Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXV|Landeskog: Maanmetsä???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Now, please be bruised ribs for Mikko. And, I know it’s been 20 years (wow, I’m getting old), but tonight I’m gonna party like I hate you as much as I did in 1999, Dallas.

Holy shit, 1999 and 2000 rage was something else.

Considering I was crying as a 16 year old when Joe passed the Cup to Raymond, it goes without saying how ridiculous I took the losses as a 14 and 15 year old.

Those may have been my first bans on old school hockeysfuture boards.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Holy ****, 1999 and 2000 rage was something else.

Considering I was crying as a 16 year old when Joe passed the Cup to Raymond, it goes without saying how ridiculous I took the losses as a 14 and 15 year old.

The Avs played in & lost game 7 of the 2000 WCF the day we flew into Orlando for a group Disney vacation. It was the summer before my senior year of high school. We got to our rooms in time for the 3rd period. Everyone else went off to explore the hotel resort & pick up dinner, while I stayed behind to watch the death knell. When Bourque hit the post I kicked the (latest advancement in technology) in room DVD-VCR combo player (lightly, luckily). After a brief anxiety attack I realized the only damage I’d (fortunately) done was knocking the faceplate off, which even I could fix *phew*.

That 2001 season was so special. Even so, welcome as Blake & Reinprecht were, it hurt to see Deadmarsh & Miller in Kings sweaters. They were brothers in arms for the Stars wars of 1999 & 2000- when I began following (Avs) hockey closely.

Obligatory Cool Story Bro...

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I watched those 1999 and 2000 series' as a 5/6 year old and can vividly remember not speaking to anyone the next day at school following losses lest they want to get punched in the throat.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Haha I was 16 too when Joe passed the cup to Ray but I didnt cry. However, I remember being so angry at Roy in game 4 when he misplayed the puck and Gomez scored that I threw my N64 controller at the wall and smashed it haha.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I'd be thrilled to overpay for either Hayes or Ferland on July 1st. Or best case scenario, both.

It's not like they're old and over the hill or we have cap space issues, so I'll prepare myself to be disappointed when we get neither of them.

While I'm dreaming, my ideal perfect scenario would be to draft Kakko at #2, then overpay the aforementioned guys and roll with a real, legit for once 2nd line of Ferland-Hayes-Kakko. A nice big, strong, fast line that isn't a defensive liability and can also agitate the other team a bit.

Then we can have Soda between Jost and JTC and Kam between LBN and Calvert. Suddenly we have depth and aren't rolling with a bottom-6 with an average height of 5'7.

Kerfoot can be the 13th forward or shot to the moon for all I care.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I'd be thrilled to overpay for either Hayes or Ferland on July 1st. Or best case scenario, both.

upload_2019-3-22_0-56-46.gif

tenor.gif

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I would think so. Man I really wish Stone didnt sign that contract. Also, how funny would it be if we did get Hughes and rolled out a Jost- Hughes- Kerfoot second line for next season. The oompa loompa line from hell.
There's still a chance for Panarin...

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Hayes would be the centre ala stastny to MacK circa 2013 & then shift to 3c as Soda’s contract Ends. Ideally.

Ideally you have Ferland in your top 6 to prevent clowns from other teams to target our best players all night and eventually successfully injuring them.

Before the injury Rants had been hammered by Dallas left and right. All the friggin' game. This isn't acceptable.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
Ideally you have Ferland in your top 6 to prevent clowns from other teams to target our best players all night and eventually successfully injuring them.

Before the injury Rants had been hammered by Dallas left and right. All the friggin' game.

I actually really like ferland, watched him a lot I’m Calgary. The guy has a ridiculous shot and loves to bang the body. Only question is what kind of contract is he looking for? Something around 5 I could stomach.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I actually really like ferland, watched him a lot I’m Calgary. The guy has a ridiculous shot and loves to bang the body. Only question is what kind of contract is he looking for? Something around 5 I could stomach.
Yeah should have quoted @BrickNHL , not you. Sorry about that. :)

As for your question, as long as it's under 6M and 5 years or less I'm OK with it. If we plan to play him in our top 6 he's going to ask for top 6 money, especially since he's UFA and apparently in high demand.

Reactions: cgf

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I still feel my eyes on the verge of tearing up every time I see that highlight. Such an incredible moment. Gets me every time, and I've seen it at least a hundred times.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
One positive thing I can say about those Stars is that in 99/00 they had Darryl Sydor. Watching him claw his way back into line of traffic after his knee got screwed up against NJ was completely nuts. Dude was a freaking warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad