Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Guys, Radulov has come out and said that he won't sign unless it's a 3 year deal at a minimum according to:
Aivis Kalniņš‏ @A_Kalnins
Heard Radulov isn't interested to stay in Montreal if he has to take anything under three years.

Hear me out here.

If Duchene ISN'T going to be traded, having Radulov on his wing would be uber amazing. A top 6 of Radulov, Rantanen, Landeskog, Jost, Mackinnon and Duchene would be beastly.

Getting him to want to be here though would be solely monetary though. Would be a very hard sell for Sakic.

Landy - Mack - Rants
Jost - Dutchy - Rads
Greer - Comph - Ghetto
Nieto - Sodo - Comeau

Zads - EJ
Barbs - Barrie
Mirinov - lindholm

Varly
Picks

Actually don't think that would be too bad, and quite competitive

Draft Miro if possible.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I think we all need to start accepting duchene will be back next year. We just have to hope he comes back with a better mindset. Or we have to hope sakic gets canned. If sakic gets canned maybe duchene is ok with staying since its new management who havent floated his name around

Nothing so far has change anything. He will be traded.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Rads contract length is moot at this point. Unless he's demanding something crazy i doubt thats gonna be the sticking point for MB , esp after his big move, which was made partly with Rads in mind.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Guys, Radulov has come out and said that he won't sign unless it's a 3 year deal at a minimum according to:
Aivis KalniņÅ¡‏ @A_Kalnins
Heard Radulov isn't interested to stay in Montreal if he has to take anything under three years.

Hear me out here.

If Duchene ISN'T going to be traded, having Radulov on his wing would be uber amazing. A top 6 of Radulov, Rantanen, Landeskog, Jost, Mackinnon and Duchene would be beastly.

Getting him to want to be here though would be solely monetary though. Would be a very hard sell for Sakic.

Landy - Mack - Rants
Jost - Dutchy - Rads
Greer - Comph - Ghetto
Nieto - Sodo - Comeau

Zads - EJ
Barbs - Barrie
Mirinov - lindholm

Varly
Picks

Draft Miro if possible.

Our defense still sucks.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Duchene is going to Vegas... They're going to get some pretty decent dmen, but not a whole lot of talented forwards as 7-3-1 is better than protecting 8-1 at least mathematically.

Duchene for Brodin+ would be alright in my books.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Not sure I agree with that. 6 abled bodies. Hopefully injury free. If they play near their best, they are all quite quality.

If they are going to sign Rads, then why not sign Kulikov for that #4 role? I'm not sure I see a fit for us with Rads without Roy. No harm in trying obviously.

I like your positive attitude, but I respectfully disagree.

Our defense is going to either suck, or be just average next season anyways. There isn't a trade that fixes it in one move for next season. Most of the reasonable moves are looking at least two years out maybe three.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
If they are going to sign Rads, then why not sign Kulikov for that #4 role? I'm not sure I see a fit for us with Rads without Roy. No harm in trying obviously.

Yup...absolutely mate. Or MDZ, or Shatts.

We'd certainly be very hard to play against imo.

Especially if Mirinov hits like he does in Russia, and big Z goes beast mode.

Having a double threat of Barrie and say MDZ on seperate pairing would stuff the opposition right up.

Kulikov a lefty or righty?

Also, after this disasterous year, that team WOULD be exciting to watch next season. I hope Roy and Sakic are still cool with each other and the org. Maybe Roy is mature and helps us acquire him?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yup...absolutely mate. Or MDZ, or Shatts.

We'd certainly be very hard to play against imo.

Especially if Mirinov hits like he does in Russia, and big Z goes beast mode.

Having a double threat of Barrie and say MDZ on seperate pairing would stuff the opposition right up.

Kulikov a lefty or righty?

Hes a lefty and a shutdown type. That's why he'd probably work fine next to Barrie. Can't be worse than Nate Guenin.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Hes a lefty and a shutdown type. That's why he'd probably work fine next to Barrie. Can't be worse than Nate Guenin.

And nowhere near as bad as people say. That would be sweet as man. I literally think Dutchy would almost be a PPG player next to Rads...and he'd also feel sweet as knowing the club have invested in quality for him.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
And nowhere near as bad as people say. That would be sweet as man. I literally think Dutchy would almost be a PPG player next to Rads...and he'd also feel sweet as knowing the club have invested in quality for him.

Kulikov will be fine in a #4 role where all he needs to do is get Barrie the puck and move enough to give Barrie an outlet when he needs it.

I've never been one to believe that the relationship is irreparable, but I do believe it's best for Duchene to move on. I just don't believe it should be at all costs like some others. Especially if all we're getting offered is comparable to a deadline deal with a 1st round pick in a weak draft.

One thing we need to take into account for next season regardless of the roster, is that Bednar will be coaching it. So unless they bring in some offensive tactical phenom to run the forwards. We might be in for a good bit of pain regardless.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York

Signing Radulov is a pipe dream but if he signs with us he will be our only superstar caliber player.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Aivis KalniņÅ¡‏ @A_Kalnins

Hear me out here.

Landy - Mack - Rants
Jost - Dutchy - Rads
Greer - Comph - Ghetto
Nieto - Sodo - Comeau

Zads - EJ
Barbs - Barrie
Mirinov - lindholm

Varly
Picks

Draft Miro if possible.

Not sure how one can say that with a straight face when you look at that Defense.

That Defense would be the worst D core in the entire NHL by a massive margin.

Not to mention that roster would also be relying on not 1, not 2, not 3, NOT 4, BUT FIVE rookies that are expected to play significant(Not 4th line) roles right away.

That roster would get chewed up and spit out by the rest of the NHL. Easily well on its way to another 30th place finish.

Also, why in the hell would Radulov even sign with us? We just had the worst season since the previous expansion era. No free agent in the world is going to sign with us unless we massively overpay or they have no other offers, and that's the dumbest thing we could possibly do right now.

Just stop with the dream of trying to be competitive next season. It's actually insane. Why would you even want to be competitive next year when you have a franchise level Dman available at the top of the draft, another franchise level winger in the #2 spot, and multiple Elite #1D potential Dmen throughout the Top 5/10 of the draft.

The very worst thing the Avs could do this summer is make the exact type of moves you suggest and try to compete next season.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Signing Radulov is a pipe dream but if he signs with us he will be our only superstar caliber player.

Rantanen? Mackinnon? Duchene? Barrie? Varlamov? Johnson?

Then potentially, with Zadorov? Jost?

Do you all really dislike our team that much?

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York

Rantanen just played one good season, Mackinnon can be better, Duchene had an off season and Varly was bothered by a bad hip and did not have his best season. Radulov is the only one that when we look at his face, we can see an Allstar basically, an already proven top line winger for free, without giving up any assets or picks, just years of contract and a top line winger salary which he deserves. Sakic will need to work overtime and he probably knows that many teams cant afford Radulov due to the cap but Avs have a shot at him.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

You dont seriously think all of those guys are superstars right?

For Christ sake, this team just finished 30th place and 22(!) points behind 29th. How can you possibly think a team that bad has not just one superstar, but 6(!!!), and with 2 more on the way?

It's one thing to be optimistic. It's another to be bias at the level you're being right now.

Come back to reality lol.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Not sure how one can say that with a straight face when you look at that Defense.

That Defense would be the worst D core in the entire NHL by a massive margin.

Not to mention that roster would also be relying on not 1, not 2, not 3, NOT 4, BUT FIVE rookies that are expected to play significant(Not 4th line) roles right away.

That roster would get chewed up and spit out by the rest of the NHL. Easily well on its way to another 30th place finish.

Also, why in the hell would Radulov even sign with us? We just had the worst season since the previous expansion era. No free agent in the world is going to sign with us unless we massively overpay or they have no other offers, and that's the dumbest thing we could possibly do right now.

Just stop with the dream of trying to be competitive next season. It's actually insane. Why would you even want to be competitive next year when you have a franchise level Dman available at the top of the draft, another franchise level winger in the #2 spot, and multiple Elite #1D potential Dmen throughout the Top 5/10 of the draft.

The very worst thing the Avs could do this summer is make the exact type of moves you suggest and try to compete next season.

With the lottery the way it is, coming 31st overall doesn't warrant automatic top 3-4 pick anymore. You can't rely upon that like Edmonton did.

You are going to be pleasantly surprised next year no matter WHO is on our roster Pierce. Every fan on these Avs boards are. Trades or not. I just think we need to do our best to re-enforce that quality.

I also completely disagree with you about players not wanting to play here. The hockey world knows last year was not the norm. The three previous years, we were in the top 65% of the league standings wise, and one year, 3rd overall.

I understand what you want, and what you're saying. I just feel that based upon your want for our club, it would send us into a perpetual cycle of mediocrity that you can't get out of (or is very hard to).

Think about it: Drafting & development. You draft a player today (and you maybe get service out of them within a 24 month period) - and you may get lucky, and TOPS have 2 players within that timeframe be NHL ready. 12-24 months later, they hit the NHL - they need 12 months then to acclimatize (now 3 years later). As you want us to do, we continue to blow chunks, to attain all these miracle picks (and somehow manage to win the 15% chance or whatever lottery each season).

You then have guys like Duchene, Johnson, Barrie then who are in primes, or want to win who have had enough and want to leave (see Stastny, ROR & others). Therefore, you're in the position where we are now, where those young guys you drafted have the added pressure of having to carry a team (very hard to do, and will likely take time).

By the way, this is WITH the notion the players WE draft is of coarse better than all the players 30 other teams are drafting, because to rise up the standings through the draft and development, you need the best players coming through.

It's a pipe dream Pierce. You're wanting everyone to hang onto the fact you believe all the players we draft higher (Hishon, Stewart, Wolski, Bleakely, Malone, Siemens etc etc etc) are just going to make us improve at a greater rate than the rest of the league, who are also looking to improve through the draft and development.

Based on this clubs history with drafting and development, do you really have faith in that as well, going forward?

Now, onto that D-core. As Cobra said, throw Kulikov in there. EJ, Zadorov, Barrie, Kulikov, Barberio and say Mirinov would be the best starting point defensively we've been for years. And I mean YEARS. They just need to be at their best. Barrie is one of the most gifted offensive D-men in the league - forget me, check the stats. Zadorov is improving exponentially. EJ just needs to be on the ice. Barberio was one of our best D-men last year. Then you have Mirinov & Kulikov.

That's based on the fact we've become grittier with Radulov.

We are much better than your giving our team credit for. I'm sorry. MUCH BETTER.

You suggested before I should just give up watching this team, because I feel we should win quickly. I tell you why I support this team now. Loyalty, and hope. There are tow elements in sports that make a team successful - winning and hope. Your outlook disbands both of these, yet my comments are laughable.

We need to show this amazing club of ours the respect they deserve, get behind them, hop on the bus, because we'll be back, and quickly. It will just take Sakic to make some of the moves people are suggesting.

And yes, the below team would scare many opposition:

Landy - Mack - Rants
Jost - Dutchy - Rads
Greer - Comph - Ghetto
Nieto - Sodo - Comeau

Zads - EJ
Kulikov - Barrie
Barberio - Mirinov

Varly
Picks

Lots of Russians though ! 5 !

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
You dont seriously think all of those guys are superstars right?

For Christ sake, this team just finished 30th place and 22(!) points behind 29th. How can you possibly think a team that bad has not just one superstar, but 6(!!!), and with 2 more on the way?

It's one thing to be optimistic. It's another to be bias at the level you're being right now.

Come back to reality lol.

+ Barrie - world championships (one of the best Canadien D-men) medal winner
+ Landeskog - youngest ever captain - world championships (one of the best Swedish forwards) medal winner
+ Mackinnon - see Barrie + All Star game
+ Duchene - see Mackinnon
+ EJ - was going to be selected an All Star but got injured, and has played Internationally
+ Rantanen - world championships (one of the best Finnish players)

These young men are all International quality players (top 25 odd players in their nation in their respective positions), some are All Stars.

Don't base a flat period in one careers as an indicator of that players legacy as a player. That's harsh.

Yes, I think they are superstars, and with superstar potential.

Our team has quality all the way through it - straight up. They all just crapped the bed at the same time. Happens. people need to get over it, and move forward. Let's be competitive again. Winners do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad