Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 17-18 Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Anders Lindback worth as claim for goalie depth?

Nope, nada, zero, zilch. For all the complaining about Martin Lindback is worse.

No way.

I would pick up the Latvian goalie (whose name I can't spell) if anyone, but don't you have to keep these guys on your roster a while?

I wouldn't. He had a nice moment in the 2014 Olympics however his time in NA has been poor. Once again for all the complaining about Martin it'd be the same for Gudlevskis. TMV you are right though that if we take a goalie off waivers he has to be on the NHL roster which is pointless if the point is to build our goalie depth in the AHL.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Avs building AHL goalie depth: "Hmm... Who's the worst possible goaltender we could sign to an NHL contract..? Call Joe Cannata!"

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
If St. Louis sends a goalie to SA there won't be much room to develop any AHL depth this year anyway. Cannata will be eating nachos in the AHL or starting for the Eagles in the E.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
This just in, no team needs Duchene anymore as their young unproven prospect is playing like an all-star in pre-season.

Next up, interview with Jason King on his induction into the hockey hall of fame, known league wide as the third Sedin brother who totally didn't just play well in pre-season.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
This just in, no team needs Duchene anymore as their young unproven prospect is playing like an all-star in pre-season.

Next up, interview with Jason King on his induction into the hockey hall of fame, known league wide as the third Sedin brother who totally didn't just play well in pre-season.
hey, greg was amazing last year after that preseason

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nope, nada, zero, zilch. For all the complaining about Martin Lindback is worse.

I wouldn't. He had a nice moment in the 2014 Olympics however his time in NA has been poor. Once again for all the complaining about Martin it'd be the same for Gudlevskis. TMV you are right though that if we take a goalie off waivers he has to be on the NHL roster which is pointless if the point is to build our goalie depth in the AHL.
I slightly disagree about Gudlevskis, I do agree that he hasn't been amazing so far in his time in NA. However, I disagree with the premise that he is a lost cause. Maybe I am reading too much into your post, but I still believe he has some potential left though this season is a make it or break it for him. He would be a really option as competition for Martin in the AHL, but I believe that if you claim a player off waivers he has to stay in the NHL for thirty days or something.

Lindback is definitely up there as one of the worst goalers in the NHL/AHL tweener. Absolute zero need for him. On the other hand though, Jets did just put Hutchinson on waivers right now. He's a good player, but I don't know if I want the Avs to lose their wavier spot for a goaler.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

I think people should be reminded of Greg before they turn Yak into Ovi

Also I'm wondering if Mitchell bombs out in CLB is that gonna hasten the talks even further

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Avs building AHL goalie depth: "Hmm... Who's the worst possible goaltender we could sign to an NHL contract..? Call Joe Cannata!"

I believe the conversation went more like this:

"Hello mudda, hello fadda, hey we've signed, Joe Cannata"

Sakic: "Greg? Did we play Camp Granada?"

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I slightly disagree about Gudlevskis, I do agree that he hasn't been amazing so far in his time in NA. However, I disagree with the premise that he is a lost cause. Maybe I am reading too much into your post, but I still believe he has some potential left though this season is a make it or break it for him. He would be a really option as competition for Martin in the AHL, but I believe that if you claim a player off waivers he has to stay in the NHL for thirty days or something.

Lindback is definitely up there as one of the worst goalers in the NHL/AHL tweener. Absolute zero need for him. On the other hand though, Jets did just put Hutchinson on waivers right now. He's a good player, but I don't know if I want the Avs to lose their wavier spot for a goaler.

I don't think Gudlevskis is a lost cause. It's just that if we brought him in we'd just hear the same complaints and concerns we're currently hearing about Martin. I think the Leafs will seriously look at bringing in Hutchinson. They should have signed a better back-up in the off-season but it's the Leafs who literally use their AHL team as a goalie dump.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Looks like a nice upgrade to HFboards!!! Should be fun!

I think it's looking more and more like Duchene is going to be an Av for the next little while. I hope he lights it up!

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Looks like Mitchell got released from his PTO. Too bad, hope he finds a contract somewhere.

In good news, though, Cowen got released!

Reactions: motojime

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Not sure if this is the right thread, but am I the only one who just learned that Liles is going to be working as an analyst for Altitude this year? Avs FB just posted it.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Not sure if this is the right thread, but am I the only one who just learned that Liles is going to be working as an analyst for Altitude this year? Avs FB just posted it.

Guess he quietly retired then? Good for him. Look forward to listening to him in the future.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
I believe the conversation went more like this:

"Hello mudda, hello fadda, hey we've signed, Joe Cannata"

Sakic: "Greg? Did we play Camp Granada?"

This was the last post I read before the board went down. I figured the board probably killed itself and said to myself "It's for the best"

Reactions: McMetal

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Man yesterday was rough, feelin greasy looking through hockeybuzz. Eks last rumor.. Vegas ships a D to someone opening a top 4 D to send to us for Dutchy. Would Miller be enough for Carolina or Nashville to pony up?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Looks like Mitchell got released from his PTO. Too bad, hope he finds a contract somewhere.

In good news, though, Cowen got released!

Mitchell played his way out of the NHL last year by not giving a single f***. Can't feel sorry for him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad