Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXV|Landeskog: Maanmetsä???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I have a feeling that JT Miller ends up here in the off-season. Just a gut feeling and makes some sense.

I think he would be a good middle 6 fit for what the Avs need, and if TBL is looking to free up some cap space. What makes me question is what he costs in a trade as he is a nice but not really amazing player.

When you look at all of the possible outcomes of this upcoming draft, 2nd line LW is really the main hole the team has (assuming[praying] 2c is solved with 1 of the 2 picks). So I wouldn't be shocked for them to be looking at depth there, with Hubby clearly being the best option although his availability is debatable

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I'd love to add Ferland, a mini-Landeskog would really help spread out the crappy captain-ing across two lines.

I really like that player and what he brings and I am terrified at how much he is going to be overpaid. Someone is going to pay such a premium for someone who doesn't really bring that much offense.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
What to do with Kerfoot? Some of the underlying numbers look good but he has taken a step back offensively and has just been a complete disaster the last little while based on the eye test. I defended him against some of the criticisms after last season but it's tough to do that now. Under no circumstance can you go into next season with him in your top six and he's not a fit on the third line if they want to continue having that be a "shutdown" line.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think he would be a good middle 6 fit for what the Avs need, and if TBL is looking to free up some cap space. What makes me question is what he costs in a trade as he is a nice but not really amazing player.

When you look at all of the possible outcomes of this upcoming draft, 2nd line LW is really the main hole the team has (assuming[praying] 2c is solved with 1 of the 2 picks). So I wouldn't be shocked for them to be looking at depth there, with Hubby clearly being the best option although his availability is debatable

I don’t think Miller would cost much as TB will be really trying to shed some salary, plus he’d be a good fit here. Can play all 3 forward positions, is a legit 2nd liner and can fit in as the 3rd wheel on a 1st line. Plus he adds a little bit of size as well.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
What to do with Kerfoot? Some of the underlying numbers look good but he has taken a step back offensively and has just been a complete disaster the last little while based on the eye test. I defended him against some of the criticisms after last season but it's tough to do that now. Under no circumstance can you go into next season with him in your top six and he's not a fit on the third line if they want to continue having that be a "shutdown" line.

Joe needs to find a way to trade his RFA rights at the draft (like as an add-on in a pick trade or something).

Reactions: cgf and Avs_19

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I don’t think Miller would cost much as TB will be really trying to shed some salary, plus he’d be a good fit here. Can play all 3 forward positions, is a legit 2nd liner and can fit in as the 3rd wheel on a 1st line. Plus he adds a little bit of size as well.

That's really what I feel it will come down to is 'what is the cost'. He is a pretty polarizing player that some are very high on and some are very low on. If its a good opportunity then the Avs should take a look but I don't think he is a guy they should try that hard to get.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

The Avs have no offensive depth at all, he is an RFA and after this year his next contract will be super cheap. While its not likely he is here long term with his current level of play the Avs don't really have any incentive to get rid of him. He's on our 2nd line because the Avs don't have any 2nd line players, which can be fixed at the draft but there are no quick fixes in the NHL. Things take time and he can be a stop gap while his successors develop.

If a team wants to give up something of value he could be had but atm I expect him to stay.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I’d like to trade Kerfoot at the draft but still get a useful player back that perhaps is overpaid and another team simply can’t afford.

Marleau is the first one that comes to mind but he likely wouldn’t waive to come here.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That's really what I feel it will come down to is 'what is the cost'. He is a pretty polarizing player that some are very high on and some are very low on. If its a good opportunity then the Avs should take a look but I don't think he is a guy they should try that hard to get.

I don’t think he’ll cost much honestly since Tampa will be pretty focused on getting back very little salary in a trade. Obviously he’s not someone that we should get no matter what but makes a lot of sense here at a reasonable price.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Avs have no offensive depth at all, he is an RFA and after this year his next contract will be super cheap. While its not likely he is here long term with his current level of play the Avs don't really have any incentive to get rid of him. He's on our 2nd line because the Avs don't have any 2nd line players, which can be fixed at the draft but there are no quick fixes in the NHL. Things take time and he can be a stop gap while his successors develop.

If a team wants to give up something of value he could be had but atm I expect him to stay.

He can't be a stop gap on a scoring line heading into next season. That absolutely can't happen and if it does then Sakic failed miserably in the offseason.

Reactions: cgf

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'd probably hang onto Kerf for one more season, unless another team really values him and we can use him as a piece for a decent upgrade in the Top 9.

He has his warts and they're certainly noticeable but I just dont think we have anyone within the organization ready to replace the 40 points he brings.

Or just trade him. I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to him honestly.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The biggest issue with keeping Kerfoot is arbitration. Odds are high he won’t be worth what he will get paid. Right on the edge of walk away rights. Could easily get stuck into a 4.2m per deal for the next two seasons.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'd probably hang onto Kerf for one more season, unless another team really values him and we can use him as a piece for a decent upgrade in the Top 9.

He has his warts and they're certainly noticeable but I just dont think we have anyone within the organization ready to replace the 40 points he brings.

Or just trade him. I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to him honestly.
Bad teams have kerfoots.

Reactions: CobraAcesS and cgf

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The biggest issue with keeping Kerfoot is arbitration. Odds are high he won’t be worth what he will get paid. Right on the edge of walk away rights. Could easily get stuck into a 4.2m per deal for the next two seasons.

Then let him walk. I don't care if we don't get anything back.

Reactions: klozge

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
He can't be a stop gap on a scoring line heading into next season. That absolutely can't happen and if it does then Sakic failed miserably in the offseason.

Tbh I think you are overestimating the available options and how much it matters. That seems like a pretty unrealistic view imo. Its a long term plan here, not a couple of months plan

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Tbh I think you are overestimating the available options and how much it matters. That seems like a pretty unrealistic view imo. Its a long term plan here, not a couple of months plan
He sucks, he's too small and when he scores it doesn't affect the game. What are you afraid to lose exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad