Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 Part IX l Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
At this point I'm really hoping for two things:

1) Karlsson goes to an Eastern conference team - maybe the Lightning because that would be hilarious
2) Ottawa gets nothing in the deal that makes them a significantly more competitive team this season

Oh, and I'll add a 3rd
3) We have a deal in the works that nets us a top 6 forward on a reasonable contract or on a big, expiring deal.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
So if EK gets traded with Ryan (I know there's people saying this won't happen, but stay with me here) and then someone picks up Ceci and Stone....what will the starting lineup look like beyond Duchene and Anderson?

Boedker - Duchene - Dzingel

Chabot - Wideman

Anderson

giphy.gif

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
So if EK gets traded with Ryan (I know there's people saying this won't happen, but stay with me here) and then someone picks up Ceci and Stone....what will the starting lineup look like beyond Duchene and Anderson?

Chabot - Wideman

Anderson

giphy.gif

Our luck they would somehow go in with that lineup and win the cup and we get 31st

Reactions: Avs71

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Chabot - Wideman

Anderson

giphy.gif
Stone and Ceci will both be there to start next season in all likelihood barring trades, but the roster is still disgusting.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017

Chabot - Wideman

Anderson

giphy.gif

Anderson wants to be traded too, so even if Ceci and Stone stay it could be:

Dzingel - Duchene - Stone
Smith - White - Boedker
Paajarvi - Pageau - Gaborik
Pyatt - Brown - ???
Carey

Chabot - Ceci
Borowiecki - Wideman
Wolanin - Burgdoerfer
Harpur

Condon
???

Can we say bottom 5 finish? :naughty:

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I wonder if we could obtain Stone for our first if we accepted Ryan coming with him ?

Love to obtain Stone, but Ryan would seriously downgrade any offers. His contract is likely the worst in the league and would hamper the team financially for years, the most the AVs should consider is 2nd round prospects ie. Greer, Meloche and Morrison.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Its crazy to think PD is gonna hurt EKs value with an extension just to save money. Like he can really hit a homerun here

To be fair to PD, it really seems like Melnyk is tying his hands here if he nixed a deal to force a Bobby Ryan move. Melnyk did the same thing at the deadline by stopping a deal because they would have to retain 750k on it (wanna say it was Brassard).

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Okay, so, in my drunken stupor (and careful editing) this evening, I came up with the following:

Ottawa
1st COL 2019
1st TBL 2020
Sergachev
Katchouk
Greer

Colorado
Palat, Ondrej

Tampa Bay
Karlsson, Erik

Yay? Nay? I’m rather under the influence, so I take partial responsibility for the proposal.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Okay, so, in my drunken stupor (and careful editing) this evening, I came up with the following:

Ottawa
1st COL 2019
1st TBL 2020
Sergachev
Katchouk
Greer

Colorado
Palat, Ondrej

Tampa Bay
Karlsson, Erik

Yay? Nay? I’m rather under the influence, so I take partial responsibility for the proposal.

Which team gets Bobby Ryan? Should we include a 4th team? ;)

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Ottawa
1st COL 2019
1st TBL 2020
Sergachev
Katchouk
Greer

Colorado
Palat, Ondrej

Tampa Bay
Karlsson, Erik

Looks pretty fair, but I’m just not a big Palat fan and have serious questions about his ability to drive the offense on his own line.

Reactions: milehigh11

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Looks pretty fair, but I’m just not a big Palat fan and have serious questions about his ability to drive the offense on his own line.

What if we put him in Landy's spot and let Landeskog drive some offense on the second line?

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Ottawa
1st COL 2019
1st TBL 2020
Sergachev
Katchouk
Greer

Colorado
Palat, Ondrej

Tampa Bay
Karlsson, Erik

Not too fond of Palat and believe he benefited from the talented Forwards.

If they can obtain LHD-Sergachev in the deal and offer a little more, the AVs would solidify their future Defensive core.

Reactions: milehigh11

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Which team gets Bobby Ryan? Should we include a 4th team? ;)

Whoops, I forgot Ryan has to go, too. That can be a separate transaction between Ottawa & NYR because I don’t want to think too hard this morning.

I can’t think of a better winger for Jost on the 2nd line than Palat, if I’m being honest. He’s a fantastic 2-way player who can regularly chip in offense. He wouldn’t be playing with a Kucherov here, sure, but I doubt his numbers take that big of a hit since he hasn’t played on Kucherov’s line in a few years.

Not too fond of Palat and believe he benefited from the talented Forwards.

If they can obtain LHD-Sergachev in the deal and offer a little more, the AVs would solidify their future Defensive core.

Not sure what else it would take to get Sergachev, but whatever it is, I wouldn’t want to pay it. Ottawa needs something coming back their way after losing EK, and Sergachev is probably the most valuable piece in that proposal for them. We’d probably have to relinquish the Ottawa 1st if we got Sergachev, and that’s not something I’d be comfortable doing, especially since we’re giving away Colorado’s 1st next year in the proposal as is.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Avs make out like bandits in such a trade. To get Palat and only give up a mid 1st rounder to do so...

A better winger for Jost will be very hard to come by. Palat is seriously underrated.

Reactions: MarkT

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
If you are Bobby Ryan right now and tou don’t get traded when the season starts ..... Sens locker room will look ugly : Anderson, Karlsson, Ryan all wanting out . Stone Duchene UFAs,ugly

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Any realistic 2nd line fwd targets to keep an eye on? Haven't been on here as much recently.

Aside from Skinner and Silfverberg no not really. People are discussing Tampa guys because they need to move salary in order to get Karlsson.

I guess you could include Max P, but his age and price to acquire does not really fit.

Reactions: vicprestige
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad