Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
What do you guys see as fair value for Duchene? I dont think Barzal would happen but more likely Hamonic + top prospect not named Barzal or Ho-Sang or Pulock

Problem is the Avs have no interest it seems in Hamonic, so that as a starter is probably a no go. One would have to think Barzal would have to be involved for the Avs to even consider biting.

They'll be too many teams interested in Duchene for us to not come out with at least one high end asset.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
What do you guys see as fair value for Duchene? I dont think Barzal would happen but more likely Hamonic + top prospect not named Barzal or Ho-Sang or Pulock

You don't really have the type of defenseman we're looking for. Hamonic is a righty, not ideal. De Haan is 26, not ideal. Pulock has almost no NHL exp, not ideal. You've got to convince Sakic, I don't think you do that without Barzal.

If we're going off the rumors we've heard of Sakic's asking price, it's got to be Barzal, Pulock/De Hann, 1st and even that isn't really the young top potential D their looking for, they're settling for a forward being the best piece.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

I don't get why everybody wants our best players, but refuses to give up their best prospects.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

You need Hamonic more than we do. Quit clinging on your prospects, if you want Duchene it's because you want to win now, not in 5 years.

If we trade Duchene it's for a chance to win later and that's why we don't want Hamonic but we want Barzal and Pulock.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Barzal ++

One plus being a defensemen, one pick a high (likely 1st round) pick. Getting Duchene without giving up one of your very best prospects isn't going to happen.

Fair, many are arguing Barzal is projecting to be as good if not better than Duchene in a few years time which is why Snow likely will put his foot down if you "need" barzal for the trade to happen. Since we are running out of room for top D men, Hamonic or Pulock would make the most sense on our side..

What about Hamonic + Anthony Beauvillier? :naughty:

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
You don't really have the type of defenseman we're looking for. Hamonic is a righty, not ideal. De Haan is 26, not ideal. Pulock has almost no NHL exp, not ideal. You've got to convince Sakic, I don't think you do that without Barzal.

If we're going off the rumors we've heard of Sakic's asking price, it's got to be Barzal, Pulock/De Hann, 1st and even that isn't really the young top potential D their looking for, they're settling for a forward being the best piece.

Safe to say if thats the asking price then it's not going to happen :laugh:

IF snow were to part with Barzal, i can't see you getting more than Barzal and a 2nd-1st rounder in the draft at MOST for Duchene..

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Fair, many are arguing Barzal is projecting to be as good if not better than Duchene in a few years time which is why Snow likely will put his foot down if you "need" barzal for the trade to happen. Since we are running out of room for top D men, Hamonic or Pulock would make the most sense on our side..

I have reservations about Barzal being that good. That would be if things went nearly perfectly, and they rarely do. Yeah it is possible, I wouldn't bet on it... and it would be 3-4 years down the road at the earliest.

That would be a big ol nope.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
I have reservations about Barzal being that good. That would be if things went nearly perfectly, and they rarely do. Yeah it is possible, I wouldn't bet on it... and it would be 3-4 years down the road at the earliest.

That would be a big ol nope.

Should be interesting. I think our GM is in a "win now" mode and also in the process of convincing Tavares to re-sign long-term starting early next month. In the past he's been EXTREMELY reluctant on trading coveted prospects, but maybe he's finally motivated to pull the trigger on a deal like this. Should be an interesting next few days

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Not really interested in Hamonic+Beauvillier.

You want the Avs to cough up a 27 year old all-star, but yet no high end prospects or picks. It's not going to happen, some team will make a better offer than that.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Fair, many are arguing Barzal is projecting to be as good if not better than Duchene

Duchene at age 19 scored 27 goals and had 40 assists in the NHL. Barzal was still in the WHL at the same age. And that's all we have to compare them at this point.

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017

Yeah, well the Islanders are likely gonna have to part with a part of their future for more immediate help. Otherwise they can keep Barzal, hope he's as good or better than Duchene, and see how Tavares feels about waiting on the prospects.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
http://thehockeywriters.com/boston-bruins-round-table-matt-duchene-trade/

It didn't include 4, thankfully. That would have been ridiculous. But I am terrified of buying high on Carlo regardless. How often does a rookie defender look like a future star as only to never even play to that rookie-level again? I'd be afraid of Losing a trade chip like Duchene to only receive a decent #4 in return.

Probably as often as a rookie defender looking like a future star and actually becoming one.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

You do understand the massively flawed logic in what you're saying right?

Barzal projects to maybe be as good as Duchene(Certainly not better). Duchene already is as good as Duchene.

If Snow puts his foot down on moving a player because he might(key word here) be as good as the player you're acquiring one day then that's not very good management at all.

Thankfully Snow appears to think more logically then the Isles fan base at least.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Yeah im sure JT can kick it until Barzal becomes the guy they can get now. Lets see how that works out in negotiations

Also everytime i hear such and such isnt getting moved for one of our Centers, i just say "Zadorov!!" ...like Shazam and a trade will prob. happen.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Barzal ++

One plus being a defensemen, one pick a high (likely 1st round) pick. Getting Duchene without giving up one of your very best prospects isn't going to happen.

Out of curiosity, what has changed for you? A while back I was advocating CDH+1st+something, and this was your response at the time in terms of expectations for Duchene's return

Young D (solid, but not top pairing or #1 potential) + B prospect + late 1st

Not trying to put you on the spot, just wondering why your opinion of Duchene's value has obviously rebounded?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Out of curiosity, what has changed for you? A while back I was advocating CDH+1st+something, and this was your response at the time in terms of expectations for Duchene's return

Not trying to put you on the spot, just wondering why your opinion of Duchene's value has obviously rebounded?

The poster was asking about the Islanders specifically. I also don't see those as different values. Barzal has more value through fans than he does with GMs.

To me Barzal + Pulock + 1st is roughly equal to White + Ceci + 1st. I like a Sens deal better because I like both players in the deal better and the pick difference is that great to me. But I get arguments on the other end.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The poster was asking about the Islanders specifically. I also don't see those as different values. Barzal has more value through fans than he does with GMs.

To me Barzal + Pulock + 1st is roughly equal to White + Ceci + 1st. I like a Sens deal better because I like both players in the deal better and the pick difference is that great to me. But I get arguments on the other end.

Fair enough.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have insight into why Barzal's goal scoring in the WHL is so low? Only 10 goals this past year?

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Just throwing it out there, if your gonna propose a trade in anothers team forum, id suggest proposing it here first. If its a trade most here wouldnt do on our side that's probably why people think our players arent as valuable as they are

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Just throwing it out there, if your gonna propose a trade in anothers team forum, id suggest proposing it here first. If its a trade most here wouldnt do on our side that's probably why people think our players arent as valuable as they are

Meh. There are people on the trade boards who don't post here. Just don't go to other boards and you don't have to worry about what whoever posts there. No worries though, everything else on the trade boards is garbage too so it won't stick out.

AvsFanJosh

Aug 27, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
A budy of mine is a leafs fan and he's pretty confident he'd offer a 3rd rounder for barrie, and his highest offer for duchene would be gardiner. Gotta love leaf fans

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
A budy of mine is a leafs fan and he's pretty confident he'd offer a 3rd rounder for barrie, and his highest offer for duchene would be gardiner. Gotta love leaf fans

Well some Leaf fan over on the main board just made an offer for Drew Doughty that didn't involve one of Matthews, Marner or Nylander. Then proceeded to tell everyone that was a really fair offer.
Leafs fans have no grasp on reality when it comes to trade value.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia

If those 3 are off the table, then your offer (of Hamonic + top prospect) is not Hamonic + top prospect, cause those 3 are your top prospects.

AvsFanJosh

Aug 27, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
Well some Leaf fan over on the main board just made an offer for Drew Doughty that didn't involve one of Matthews, Marner or Nylander. Then proceeded to tell everyone that was a really fair offer.
Leafs fans have no grasp on reality when it comes to trade value.
Not suprised one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad