Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XI| Witty Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This should probably be a poll, but we've gotten off to such a great start here.

Does anyone think the Avs still make any sort of trade before the season starts to bring in a winger? I'm thinking no, but our middle six really makes me nervous. NHL's commentary lately has brought it back to the front of my mind. Especially with them talking about Jost so much. (Haha on them mentioning Kerfoot as the #2C)

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This should probably be a poll, but we've gotten off to such a great start here.

Does anyone think the Avs still make any sort of trade before the season starts to bring in a winger? I'm thinking no, but our middle six really makes me nervous. NHL's commentary lately has brought it back to the front of my mind. Especially with them talking about Jost so much. (Haha on them mentioning Kerfoot as the #2C)

I don't think we'll make a trade before the beginning of the season.

Sakic said that he expects the young guys to take the next step, which means that he hopes that Compher, Kerfoot and Jost will fill the secondary scoring void. Maybe we'll get a little offense from Wilson and Kamenev also? Who knows.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I think they are open to it, but they want to wait and see what happens i feel like they kinda have to. I mean while i ultimately dont think any combo of Kerfoot, Ghetto, Jost etc is gonna fill that secondary scoring long term even i want to see if they can cause you never know.

Plus what do we have to trade with exactly , any GM is gonna look at our asset base and see the juiciest morsels being the OTT 1st, Jost and Makar, the rest is meh to whatever

if we're lucky Silf will ask for too much cash and Murray will move him for a cheap top 9er and a 2nd

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I expect that at most we will see a late UFA signing, or a PTO. Once training camp starts, I could maybe see a depth trade...but not a real second liner option.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

I don’t think so. Just look at the discount Skinner was acquired on. Plus apparently Carolina were talking to every team in the league about trading him. If Sakic didn’t jump at that price he’s probably not committed to trading away any assets yet.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Apparently he used his NMC to the full of his ability.

Yeah im listening to this THN podcast now and Waddell is it? talked to like everyone but Skinner was im not there, nope, next. Have a feeling too him being all east coasty that the entire west was probably not even a thought.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
According to AJ, Sakic and Waddell talked briefly at the draft and he balked at Carolina's asking price, so I'm assuming the demand was way higher than what Buffalo eventually coughed up.

Plus, there's no reason to believe Skinner was even willing to waive his NMC to come to Denver.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
That wasn't even a real trade, Carolina just throw Skinner away. Maybe we can get Faulk for a 3rd and a 50 Bucks Amazon gift card.
If you go by the "If you want to look thin, hang out with fat people" philosophy of finding a trade partner Waddell should be pinging on Sakic's radar like a Zepplin.

Reactions: McMetal

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don’t think so. Just look at the discount Skinner was acquired on. Plus apparently Carolina were talking to every team in the league about trading him. If Sakic didn’t jump at that price he’s probably not committed to trading away any assets yet.

Yeah, that's kinda disappointing though.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
If you go by the "If you want to look thin, hang out with fat people" philosophy of finding a trade partner Waddell should be pinging on Sakic's radar like a Zepplin.
Yeah, my ideal second line for the near future before FA was Stastny/Skinner/Jost. Looking at Stastny*s contract and Skinner's return it's a damn shame that it didn't happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad