Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXIX|Acquire All of Landy's Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
They got Denisenko too. I forgot to mention Dadonov, but I believe he's on a pretty team-friendly deal as well if I'm not mistaken.

I still think they gotta do SOMETHING to upgrade that defense though. Up front they're in great shape. Wonder if a bidding war for the services of Jared Spurgeon erupts.

Speaking of Spurgeon and the Panthers, I’d be interested in following 2 trade scenarios:

Option 1:
Avs in: Trocheck; Zucker: Min 2019 2nd
Avs Out: 4oa; 2019/2020 1st; OTT 3rd

Panthers In: 4oa; Spurgeon
Panthers Out: Trocheck; 2019 1st; Tippet/Heponiemi

Wild In: Avs 2019/2020 1st; Fla 2019 1st; Tippet/Heponiemi; OTT 3rd
Wild Out: Spurgeon; Zucker; 2019 2nd

Option 2:

Avs in: Trocheck; Hoffman;
Avs Out: 4oa; 2019/2020 1st; 2020 2nd

Panthers Out: Trocheck; Hoffman; Fla 2019 2nd

Wild In: Avs 2019/2020 1st; Fla 2019 2nd
Wild Out: Spurgeon

I know it’s tough to trade the 4oa (which I assume panthers would use on Byram) but I think this gives us an elite top 6, along with the flexibility to re-sign Barrie and/or sign another top 6ish winger.

Reactions: Pokecheque

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If you move that 4th overall pick you damn well better target someone better than Mike Hoffman.

He turns 30 next season, and for a guy with a reputation as a "lethal scorer" he's hit 30+ goals just once in his career - last season. He does literally nothing else if he isn't scoring.

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
If you move that 4th overall pick you damn well better target someone better than Mike Hoffman.

He turns 30 next season, and for a guy with a reputation as a "lethal scorer" he's hit 30+ goals just once in his career - last season. He does literally nothing else if he isn't scoring.
Along side mack, he'd put up 40. Dude is lethal. Not worth 4OA though

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Speaking of Spurgeon and the Panthers, I’d be interested in following 2 trade scenarios:

Option 1:
Avs in: Trocheck; Zucker: Min 2019 2nd
Avs Out: 4oa; 2019/2020 1st; OTT 3rd

Panthers Out: Trocheck; 2019 1st; Tippet/Heponiemi

Wild In: Avs 2019/2020 1st; Fla 2019 1st; Tippet/Heponiemi; OTT 3rd
Wild Out: Spurgeon; Zucker; 2019 2nd

Option 2:

Avs in: Trocheck; Hoffman;
Avs Out: 4oa; 2019/2020 1st; 2020 2nd

Panthers Out: Trocheck; Hoffman; Fla 2019 2nd

Wild In: Avs 2019/2020 1st; Fla 2019 2nd
Wild Out: Spurgeon

I know it’s tough to trade the 4oa (which I assume panthers would use on Byram) but I think this gives us an elite top 6, along with the flexibility to re-sign Barrie and/or sign another top 6ish winger.

I think they'd have to aim higher but hey, there's no time like the offseason to discuss trade possibilities!

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Nope.

Huberdeau would need to part of the deal for 4th OA. Hoffman has negative value.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I think #16 would get Hoffman pretty easily. They can't afford him long term.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
If Sakic moves the 4th overall pick period, let alone for a Vincent Trochek-caliber player, I think I'd puke.

The team’s window is now and it’s dangerous to wait around for 1-2 years hoping the 4oa becomes the player we need. Can’t risk being the jets and have the window close when we have to start paying Girard and Makar.

If this was 1-2oa with Kakko/Hughes, obviously no way you trade it. My preference to try and use any and all other picks/prospects to get a solid 2c. But all options should be on the table.

Reactions: cgf

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
The team’s window is now and it’s dangerous to wait around for 1-2 years hoping the 4oa becomes the player we need. Can’t risk being the jets and have the window close when we have to start paying Girard and Makar.

If this was 1-2oa with Kakko/Hughes, obviously no way you trade it. My preference to try and use any and all other picks/prospects to get a solid 2c. But all options should be on the table.

It's not just about winning now, it's about longterm sustained success.

The Leafs traded away the 1st overall and their following 1st the next year for Phil Kessel and they missed out on Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton. They would have been much better off standing put and drafting those guys.

As for the Jets, we have seen that trading away assets for rentals doesn't work. What does work is developing our own players and then supplementing the roster with smart trades and free agent signings.

It's not just about winning next year or the year after. It's about winning for the next 10 years. And the way to do that is through the draft.

Reactions: timothy jimothy

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

If there were a surefire star to be had with the pick I'd be all for it. There isn't though. Best to use the pick and cultivate another star. Find other avenues to strengthen the team, then when said player is ready you have yet another weapon to help the team the next 5-7 years, which you'll need when, eventually, guys like MacKinnon and Rantanen start to slow down a bit.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Realistically, I'd trade the 4OA for Huberdeau or Horvat straight up. I'm not a fan of trading a top 5 pick but considering their age, contracts and the age of our core those 2 fit perfectly.

Hoffman obviously doesn't move the needle at all, he was offered for scraps last summer and almost everyone passed.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Realistically, I'd trade the 4OA for Huberdeau or Horvat straight up. I'm not a fan of trading a top 5 pick but considering their age, contracts and the age of our core those 2 fit perfectly.

Hoffman obviously doesn't move the needle at all, he was offered for scraps last summer and almost everyone passed.
Nothing against Hubs but give me Bo please.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Well I hope you have nothing against Huberdeau:

- 92 pts last year
- 25 year old
- 6'01, 200 lbs
- Under contract for 4 more years at 5.9M per

Yes please.
Sure, like I said. I just prefer the 24 year old 2-way center making 5.5 for the next 5 years who scored 61 points on a bad team without Alexander Barkov. But can't go wrong with either.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Well I hope you have nothing against Huberdeau:

- 92 pts last year
- 25 year old
- 6'01, 200 lbs
- Under contract for 4 more years at 5.9M per

Yes please.
I personally think Huberdeau is more of a 65-75 point winger than he is a 90+ point winger (though he could prove me wrong by continuing his pace). I love Huberdeau, but based on team needs I think I'd go with Horvat over Huberdeau.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I personally think Huberdeau is more of a 65-75 point winger than he is a 90+ point winger (though he could prove me wrong by continuing his pace). I love Huberdeau, but based on team needs I think I'd go with Horvat over Huberdeau.

Go Turcotte instead of both. He should be a one-and-done at Wisconsin, and be available for an Avs playoff run.

Turcotte is great at face offs. The Avs desperately need his defensive play.

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Go Turcotte instead of both. He should be a one-and-done at Wisconsin, and be available for an Avs playoff run.

You aren't inserting a kid into the playoffs next season and having him in a defensive role taking key faceoffs.

Reactions: cgf

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
It’s quite ridiculous the talent that has been available at 4th overall the last bunch of years.

Going back to 2006:
Brady Tkachuk
Cale Makar
Mitch Marner
Seth Jones
Ryan Johansen
Evander Kane
Alex Pietrangelo
Nicklas Backstrom

There are the busts like Bennett, Puljujarvi, and Thomas Hickey, but even Adam Larsson had enough value a few years into his career to he traded for a future Hart Trophy Winner.

Not really interested in moving the 4th overall. Just because it’s not 1st or 2nd doesn’t mean the Avs might not end up with a player who could rival 1st overall.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Doubt either Horvat or Huberdeau (maybe after signing Panarin/Bob) could he be available.

Turcotte or Dach would be such nice fits behind Mac. I like Turcotte, his speed and skating seems to match the AVs better.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008

Sorry, I shouldn’t have singled your post out - I know many others would be in favor of trading the 4oa as well.

There’s no doubt Trocheck would help this team. But that 4th overall pick has an excellent chance of producing a top line caliber forward/first pairing caliber defenseman.

The thing is, Colorado’s window isn’t going to close anytime soon. Three years from today’s date, MacKinnon will be 26, Rantanen 25, Girard 24, Makar 23, and whomever they draft in June 21.

This team is young and built for the long haul.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sorry, I shouldn’t have singled your post out - I know many others would be in favor of trading the 4oa as well.

There’s no doubt Trocheck would help this team. But that 4th overall pick has an excellent chance of producing a top line caliber forward/first pairing caliber defenseman.

The thing is, Colorado’s window isn’t going to close anytime soon. Three years from today’s date, MacKinnon will be 26, Rantanen 25, Girard 24, Makar 23, and whomever they draft in June 21.

This team is young and built for the long haul.

Except the cap exists even if you are young. Matthews is 22, Marner is 21, Rielly is 25, Tavares is 28, Nylander is 23, Dermott is 22, etc.; but that's not stopping Toronto's window from closing :dunno:

Reactions: AllAboutAvs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad