubt that Sakic will do futures only again. That is why I am always scared about these NYI rumors because I really don't think that Sakic is willing to gamble on futures only...

I am 85 % certain that he really wants a decent roster player in return in any deal because he has to sell this deal to the casual fan and he won't be able to if Duchene is ripping it up on another team next season while the Avs are a dumpsterfire once again..

Especially given that we probably won't even get a bluechip prospect in return that could be hyped up enough to lessen the blow of having to watch Duchene rip it up for someone else like ROR did...

No and why would I or anyone else care?

That might be one of the funniest things I've read on here over the last week.

We know what's going on here and we know the development we've seen out of Compher/Greer/Zadorov since that trade. Why give a **** about what the media thinks? It's pretty well established they dont want or follow Colorado at all(And why would they).

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

We know what's going on here and we know the development we've seen out of Compher/Greer/Zadorov since that trade. Why give a **** about what the media thinks? It's pretty well established they dont want or follow Colorado at all(And why would they).

Hey now here's a guy who actually gets it

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

How is that funny?

What do you think Sakic cares more about? Your and a few others opinion on hfboards or the general consenus in the hockey world and media as well as the general perception of the casual Avs fans?

I will give you one guess.

I mean I personally would be perfectly ok with futures only as long as the quality is good enough but I highly doubt that Sakic will be. He needs to sell this to the world and his fanbase as well not only to a few hard core fans on the internet that like to talk prospects...

Looks like Radulov will be going to Vegas...

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
?

I am a futures guy myself and have been on the proper rebuild train for years but these last few pages are once again proof of how overrated picks and prospects are on hfboards...

Quality >>> Quantity in real life...

People are going to be pissed if Duchene tears it up elsewhere and the top piece we get back is a decent roster player.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011

Duchene is more than just a player, he is a marketing asset for the team (FOTF)
Sakic probably doesn't have all the say when it comes to moving an asset like this

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
People are going to be pissed if Duchene tears it up elsewhere and the top piece we get back is a decent roster player.

Not as pissed as they will be if Duchene tears it up while the best piece we get in return is putting up decent numbers in the AHL while they get to watch Soderberg as our #2 Center...

Most fans don't care about prospects all that much.

And the hockey media will rip him to shreds for trading a player like Duchene for prospects that aren't even that great and still are a year or two away from even making the show...

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Duchene is more than just a player, he is a marketing asset for the team (FOTF)
Sakic probably doesn't have all the say when it comes to moving an asset like this

Who is Duchene a marketing asset for? What ever pharmaceutical company makes Prozac?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I get not wanting 4 quarters for a dollar sort of thing but moving Duchene is our only shot at getting assets for this supposed "rebuild" that everyone thinks we are in the midst of. So pretty much Sakic has to get a roster player good enough to say "hey here's the guy we traded the face of our franchise for" but he also has to use this as his best chance to do something for the future.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I get not wanting 4 quarters for a dollar sort of thing but moving Duchene is our only shot at getting assets for this supposed "rebuild" that everyone thinks we are in the midst of. So pretty much Sakic has to get a roster player good enough to say "hey here's the guy we traded the face of our franchise for" but he has to use this as his best chance to do something for the future.

Yeah.

IMO he needs a young roster D or atleast a bluechip prospect (which Fabbro or Bean are not) in return that he can point to that can be sold as the future solution to our defensive problems...
He needs something he can point to right now and something he can sell on being a huge piece of our future...

If he can't get that, he will have failed.

If he trades him for 2 late 1sts and 2 B+ prospects, he better hopes that he is very lucky and that we strike gold with these picks (which is not likely)...

Because odds are that he will look like a big fool pretty soon if Duchene even remotely gets back to what he once was...

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
What do you think Sakic cares more about? Your and a few others opinion on hfboards or the general consenus in the hockey world and media as well as the general perception of the casual Avs fans?

Ideally, he cares about neither.

And casual Avs fans are the ****ing worst. Go check them out on twitter or facebook sometime. The intelligence level of the comments there make this board look like the council of Ricks by comparison.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah.

IMO he needs a young roster D or atleast a bluechip prospect (which Fabbro or Bean are not) in return that he can point to that can be sold as the future solution to our defensive problems...
He needs something he can point to right now and something he can sell on being a huge piece of our future...

If he can't get that, he will have failed.

If he trades him for 2 late 1sts and 2 B+ prospects, he better hopes that he is very lucky and that we strike gold with these picks (which is not likely)...

Because odds are that he will look like a big fool pretty soon if Duchene even remotely gets back to what he once was...

I actually think the supposed Isles package satisfies that with a real top 4 D that people can SEE on the ice next year, a top prospect and one other asset for the future. I would do that instead of holding our for maybe a slightly better D which may or may not happen and might come with fewer futures.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
Who is Duchene a marketing asset for? What ever pharmaceutical company makes Prozac?

90% of the people that fill the Can that don't have the visitor's sweater on..... so yeah, a small minority
but more valuable in that regard than anyone else currently on the team

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

And casual Avs fans are the ****ing worst. Go check them out on twitter or facebook sometime. The intelligence level of the comments there make this board look like the council of Ricks by comparison.

Yeah but that is not how that works...

I mean if you trade a fan favorite like Duchene for a bunch of late 1sts and prospects 90 % of the people have never heard of won't go over well..

For that to not get you fired, those pieces better make you look good pretty soon...

And given that you did not even get bluechip prospects and that the success rate of these non-bluechip prospects and late 1sts is pretty bad, odds are that those deals won't make you look good to anyone now or in the future...

If I am Sakic the GM right now, I don't pull the trigger on deals like that if I want to keep my job...

@ TV:

Exactly. That is why I could see that Isles deal happen and still can. You can get a guy like Hamonic that casuals have heard of and a shiny prospect in Barzal that is also rather known around the league and can be sold as part of the future. That makes sense from a GM POV.

The offers on the last few pages mostly do not.
I think that people on the last pages have gone overboard with what they are willing to accept just to make it happen and get it over with..

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

Lmao especially lately. Even some of the most intelligent fans have lost their marbles and have started talking the crazy talk.

Sakic managed the RoR situation perfectly and that was much more difficult than Duchene. He'll do fine.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I actually think the supposed Isles package satisfies that with a real top 4 D that people can SEE on the ice next year, a top prospect and one other asset for the future. I would do that instead of holding our for maybe a slightly better D which may or may not happen and might come with fewer futures.

Which supposed Isles package? Because the only interesting one went down the drain when they traded their 1st to Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad