Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
The first rounder thing for CBJ and NYI isn't a big deal. Said for a while I think the Avs want a 2018 1st. Agree about some of those other teams though.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
The first rounder thing for CBJ and NYI isn't a big deal. Said for a while I think the Avs want a 2018 1st. Agree about some of those other teams though.

I hope your right. Id prefer 2018 first rounders but just no confidence in front office at all. The whole duchene situation has been horribly mismanaged. Even in the unlikely scenario he gets moved and most of us are ok with the return, it still wont change the fact it was badly handled

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
It's like Duchene is a UFA at the end of this year. He is still under contract for 2 more seasons and there is no reason to take a bad return for him. It's better to just hold on to him to get the pieces that Sakic actually wants. Plus, there wouldn't have been any movement on that front until the draft (See ROR trade). Everyone needs to take a step back from the ledge.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
It's like Duchene is a UFA at the end of this year. He is still under contract for 2 more seasons and there is no reason to take a bad return for him. It's better to just hold on to him to get the pieces that Sakic actually wants. Plus, there wouldn't have been any movement on that front until the draft (See ROR trade). Everyone needs to take a step back from the ledge.

Disagree. The longer it drags out the worse it'll be. Just get the best possible deal and move on.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Anyways, this past week has been quite bad.

Montreal - traded the piece most appealing to the Avs, and it's been rumored by quality insiders Galchenyuk is available for a defender. If so, they are completely out on Duchene.

Islanders - it appears they are spending their 15th overall pick to protect some players. CDH is potentially among the ones they have negotiated to protect, but regardless, a piece the Avs undoubtedly would have wanted is now gone. If Vegas takes CDH too...well then it's 100% dead with them.

Columbus - it seems set in stone they've moved one of the pieces we'd have wanted in their 1st rounder. They also might have given up a prospect to boot. If Vegas takes JJ / takes JJ to trade him elsewhere then Murray is also guaranteed off the table, which means the Jackets as a trading option took a hit and might be dead.

Anaheim - I thought they were a slim possibility from the start, but they have either given really quality future pieces to protect all of their D, or they have convinced Vegas to take Vatanen in some other deal. They are likely out too, dealing with them only really made sense pre-expansion to help them out.

Minnesota - an even slimmer possibility from the start, but any chance there was making a deal with them is now certainly gone.

What's left? Nashville, best defender being Fabbro. Carolina, best realistic defender being Hadyn Fleury. This has gone very badly.

Exactly. Carolina and Nashville are the two teams left. Since nothing ever happens in Carolina, I'd guess he's going to Nashville.:(

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
Disagree. The longer it drags out the worse it'll be. Just get the best possible deal and move on.

The exact same things were said about the ROR deal. What's the worst case scenario? Duchene is with the team? I find the over reactions on this board comical. It started out with hold on to him until Sakic gets a top-2 d-man, not a package of futures. Then it became get a package of futures with loads of potential and picks, now it has become just get anything and move on. There is no point to selling low on him right now.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
There is still OTT

I forgot to add them. Best bet there was to make a deal pre-expansion involving Ceci. Now they've gone and protected Ceci and will either lose Methot or will cough up assets to protect him. That deal is likely done too. If they couldn't figure something out before the ED involving Ceci so that Ottawa could protect Methot, they won't figure out something now.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
The exact same things were said about the ROR deal. What's the worst case scenario? Duchene is with the team? I find the over reactions on this board comical. It started out with hold on to him until Sakic gets a top-2 d-man, not a package of futures. Then it became get a package of futures with loads of potential and picks, now it has become just get anything and move on. There is no point to selling low on him right now.
Duchene doesn't want to be here anymore. It's time to move on. The longer the wait the more this becomes an ever bigger distraction. And this is just my opinion, but Duchene will become a depreciating asset. The knee injuries are affecting his speed.

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
Duchene doesn't want to be here anymore. It's time to move on. The longer the wait the more this becomes an ever bigger distraction. And this is just my opinion, but Duchene will become a depreciating asset. The knee injuries are affecting his speed.

I'm not saying we shouldn't move him, but this "panic mode", take anything we can get mentality is silly. Why not try and get him some help on the wings and see what this season brings? Especially if the value to move him isn't there. The packages that are being pitched are trade deadline prices for a rental. Every one quit last year, even the golden child Landeskog. Let's see what happens at the draft. Again, look at the ROR situation.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Unfortunately I think Sakic lost again. All the possible deals are disappearing quickly, and I doubt that there's a deal on the table that he'll entertain right now.

Totally prepared for the worst right now. I think Duchene will be back.

Can we please get rid of this front office? Do they even know what their plan is??

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
Unfortunately I think Sakic lost again. All the possible deals are disappearing quickly, and I doubt that there's a deal on the table that he'll entertain right now.

Can we please get rid of this front office? Do they even know what their plan is??

He lost by not taking a sub par package? Again, there is nothing this front office can do to appease anyone.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

I think he's going to end up in Nashville but if the Preds are the only real buyers they'll have a lot of leverage.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
He lost by not taking a sub par package? Again, there is nothing this front office can do to appease anyone.

Because they never do anything good other than no brainers. The sakic accomplishment list; traded for ghetto after we could have already gotten him for free earlier in the year. Yes we didnt give up anything of worth but still couldve had him for free and for longer period of time. Bought out stuart who couldnt really play anyway bc of his back. Bought out beauch who every gm in the nhl wouldve done the same thing. Lets coaches contracts expire and didnt renew them. Great, army wouldve been fired long ago in any other organization. The only other thing is draft decently but when your drafting top 10 every year you should draft well

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009

Has he said this directly? Quoted in any interviews by reputable news agencies. Best I've heard is he'd be open to moving. I would not take that to mean he doesn't want to be here if things changed.

He's 26 and should be able to, if not is in fact, totally recovered from his knee injuries. The player I saw late last year lacked in many areas- likely due mental focus. There are many ways to solve that problem. Sakic can make a special trip to visit him in the offseason, tell him there's a grand new plan, that he's going to be a focal point of, wants him to be the leader OR can let him know that the best option to get him to a playoff team is to have him play solid next season and move him at the TDL emphasizing that improved play will open up way more options.

What absolutely no one here knows are the specific offers Sakic has passed on. They could be total *(&@, we just don't know. If I'm Sakic I don't take garbage just because a player of mine is in the wrong mental state, a young player who could legitimately contribute to the team for many more years. Desperation should be next TDL or draft not now and only if other options have not been explored. While he is streaky he's been solid more often than not over his 8 years, people act like this is the beginning of the end for him (must be for Landy as well). Just seems like everyone has forgotten how good this guy can be....

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Do you guys honestly believe we can enter 2017-2018 with the same core roster? It didn't work last season, so why would it work now?

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Again, we do not have to trade him. The Colorado Avalanche have leverage. He is under contract for 2 more seasons.

Exactly and the best posters have to offer is Sakic has f'd everything up because no trade has occurred forgetting the possibility that the offers may have sucked to this point.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Barberio flat out said in an interview, on Montreal radio, just a few weeks ago - circulated around here and translated - that Duchene wants out. People saying otherwise at this point or pretending that keeping Duchene around is a good and viable option either have stuck their head in the sand or are flat out delusional, in my view. Bednar is an incompetent moron who will just kill this clubs offense and combined with a disgruntled and unmotivated Duchene, Duchene's value would just keep plummeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad