Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXVIII|Sakic Did Nothing Again vs. Sakic Waits Patiently

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Can you imagine the success we would have rolling 3 busts on a line? Jost-Zegras-Podkolzin, it was have such a negative effect it would inverse the universe whenever they are on the ice. For every goal they don’t score the Avs get a field goal

I thought you were gunna go with Pod-MacK-Zegras or Landy-Zegras-Pod :sarcasm:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If it’s not Turcotte than I want them to swing for Zegras. He is top-tier skilled with creativity and vision to go with it. He’s also got a bit of that mean streak/chippy side that makes me think a bit of Giroux when I watch him play.

I want him or Pod; I won't be disappointed with Turcotte just because of his fit for us...but I'll be a little disappointed that we took him over those two.
Well, Landy-MacK-Rants will be our grind line.

Who would that leave for first liner Alexander Kerfoot?

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I want him or Pod; I won't be disappointed with Turcotte just because of his fit for us...but I'll be a little disappointed that we took him over those two.

Who would that leave for first liner Alexander Kerfoot?

Kerfoot will transform Greer into prime Lucic and Compher into Drury as he takes his (Kerfoot’s) rightful place amongst the Avs pantheon of greats.

I’m really hoping the Avs are aggressive and grab two of Turcotte, Zegras, Boldy, Pod, and Dach. This is the right time to be aggressive, we have some assets and can’t afford to wait forever

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Been watching the hurricanes and holy shit is ferland an animal. I'd replace him with kerfoot as fast as possible. He could be a 20-30 goal scorer with Hayes

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Been watching the hurricanes and holy **** is ferland an animal. I'd replace him with kerfoot as fast as possible. He could be a 20-30 goal scorer with Hayes

Again, my only worry is his health/the long term viability of his style. That and he’ll likely be massively overpaid. I’d actually use him as the final part of a MacK-Landeskog line and let Rantanen lead his own line.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Kerfoot will transform Greer into prime Lucic and Compher into Drury as he takes his (Kerfoot’s) rightful place amongst the Avs pantheon of greats.

I’m really hoping the Avs are aggressive and grab two of Turcotte, Zegras, Boldy, Pod, and Dach. This is the right time to be aggressive, we have some assets and can’t afford to wait forever

Fair enough, I'd rather use #16 to move for another top 6er than try to trade up into the top 10, but I'm with you on hoping Joe doesn't just sit on this surplus.
Again, my only worry is his health/the long term viability of his style. That and he’ll likely be massively overpaid. I’d actually use him as the final part of a MacK-Landeskog line and let Rantanen lead his own line.

I'd rather someone like Zucker with MacK n Landy. Ferland would be nasty opposite Mikko doe...especially if we got Kadri to center them :naughty:

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Fair enough, I'd rather use #16 to move for another top 6er than try to trade up into the top 10, but I'm with you on hoping Joe doesn't just sit on this surplus.

I'd rather someone like Zucker with MacK n Landy...Ferland would be nasty opposite Landy doe...

I’d be on board as well, I think the two of us have been big proponents of bringing Zucker on board. But, why not both? Landy-MacK-Zucker, Freeland-Hayes-Rantanen

I honestly think that there’s a couple of guys in the Top-12 or so that could make a giant difference to this franchise. There’s question marks on a few of those players, but if they turn out like you would expect this could be one of those franchise changing drafts.

Grab two of Dach, Cozens, Turcotte, Caufield, Zegras, Boldy or Podkolzin and that’s a ton of upside that should be ready in a year or two.

Be aggressive in filling the roster in the mean time and you’ll have an influx of youthful energy and talent just when you’ll need that extra bit to differentiate you from the other contenders.

Reactions: cgf and Barklez

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I’d be on board as well, I think the two of us have been big proponents of bringing Zucker on board.

I honestly think that there’s a couple of guys in the Top-12 or so that could make a giant difference to this franchise. There’s question marks on a few of those players, but if they turn out like you would expect this could be one of those franchise changing drafts.

Grab two of Dach, Cozens, Turcotte, Caufield, Zegras, Boldy or Podkolzin and that’s a ton of upside that should be ready in a year or two.

Be aggressive in filling the roster in the mean time and you’ll have an influx of youthful energy and talent just when you’ll need that extra bit to differentiate you from the other contenders.

I hear ya. I just don't think trading up into range to get one of the guys we like and not just whichever tier 2/3 guy happens falls to ~12; would be feasible. Teams are just as aware of that drop off as we are so the only way I can it happening is if on draft night, the guy who happens to land at that final spot, isn't liked by the scouts of the team at 12/13 but is liked by us. I wouldn't want to trade up just to get the last guy in that 3rd tier who are in the top 10 mix, if it's one of the ones I'm not high very on.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I hear ya. I just don't think trading up into range to get one of the guys we like and not just whichever tier 2/3 guy who falls to ~12; would be feasible. Teams are just as aware of that drop off as we are so the only way I can it happening is if on draft night, the guy who happens to land at that final spot, isn't liked by the scouts of the team at 12/13 but is liked by us. I wouldn't want to trade up just to get the last guy in that 3rd tier who are in the top 10 mix, if it's one of the ones I'm not high very on.

I’m wondering if you can convince the Sabres or Oilers to move out of their spots by dangling Kerfoot. He can put up top-6 production and those two teams can’t just keep sitting around and hoping this next draft pick works out

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I’m wondering if you can convince the Sabres or Oilers to move out of their spots by dangling Kerfoot. He can put up top-6 production and those two teams can’t just keep sitting around and hoping this next draft pick works out

I can't imagine it would unless they just hate everyone who's left when it comes time for them to pick :dunno:

That feels like more of a Jost / Kaut / 2020 1st -price.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It doesn't make any sense for us to trade roster players to upgrade our pick. We'll trade that pick for a roster player if anything.

Reactions: MarkT

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
You could be right, he does throw his body around.... Hard! What would be a reasonable offer?

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Read Chambers article in the Post today ...
Your first mistake. Sakic has to know that the Avs championship window is now open and now's the time to go for it (and not signing Jarome Iginla-type players). Just like how CHI's window closed when Kane and Toews needed new contracts, it's best to go for it before Mack's monster payday.

Reactions: Hornstar and cgf

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Which would easily be worth it and isn't at all the reason why the Offersheet wont happen... :facepalm:

He would be absolutely worth the compensation. Just wanted to clarify the about has to be prorated over 5 years.

AVs could offer upwards of $7.55M per @ 7 years.

2-1sts + 1-2nd + 1-3rd

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Well looks like we were in on a European free agent for like 2 hours before Chicago got Anton Wedin. Not pissed at that, just dying for some news. I’d rather they target Fredrik Handemark.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I’m being realistic. A 2C + 2/3W + Rantanen and other extensions is a good summer.

But that's not enough unless Joe is ready to make an in-season trade to acquire that final piece. With our capspace, assets & where our team is right now; we should be leaving this offseason with two genuine top 6ers if we want to be in a good position to take that final step...and even then we may well need further tweaking.

The FO left it to this offseason instead of getting started last-offseason or during-the-season. So they need more than just "good" results this offseason. Kinda like the duchene trade, where we needed to hit a homerun because we had waited so long to swing at a pitch that we liked.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
"Dubas might have to be creative, trading say Johnsson or Kapanen with Marleau (who’d have to be convinced to waive his no-movement clause) for relatively little by way of return other than cleared cap space."

I'd be all over all 3 of them. Not sure what it would take but Toronto will have around 4 million to spend after they resign Marner and have some big holes to fill on D.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Good article on Colin Wilson and how he's important for the room in the Athletic

kxgJTcH.png

Reactions: MarkT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad