GDT: Avs @ Panthers Last second GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
****in pissed off... sucks to lose on a **** bounce like that...then the pressure at the end and can't get our own bounce... hate losing games that way that r pretty much evenly played

Too many penalties, eventually they'll get a bounce.

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
Anyone think we might rotate some of the healthy scratches for saturday's game?

Whats the point of having Vinny sitting in the press box every night? I understand Pirri and wavers but PLAY Vinny or send him back to the AHL so he can get more experience. Dale has been managing this club pretty AWFUL the past few months.

Erick*

I know but he needs to play the scorers more. I understand he wants to save them but if he saves and we miss the playoffs, what's the point? Especially when we're struggling to score at times. An extra few shifts a game isn't going to change much as far as getting gassed.

I feel like he's doing that because this team doesn't have a legit scoring line.

He goes overboard with the strategy sometimes though.

Kevin4762

Jan 7, 2015
We are not catching Boston just saying........

eff you BARKOV...........................................

Would not suprise me if we lose 4-5 in a row now...

Your pessimism is totally unwarranted and, quite frankly, extremely annoying. There's still 40 games of hockey left to play. Barkov is showing signs of improvement. Huberdeau is playing amazing. Boston still has plenty of time to slump while the Panthers have plenty of time to go on a winning streak.

People on this board in general seem to be devastated by pretty standard losses that every team is subject to. It's incredibly frustrating for me hearing you guys badmouth the Panthers whenever we lose and ignore all the positives that this team is showing, when there's no reason to at all. We've lost two in a row before. We've lost a home game before. It's not the end of the world. Chill the **** out.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Your pessimism is totally unwarranted and, quite frankly, extremely annoying. There's still 40 games of hockey left to play. Barkov is showing signs of improvement. Huberdeau is playing amazing. Boston still has plenty of time to slump while the Panthers have plenty of time to go on a winning streak.

People on this board in general seem to be devastated by pretty standard losses that every team is subject to. It's incredibly frustrating for me hearing you guys badmouth the Panthers whenever we lose and ignore all the positives that this team is showing, when there's no reason to at all. We've lost two in a row before. We've lost a home game before. It's not the end of the world. Chill the **** out.

If you cant take my opinion why even bother to respond to me?

Im just stating the truth about not catching Boston. Why you ask? yeah bc they have underachived for most of the season but are now looking like the old Boston.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014

And the Barkov post was in game anger why even quote that?

I was pissed bc he shot it right at the legs of the avs player which led to the empty netter.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
And the Barkov post was in game anger why even take quote that?

I was pissed bc he shot it right at the legs of the avs player which led to the empty netter.

he was kind of tied up and was just trying to quickly shot it deeper into the zone

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
maybe try Huby-Barkov-Bjugstad line?

I like Huby with Barkov & Boyes. They played well together tonight.

If you want to make a move, I'd scratch Kopecky in favour of Trocheck. Need an extra shot of O right now. Then shuffle up to:

Huby - Barkov - Boyes
Trochek - Bjugs - Hayes
Jokinen - Bolland - Flash
Bergy - MacK - Upshall

Just not sure if Tro plays any LW?

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Would of been fun if they could win while im at the game.. just once for the sake of my birthday.. But nooooooo we have to lose again. Ffs

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
A goal scorer can make his supporting cast look better than they are though.

True, but that person can't play on every line. The system Gallant is rolling with makes it pretty important for the top 3 lines at least to provide offense. Those lines "scorers" have to find ways to score for our team to be successful.

Erick*

Their forward core >our forward core.

Only advantage we have is on defense. Starting with Ekblad.

Yeah, this.

And, to be fair, Erik Johnson is probably better than any Dman we have right now too.

Kevin4762

Jan 7, 2015
Whats the point of having Vinny sitting in the press box every night? I understand Pirri and wavers but PLAY Vinny or send him back to the AHL so he can get more experience. Dale has been managing this club pretty AWFUL the past few months.

First of all, Trocheck hasn't played since Calgary. That was two games ago. You don't just send a player down to the AHL after being scratched twice and is likely to play next game. Secondly, I don't think any of us are in a position to judge Tallon's decisions at the moment.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
First of all, Trocheck hasn't played since Calgary. That was two games ago. You don't just send a player down to the AHL after being scratched twice and is likely to play next game. Secondly, I don't think any of us are in a position to judge Tallon's decisions at the moment.

Plus there are practices that he'll gain a lot of value from. We've been lucky to be very healthy too and he's the odd man out.

Kevin4762

Jan 7, 2015
If you cant take my opinion why even bother to respond to me?

Im just stating the truth about not catching Boston. Why you ask? yeah bc they have underachived for most of the season but are now looking like the old Boston.

Truth and opinion are not the same thing. By the way, do you happen to be able to see into the future by any chance? The NHL is a league where teams can slump or get hot regardless of how well they did last season. Look at Colorado. Your prediction of whether Boston kicks us out wild card contention is just as good mine, which means that you should at least recognize that there's still a lot of hockey to play.

And the Barkov post was in game anger why even quote that?

I don't understand how you can get mad at that. That kind of stuff happens all the time. No reason to get all worked up about it. We've had a lot of missed chances.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Truth and opinion are not the same thing. By the way, do you happen to be able to see into the future by any chance? The NHL is a league where teams can slump or get hot regardless of how well they did last season. Look at Colorado. Your prediction of whether Boston kicks us out wild card contention is just as good mine, which means that you should at least recognize that there's still a lot of hockey to play.

I don't understand how you can get mad at that. That kind of stuff happens all the time. No reason to get all worked up about it. We've had a lot of missed chances.

People gets mad over plays like that all the time.

I like him as a player so theres really no reason to judge me over that post.

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida

Your right he has been GREAT. I'm sure your the guy that wants uphall back Also

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014

I know that its alot of play left. But honestly do you feel like Boston should compete for a WC spot? Thats all im saying that they should be higher up in the standings then that.

Kevin4762

Jan 7, 2015
Your right he has been GREAT. I'm sure your the guy that wants uphall back Also

I like Upshall but if there's a better option in the free agents market this offseason then I wouldn't keep him. Also, Trocheck is a streaky player but he's young and hasn't been awful. He's +5 for crying out loud. It's not like he's a disaster defensively.

I know that its alot of play left. But honestly do you feel like Boston should compete for a WC spot? Thats all im saying that they should be higher up in the standings then that.

They should be but they aren't. So should Colorado and LA. Colorado finished last season three wins away from a President's trophy. Look at where they are now. The Kings won the Stanley Cup last year and they're barely in wild card contention. Even the Panthers are doing miles better than last season. Just because Boston won the President's trophy last year doesn't mean that they're a lock for the playoffs. The NHL is weird. Sometimes great teams underperform and sometimes average teams overperform. As long as the Panthers manage to get another 49 points in the second half of the season, we're still in this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad