Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXXIV|Pokecheque Liked The Other Title Better Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It’s almost creepy GM watching time. Blurry pics of GMs talking to each other on the draft floor should start rolling out soon. Then we can really start losing it.

Reactions: Foppa2118

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean Tanev is good when he’s healthy. But that’s like never.

I mean again he’s a good piece but I wouldn’t want him to be a centerpiece of a Barrie trade.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
After a rollercoaster 24 hours I'm really not expecting him to be dealt anymore. Sakic is very stubborn where if his price isn't met he won't trade. So unless something blows his socks off, I think tonight will be safe.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
After a rollercoaster 24 hours I'm really not expecting him to be dealt anymore. Sakic is very stubborn where if his price isn't met he won't trade. So unless something blows his socks off, I think tonight will be safe.

I’m thinking it’s already done and they’re waiting to announce it to the home crowd once the draft starts. Gotta make a splash because teams are weird like that.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I remember when AJ quote-tweeted another insider's tweet about Ottawa and Nashville engaged in trade talks with the Avs for Duchene with "lol" the night before Duchene was traded in a threeway trade with Ottawa and Nashville. Really did a lot for his #brand that night.

These guys refuse to acknowledge when it's their own speculation/opinion and when they're commenting based on info they've heard from sources. Dater does it too. Super unprofessional and it drives me nuts.

I'm guessing that's what AJ's response is again. He doesn't think it makes sense for the same reasons we don't so he just says, "No." He must know it comes off like he heard something, but he doesn't care enough to let us know it's speculation because that breaks the illusion.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Yikes, if we deal Dater it can't be for a bust like Virtanen.

And I really don't want a trade of Barrie-Tanev.

"We'll trade you our great player in exchange for your good player if you add some spare parts"

It's hard to win trades when you deal the best player in the deal, but come on now.

Reactions: Goulet17

Goulet17

May 22, 2003

"We'll trade you our great player in exchange for your good player if you add some spare parts"

It's hard to win trades when you deal the best player in the deal, but come on now.

I am fully prepared to trade Dater for Virtanen. Let's do it.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway

Virtanen's just a bottom-sixer, but I'll trade Dater for him every day of the week and twice on sundays :thumbu:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I am fully prepared to trade Dater for Virtanen. Let's do it.

We could add MacKinnon and Vancouver would still say:

InsignificantShabbyJoey-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Y3TI

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
You're disregarding what Sakic said about acquiring players after Roy left - youth, skill, not overpay for FA. It's not like he's actively looking to spend for FA and he's very careful when it comes to spending. Again, this is with Sakic fully in charge catering to what he ultimately thinks is best for the team. Normally you're right. Sakic prefers to be passive with respect to trades, more like he does trades because he has no choice, and where we see him be proactive is with bottom sixers as UFAs.

This year will be interesting. The Avs are clearly in their cup window. They are contending now. So I would expect that Sakic's normal way of doing things will change. Specifically, I'd expect him to be more open to big trades or drafting home run type players (Dach). I also suspect he'd be more active on the FA market but given the present climate, he's thankfully unwilling to commit himself to the crazy contract terms that we're seeing. So whatever moves he makes should hopefully give us a little clearer direction of where the team is going.

As Cobra Access stated, extend Barrie now or trade him. If he is trading Barrie then please retain the 4th and 16th picks. Sakic must address the second-line C and W if he trades Barrie.

Yeah it's disappointing that the Avs didn't get Hughes or Kakko because they'd be immediate impact players. Still, over a career it wouldn't surprise me if someone like Dach developed into the best player from this draft. In other words, our perspective is super limited and narrow right now.

It's disappointing the AVs lost the lottery again, but this is the system. To ensure tanking is not going to benefit teams. The choice of pick and development is more crucial.

There is a chance players beyond the Top 2 could be the better players. This is still a bonus pick from the Sens, we should all be happy drafting this high. A good player regardless of the choice will be available with 4th OA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad