Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XI| Witty Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

He has been around the team and even went to the golf tournament so I figured he’d show up. Maybe a trade is so close that he has been asked to stay away.

Yeah, that sounds a lot like a situation where he's probably been told something is close enough that he need not show up for the media stuff with Ottawa since he wont be on the team in a day or two.

We'll see but to me this is pretty significant especially combined with Bob saying discussions have really picked up in the last 24 hours.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
The thing is is he practicing or not. If he is, I can't see a deal being all that close. You don't risk him getting hurt in a meaningless drill.

As for him ending up in Dallas, not really bothered.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The thing is is he practicing or not. If he is, I can't see a deal being all that close. You don't risk him getting hurt in a meaningless drill.

As for him ending up in Dallas, not really bothered.

If he goes to Dallas it’d be frustrating cuz we probably wouldn’t make the playoffs. But as @Pierce Hawthorne said having two lottery tickets in this draft would set us up incredibly well for the future.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
If he goes to Dallas it’d be frustrating cuz we probably wouldn’t make the playoffs. But as @Pierce Hawthorne said having two lottery tickets in this draft would set us up incredibly well for the future.
I actually see it as a good thing. Let's be realistic, we aren't winning the Cup in the next few years, and as for the Stars, while Heskinen is really damn good it will take some time for him to become a 1st pairing stud, probably 3-4 years, by that time Benn is 33, EK 32, Seguin 30, Radulov 36 etc. I'm also sure Nill will be aggressive and sacrifice futures for the present which will make their contending window short before they become a team that is on the brink of Cup contention, but not really good enough to be in the top 4. To me, their Cup window is three years, after that its downhill.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Taking this with a truckload of salt, but said he had surgery with the Stars team doctor and got connections through that.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Dallas and San Jose are both teams that do not seem to really need Karlsson (as much as one does not need a generational D). One has Klingberg and one has Burns. What happens to their PP time?

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
What I do not understand is how Dallas gets Karlsson without Miro. Probably Honka/Lindell going the other way but still, Miro or bust if I am Dorion. Vegas can offer much better futures than Dallas can.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I would hope it is Merkley + Hertl but who knows.

It really does seem like Dallas will not offer Miro, so what do they give up? 1st + Honka/Lindell +???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad