Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XVIII|Team Snowflake vs. Team Snowball

Which team are you on!?!?!?!?!???!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
This season was a highly probable one. We all expected to compete for the 2nd round and 3rd in the division. But we knew we could be a wildcard and 1st round exit, if not flirting around 9-10th in the conference.

A 2nd line center isn't fixing this. A coach isn't fixing this. This is a complete team meltdown beyond the first line. At least we have them to be happy with as fans.

Next year we have to hope G and Z can show consistent improvement. When they're on we do well. We also have to hope we see a breakout young forward, JTC is the closest but also probably closest to his ceiling too. Lastly, we need better systematic coaching, a guy like Peter's. Goaltending could bail out any of those individual areas, but we seem on a runaway course with Gru/Franco for the time being. Maybe a free agent comes in to platoon.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I wouldn't even say the top line has been performing particularly well of late. Production from them is down to roughly ~PPG and they've become way more careless defensively.

IMO the only ones playing at an acceptable level right now is Soda, Calvert, Barrie, and somewhat Zadorov.

Everyone else to me looks like they're not giving it 100%

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

18. BSN Denver’s Adrian Dater reported that Rangers scouts consistently tailed the Avalanche over the last little while. Unless that’s something Colorado would want the Rangers to take from their roster to facilitate, say, a Kevin Hayes trade, I don’t think New York’s primary interests would be at the NHL level. The obvious connection is Shane Bowers, who Rangers’ bench boss David Quinn coached at Boston University. But the Rangers will be seeking much more. The Avalanche will zealously protect their most appealing draft assets.

19. Colorado, however, will see what Nikita Zadorov can return.

Zadorov trade talk is always fun on this board.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
If colorado is really gonna see what z would return per friedman, sakic needs to go. Z needs to be here long term. We need at least one guy on defense that strikes fear in other teams

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
You gotta give your own players a chance before going out and correcting any potential mistake from either too much movement or a lack thereof. By that rule, Sakic did the right thing and waited to see what type of seasons the likes of Girard, Zadorov, Jost, Andrighetto, Compher, Kamenev, and Kerfoot would have. Now it doesn't look all doom and gloom because there are some strikes and misses in there. Sakic and roundtable probably thought that Girard, Jost, and Kerfoot would have a bit better seasons than what has transpired.

Yeah you give your guys a chance but don’t set them up for failure like they did with Jost. He did nothing last year to show he was ready to be the 2C. Go out and get another top 6’er to insulate Jost and Kerfoot a little. Now because we didn’t get Jost any help he’s down in the AHL, and have only 3 players that are legit top 6’ers. Now we have Calvert, Nieto, Wilson, Ghetto, or Compher playing on the 2nd line on a nightly basis and that’s unacceptable in ever way possible. That’s on Sakic.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not liking to hear about Zadorov, Avs will be much worst off without him and Makar isn't going to replace what he brings. Timmins neither and should be considered a long shot until he can show he can handle the physical side of the pros.

Janmark and Rieder are both available. Rieder is a blackhole offencively, but Oiler fans say he is a top PKer and we really need one of those. Janmark is a solid secondary scorer, but not sure how much of a grinder game he can play, seems like an upgrade on Ghetto.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Perfectly ok with moving Z

He just hasn't really taken that next step of consistency that we need from him, and if someone else is high on him and offers a good deal it's a good idea to move in a new direction.

Reactions: agentblack

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
Did Sakic not see how much of an impact Zadorov had once he returned from injury?? They're really about to trade the wrong defenseman smfh

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I just don’t understand moving Z. We don’t have a great defense and his presence makes a major positive influence on the ice. I assume both sides are on extreme opposite points of view of what he’s worth money wise. It’s the only reason I could see why his name keeps popping up in rumors.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
That would be so stupid, we need the size and Zadorov brings an element no one else on this team has. He has never lived up to his full potential but so what, he is perfect as a bottom pairing bruiser with some room for improvement. Even a fair trade would make us worse as I very much doubt that the other player/s are going to bring what Zadorov does.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
A potential 70-80 point forward better be coming back if Z is traded. Hey I'd take O'Reilly back for him...

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Hardest hitting defenceman in the NHL, fights anyone, and chips in the occasional goal. Why the hell would the Avs trade that. Especially when they’re already the smallest and softest team in the NHL.

Really hope this is another case of Friedman just speculating because teams have been asking about Zadorov.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
This team already lacks some size and toughness, so lets trade away big z. Makes sense smh

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
They must be hella high on Timmins and Makar if they're willing to shop Z. But no way that helps us in the short term and no way are Timmins/Makar a sure thing.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Think our sakic is a good gm thoughts are done. He made a great trade in large part due to luck. No other gm wouldve made that trade other than dorian and nobody expected we would end up with this high a pick. Other than that trade he hasnt done much of anything good. Grubs trade and 3 year deal look bad. His waiver pickups played well for a bit but are all terrible now. Cole played well for a bit buts a disaster now

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Friedman has mentioned Zadorov's name a couple times over the course of the season. I don't think he's just speculating. He knows something, and he's been pretty insistent about it.

I'm not particularly sold Bednar trusts Zadorov a ton, or that the organization is willing to invest in him long term on his next contract. I think that especially holds true with the Ian Cole signing, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad