Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
What would y'all need from NYR for Duchene?

I don't see a fit there, as they (you) lack young defenders to give. That said, I feel there are enough moving parts on the Avs side it could change. But even then, I'm not sure I could build a logical return.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Brilliant, Dater. First he said he might get bought out, then he said he probably wouldn't get bought out, and now he's saying he might get bought out, but he might not get bought out.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Brilliant, Dater. First he said he might get bought out, then he said he probably wouldn't get bought out, and now he's saying he might get bought out, but he might not get bought out.

I think he just about covered all the possibilities. Job security ;)

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
hahah, just bored. Trying to evaluate the value of Skjei more than anything else.

He's one of my favorite young D in the game today. I don't think he has the potential that guys like Werenski or Provorov, buy I love the style he plays. I think he'll be a great #3 at least and could make it a step higher.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I thought Dater was fired or had his press privileges revokes a year or two ago?

He was fired from the Denver Post, but supposedly he still kept his 'connections'. Nobody can stop him from posting on social media.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Beauch being asked to waive, or accepting to waive, or being bought out will all equally shock me.

More surprising than getting rid of Holden was.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Apparently Beaulieu could be available. I smell a Gelinas 2.0 here. Both in the Avs jumping on it to acquire him, and that he will disappoint us like Gelinas did.

Beaulieu is the classic all tools no toolbox, mobile D who is below average in his own end type guy. Inconsistent and overrated, expected to be a top-4 when he clearly isn't. Which screams Avs target.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Beaulieu is still way better than Gelinas though. He'd be a decent addition if it was a situation where he won't be relied upon as much as you just know he would be here.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Apparently Beaulieu could be available. I smell a Gelinas 2.0 here. Both in the Avs jumping on it to acquire him, and that he will disappoint us like Gelinas did.

Beaulieu is the classic all tools no toolbox, mobile D who is below average in his own end type guy. Inconsistent and overrated, expected to be a top-4 when he clearly isn't. Which screams Avs target.

Yep. If we can swap them someone just as worrthless, like Grigorenko, I'd be fine with that. Otherwise, stay far far away. No picks for defenseman unless it's part of a much larger package.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

First of all, he and Gelinas can't be put in the same sentence. Secondly, how the hell is he overrated when 99% of people say he sucks? The inability of posters to understand overrated/underrated concepts will forever be a mystery to me.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
I think Beaulieu will be a good risk . It 's depend the ask price. Grigorenko 1 vs 1 or Soderberg vs beaudoin and second round. Or Soderberg -Emelin but it's not the thread sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad