Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXIX|Acquire All of Landy's Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Matt Nieto put up very good fancy stats this year. Tops on the team in High Danger scoring chance % and XGF%, while not getting favourable zone starts.
I'd hate to lose him, but if you can get them to overpay... not like analytics gives these guys a massive ego boost or anything.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Doubt Zibanejad is being moved, and Skinner will prob get $8mil on the open market.

I'd be monitoring Florida. See if they're trying to move cap. I'd send a very generous offer for Huberdeau if he was available.

Reactions: milehigh11

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Doubt Zibanejad is being moved, and Skinner will prob get $8mil on the open market.

I'd be monitoring Florida. See if they're trying to move cap. I'd send a very generous offer for Huberdeau if he was available.

They have ~20m in cap room now. Considering Bread and Bob will take all of that they have to do something. The problem is that something will be moving Reimer with ~800k of retention somewhere and that clears up 95% of their issues. If they can get somebody to take the full contract, it clears up 99% of the issue.

Reactions: Meeqs

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Huberdeau should be one of the very LAST deals they move--his and Barkov's deals are ridiculously cap-friendly. I'd seriously move one of Ekblad/Matheson before I'd even consider moving one of those guys, but this is Tallon we're talking about so anything's possible I suppose.

Reactions: avsfan09

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
There are a couple of negotiations I'm curious to see unfold. I think that Vegas could run into some issues with Karlsson's contract and if he happens to become available, I think he could be a really good 2C behind Mack.

The other is Marner...

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I know offer sheets aren’t really worth taking about but if SJ signs Karlsson they’re going to be in some cap trouble.

If we sent a 5 year 8.4M offer sheet at Meier we would only have to give up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I know offer sheets aren’t really worth taking about but if SJ signs Karlsson they’re going to be in some cap trouble.

If we sent a 5 year 8.4M offer sheet at Meier we would only have to give up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Yeah they don't happen, and it won't happen this year either. But playing along... the Avs can't offer anything that involves their third without getting it back from Florida. Which means the Avs get the 1.4 and below (no comp), ~2.1-4.2 (2nd round pick), and 10.5+ (4 firsts) as their offers. So beyond it never happening, the Avs would have to get their third back on top of it.

Reactions: Meeqs

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah they don't happen, and it won't happen this year either. But playing along... the Avs can't offer anything that involves their third without getting it back from Florida. Which means the Avs get the 1.4 and below (no comp), ~2.1-4.2 (2nd round pick), and 10.5+ (4 firsts) as their offers. So beyond it never happening, the Avs would have to get their third back on top of it.
So we can offer sheet Crouse? Perfect!!!

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Give me Trocheck over Huberdeau.

Would have said that last summer but Huberdeau went to another level offensively and Tro struggled for traction and chemistry after a lengthy spell on the IR.

Still, would take Trocheck in a heartbeat, for me he’s like a “90% O’Reilly”.

Reactions: Avs_19

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Give me Trocheck over Huberdeau.

I'd take either. Prefer Huberdeau since he's better offensively, but Trocheck fills the 2C void perfectly.

Rather give Jost a shot at 2C, draft Turcotte at 4, and put Huberdeau on the top line with 29 and 96.

Huberdeau - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Jost - Ferland
Calvert - Soda - Compher

Plug Turcotte in there for a playoff run.

Reactions: Avs_19

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Barrie + #16 ++ for Huberdeau

I’d be ecstatic to give that up for Huberdeau, but unfortunately don’t think it’s enough and the panthers have no reason to trade him right now while on a reasonable team friendly deal. Same with Trocheck.

Hoffman is much more realistic, but I think any deal with the panthers will likely require a third team that could give up a decent DMan to the panthers, while receiving futures back.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
To me I think its super hard to evaluate what the Avs will/should do until Barrie is resolved. Once that happens things clear up.

I think either way you:
I think no matter what you take the best center available at 4 OA and put that down as your long term solution to 2c.

Get one of Panarin, Skinner, Hayes, Ferland in UFA, ideally with the latter 2 not getting 3-4 years term only.

You do those 2 things you are pretty set and don't have to do to much. You can wait and see how guys like Bowers, Kaut and Timmins develop as all 3 could factor into the Avs future.

From there you can really bide your time and look for perfect fits. The Avs will have a lot of opportunities to get better and can afford to wait a bit, so its probably more important not to make mistakes than it is to get a lot done. Flexibility is really underrated imo.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think Huberdeau is a better player than Trochek, so I'd definitely target him.

Barrie + 16th for Huberdeau + Reimer. Get it done. And that's one of the only deals I would ever make involving Barrie.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I'd take either. Prefer Huberdeau since he's better offensively, but Trocheck fills the 2C void perfectly.

Rather give Jost a shot at 2C, draft Turcotte at 4, and put Huberdeau on the top line with 29 and 96.

Calvert - Soda - Compher

Can’t argue with anything here...get it done.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
I think Huberdeau is a better player than Trochek, so I'd definitely target him.

Barrie + 16th for Huberdeau + Reimer. Get it done. And that's one of the only deals I would ever make involving Barrie.

Huberdeau is just unrealistic and Barrie is exactly what the panthers don’t need, both in terms of being an offensive Dman and the contract he’s about to get.

Hoffman is a realistic target and there’s a slim chance of getting Trocheck, but think we’d have to give up 4oa for him. Panthers won’t give Huberdeau right now as he’s finally putting it together and has excellent chemistry with Barkov.

Reactions: Hornstar

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Would have said that last summer but Huberdeau went to another level offensively and Tro struggled for traction and chemistry after a lengthy spell on the IR.

Still, would take Trocheck in a heartbeat, for me he’s like a “90% O’Reilly”.

Calvert - Soda - Compher

No doubt Huberdeau is the better offensive player but he did also have the benefit of playing next to Barkov so I don't think there is as much of a gap as the numbers might suggest. Still, Huberdeau is better on that front regardless.

I think Trocheck might cost less in a trade, has a lower cap hit, is better defensively, and fits in perfectly in at 2C role behind MacKinnon assuming he's healthy.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
While I've trumpeted the Trocheck Trade Campaign for a while, I'm not at all convinced the Panthros will part ways with him. They'd be handing the 2C role to Borgstrom, who's promising but still very raw. We saw what happened when Buffalo jettisoned O'Reilly because they thought Mittelstadt was ready.

They have options. Maybe they dump Reimer by dangling a prospect (maybe Tippett, I feel like they might be souring on him...just speculation on my part) or they consider moving Mike Hoffman.

Reactions: BKarchitect

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
While I've trumpeted the Trocheck Trade Campaign for a while, I'm not at all convinced the Panthros will part ways with him. They'd be handing the 2C role to Borgstrom, who's promising but still very raw. We saw what happened when Buffalo jettisoned O'Reilly because they thought Mittelstadt was ready.

They have options. Maybe they dump Reimer by dangling a prospect (maybe Tippett, I feel like they might be souring on him...just speculation on my part) or they consider moving Mike Hoffman.

Yeah Hoffman is the guy to move...actually think Tippett is the in-house replacement. Trocheck and Huberdeau are pipe dreams especially on their contracts.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah Hoffman is the guy to move...actually think Tippett is the in-house replacement. Trocheck and Huberdeau are pipe dreams especially on their contracts.

They got Denisenko too. I forgot to mention Dadonov, but I believe he's on a pretty team-friendly deal as well if I'm not mistaken.

I still think they gotta do SOMETHING to upgrade that defense though. Up front they're in great shape. Wonder if a bidding war for the services of Jared Spurgeon erupts.

Reactions: cgf and BKarchitect

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If one of those guys is traded, I think it'd be a hockey deal for a top four D because you're not getting that if Hoffman is the main piece you're dangling. If their only goal is to get out of the cap problem then that shouldn't be too difficult for them and they won't need to trade Huberdeau/Trocheck to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad