Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXVII|Crosby+MacK = Tim's Empire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
Wonder how realistic it is for the Avs to target Tyler Johnson this offseason. He'd pretty much be perfect IMO, he's fast, defensively sound, and can slot at either center or wing. He's obviously not a big guy at all, but IMO for a smaller forward he's hard to knock off the puck. He's not terrible at faceoffs either. Have him start at 2C and then if the Avs get a top-flight C prospect in this draft, move him to wing when the kid is ready.

Don't know what it would cost though. Maybe if they can engineer a deal and also take on Callahan's contract it won't cost as much, but I'm guessing even then they'll want a 1st rounder and either a roster player who doesn't suck or potential impact prospect.
I dont know I read an article on Fansided that TB needs to cut salary big time so the price for taking $$ off there cap with another bloated contract like Callahan's contract and it just might not cost a 1st I think. The article was about the top 3 players they were gonna trade cut cap space and JT was 3rd on that list

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Wonder how realistic it is for the Avs to target Tyler Johnson this offseason. He'd pretty much be perfect IMO, he's fast, defensively sound, and can slot at either center or wing. He's obviously not a big guy at all, but IMO for a smaller forward he's hard to knock off the puck. He's not terrible at faceoffs either. Have him start at 2C and then if the Avs get a top-flight C prospect in this draft, move him to wing when the kid is ready.

Don't know what it would cost though. Maybe if they can engineer a deal and also take on Callahan's contract it won't cost as much, but I'm guessing even then they'll want a 1st rounder and either a roster player who doesn't suck or potential impact prospect.
Johnson would be a great pick up. Wondering if he will be a good Carl replacement in a couple years?? Everyone has talked like we won't resign Carl but if he had another great year, why not on a two year deal? Kadri would be ideal imo but it would take some assets.
Another thing I thought about was if we do sign Hayes and he isn't what we were hoping for, let he was away in the expansion draft.

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
As I said before... I would love to get Bynam or Cozens in the draft. If we go offensive to get that center we need. I would love for us to trade for Darnell Nurse of Edmonton. 6'4 220. We get another big defender with Left handed shot who put up 41 points (10 goals) I dont know if we are keeping Z (I hope) but he seems suited for the 3rd line.

Nurse / Girard / Z / Makar / Barrie / EJ thats a great group there

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017

Yay someone else with me on the TJ train, although I'd be happy with Palat instead. I really hope Sakic is calling Tampa often this offseason because now with the sweep there's going to be even more pressure to make changes.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
What is really going to make me angry is if the Avs do advance to round 2 Mark Stone will just obliterate them. If Sakic put them on the table we could have mark Stone and have a shot at round 3.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
What is really going to make me angry is if the Avs do advance to round 2 Mark Stone will just obliterate them. If Sakic put them on the table we could have mark Stone and have a shot at round 3.

If the Avs had Stone in the lineup, they wouldn't have Makar because he'd be on the Sens.

Reactions: Ryan Patsky

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yay someone else with me on the TJ train, although I'd be happy with Palat instead. I really hope Sakic is calling Tampa often this offseason because now with the sweep there's going to be even more pressure to make changes.
Palat is another player that lives on a reputation and is incredibly overpaid. Friedman in today's 31 thoughts implied that he's going to get moved. They said Tampa want Ristolainen and Friedman mentioned Palat and Sergachev as possible trading chips. Sergachev's progression kinda stalled, too.

Reactions: cgf and BKarchitect

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I dunno, I feel like TJ checks more boxes of the Avs needs than OP, and I wasn't thrilled with OP's season this year...though injuries probably played a big part in his struggles. Normally I'm a big fan of his though.

Put it this way, if indeed the Bolts have to move a pricey forward to clear cap room, my order of preference would be 1. Johnson, 2. Palat, 3. Miller. 4. Kucherov

Reactions: MarkT

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Palat is another player that lives on a reputation and is incredibly overpaid. Friedman in today's 31 thoughts implied that he's going to get moved. They said Tampa want Ristolainen and Friedman mentioned Palat and Sergachev as possible trading chips. Sergachev's progression kinda stalled, too.

100%. Go to the Tampa forum - I don't mean just this epic series collapse, I mean all season long - Palat has declined hard...they've been trying to figure out ways to get free from his contract all season long even in the midst of being one of the best overall teams in history. He's a third liner at this point. He's not so old that maybe he can't bounce back to something closer to what he once was but I'm not taking on his $5.3 million bill through 2022 to find out...

I'd take Miller over TJ or Palat easily from their possible contract moves. He's inconsistent but offers a great speed and size/strength combo and was often left on their third line with less impressive offensive players. There's way more future value in him than TJ or OP - IMO.

Reactions: MarkT and cgf

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
To re-sign point they are realistically going to need to shed one of TJ/Palat/Miller and for sure Callahan.

4 of their D are UFA, i would assume stralman signs for cheap, they can probably replace 1 with an ELC, and then 2 other cheap contracts.

I would offer Avs 1st + Barbs (i would even retain some of his salary) for Callahan and Miller. Unless they avs are somehow landing Hayes + Panarin they don't need to worry about Callahan's salary, and if they do somehow go huge into the UFA market they can just buy out callahan for 2.6 and 1.6 the next 2 seasons.

Is it a great trade? I don't know but they get to keep Point and get a 1st + serviceable third pairing D for a cap headache and a redundant forward.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Palat and to a lesser extent Johnson are examples of players that get all you can eat ice time on bad teams, putting up big numbers. King of all of those were Olli Jokinen. On bad Panthers teams he looked like a star. Whenever he was put in a position to produce on better teams, his numbers plummeted. We're seeing the same thing with Palat now. He's not good enough to get the best matchups anymore and unfortunately his defensive game hasn't been as good as it should to compensate.

I like J.T Miller but he's a bit inconsistent. If you can use him as a third liner and be fine with the cap, he'll do very well for you. If you want him to be your 2C, you probably won't be a team that goes deep.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Not only would I not trade anything of value for Drouin I would pay to keep him away from MacK. The junior chemistry thing needs to die - MacK has become arguably the second most dominate forward in the league without Drouin and it’s not like Drouin has been an exemplar of work ethic, determination and willingness to expand and improve his game. They can hang out in the summer on the Atlantic and MacK can regale his buddy with stories of being a superstar forward and dominating in the playoffs.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
To re-sign point they are realistically going to need to shed one of TJ/Palat/Miller and for sure Callahan.

4 of their D are UFA, i would assume stralman signs for cheap, they can probably replace 1 with an ELC, and then 2 other cheap contracts.

I would offer Avs 1st + Barbs (i would even retain some of his salary) for Callahan and Miller. Unless they avs are somehow landing Hayes + Panarin they don't need to worry about Callahan's salary, and if they do somehow go huge into the UFA market they can just buy out callahan for 2.6 and 1.6 the next 2 seasons.

Is it a great trade? I don't know but they get to keep Point and get a 1st + serviceable third pairing D for a cap headache and a redundant forward.

There should be zero need to give up a 1st+ for Miller and have to take back Callahan. Miller isn't worth a ton more than the 16th overall on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad