Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XI| Witty Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
What sucks is that we could get Pacioretty for peanuts, but the team really isn't in a position to acquire a guy that age yet. Plus, I do NOT want to be the team stuck with his next contract.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Apparently he used his NMC to the full of his ability.

Skinner said on a radio station after the trade that the Buf was the only one that was brought to him and that he never rejected any others so who knows which reports are correct.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Yeah, my ideal second line for the near future before FA was Stastny/Skinner/Jost. Looking at Stastny*s contract and Skinner's return it's a damn shame that it didn't happened.

As of right now it is a shame but its likely in 2-3 years we will be glad we didn't

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
What sucks is that we could get Pacioretty for peanuts, but the team really isn't in a position to acquire a guy that age yet. Plus, I do NOT want to be the team stuck with his next contract.

Heard he turned down 6.5+ from LA and no chance I'd give that much to a 30 year old guy with who else will be on the market next year.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Kase is hella good but he isn't worth the Avs giving up a 1st. Just let Ana's cap issues slowly force talented players out and snag them then.
With our prospect pool this deep, and holding an extra first next year, I'd say putting our own first on the table for a guy like Kase is a wise move. If that first was mid-teens again and turned into a player like Kase we'd probably be quite happy with that. And while cost control is important it's not like Kase will be making Nylander or Rantanen level money on his next deal.

Still, I don't think Sakic is into it. He wants to keep building, and I can't say I blame him. He'll probably do what Toronto did and wait till he's bursting with assets he can't sign before he actually starts moving futures.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Pacioretty will likely not decline as fast as some of you believe but he won't be in his prime anymore when we'll need him to be. I don't think he'll get traded for peanuts either, his value is at an all time low at the moment but Bergevin pretty much surrendered the upcoming season because of Weber's injury so he will probably bring him back until the deadline.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Bergevin is gonna end up being the epitome of what not to do when it comes to asset management. He's now not only waited way too long to pull the trigger on both the Galchenyuk and Pacioretty deals, he's gone out of his way to depreciate those assets in the public eye instead of instructing his coach to showcase them to raise their value.

I think he'd be a great fit someplace like San Jose, but my guess is he goes somewhere like...Edmonton.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bergevin is gonna end up being the epitome of what not to do when it comes to asset management. He's now not only waited way too long to pull the trigger on both the Galchenyuk and Pacioretty deals, he's gone out of his way to depreciate those assets in the public eye instead of instructing his coach to showcase them to raise their value.

I think he'd be a great fit someplace like San Jose, but my guess is he goes somewhere like...Edmonton.

Don't see the Oilers trading for him knowing that they won't be able to re-up him. SJ is a good place but he'd probably be there already if they were interested.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Don't see the Oilers trading for him knowing that they won't be able to re-up him. SJ is a good place but he'd probably be there already if they were interested.

Yeah I know, though I'm not about to append sound logic to the Oilers...:laugh:

I really don't know where in hell he's gonna end up. It's not like there are many teams who couldn't use a player like this, I just don't know which team is finally gonna step up. Watch it be Carolina (again, no logic here, just putting a random name out there).

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Zero chance a budget team with an aging core moves a cost-controlled asset like Kase. Plus, i'm not ready to start trading the Avs first with the valuation of a mid 1st. We're in the toughest division in the league and while I would be thrilled to make the playoffs again, there's a decent chance it could be around the 10th pick.

Reactions: agentblack

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Zero chance a budget team with an aging core moves a cost-controlled asset like Kase. Plus, i'm not ready to start trading the Avs first with the valuation of a mid 1st. We're in the toughest division in the league and while I would be thrilled to make the playoffs again, there's a decent chance it could be around the 10th pick.

I mean at the draft then im cool with it. But now? ummm?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

I think if Max Pacioretty found his way onto Edmonton next season, he'd score 40 goals on Connor McDavid's wing.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Not sure if it was posted here already but Yak thinks that he was treated unfairly.

Nail Yakupov: "Russian players should know there is unfair prejudice towards Russians in the NHL . There is not equal approach towards Russian & non-Russian by the NHL clubs. Unfortunatelly. If there is a choice between Russian & non-Russian, the NHL club (a coach) does not pick a Russian on a game roster."

Source (main board)

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I know some are taking it to mean he's talking about himself but he's not entirely wrong in regards to more fringe NHLers. Particularly the ones who havent been playing in North America their whole lives.

Anders Cain

Formerly JordoMack
Jul 7, 2018
Nova Scotia
I know some are taking it to mean he's talking about himself but he's not entirely wrong in regards to more fringe NHLers. Particularly the ones who havent been playing in North America their whole lives.
There definitely is a bias id say but at the same time... In my experience its reflective of your play too. Grigorenko... Yakupov... Mirnov.. They all wanted to play bigger roles. But their play wasn't reflective that they deserved a bigger role for one reason or another. .(inconsistent play, no defensive ability, low hockey iq, no willingness to play the system, not enough drive to go to the dirty areas.. )

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Not sure if it was posted here already but Yak thinks that he was treated unfairly.

Source (main board)
It's hard when a guy is so naturally talented and tries so hard, it seems like he should have made it when so often it's a lack of one or the other trait that holds players back. But damn, he has no idea what to do out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad