GDT: Avs @ Panthers Last second GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Last night really bothered me. There are large portions of games where we or the opposition dont do anything just skating around netural zone dumping it in.

Its like all the energy goes out. We lapse in focus. The arena is dead. And what usually happens is the other team wakes up before we do and we find ourselves in a hole.

These early goals we keep giving up where someone isnt ready to play or is out of position defensively are killers. We wouldve gotten at least a point last night if we didnt gift wrap them that first goal.

We lack killer instinct and taking the fight to the opposition.

Its not acceptable. This loss bothers me.

I get the same feeling. It's like we only score when we're pressured to score. Much like the modern Trotz Predators. It seems we rarely ever show the ability to score when we have a lead to build the lead.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Bolland 1+4 in his last 8 games, Trocheck 2+0 in his last 13 games.

Without even counting in the #character, that's a pretty easy win for Bolland.

I like trochek's character as much as Bolland so that isssue is nonsense to me.

Congrats to bolland he scored A goal at a menaingless time.

Trochek scores meaningful goals and shootout goals. He adds speed and scoring threat. Bolland adds neither right now.

Im not saying to bench bolland permanently, my god hes not teflon he can take his turn in the press box.d Good message that NO ONE is untouchable.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I like trochek's character as much as Bolland so that isssue is nonsense to me.

Trochek scores meaningful goals and shootout goals. He adds speed and scoring threat. Bolland adds neither right now.

Im not saying to bench bolland permanently, my god hes not teflon he can take his turn in the press box.d Good message that NO ONE is untouchable.

Bolland is a better player than Trocheck and the team has a better chance of winning with Bolland on the ice. Trocheck can't replace Bolland's penalty killing or defensive play. The Bergenheim-Bolland-Flash line has been good, I don't really see a reason to break it up.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Except it wasn't meaningless when the goal happened, the score was 3-1.

Trocheck has scored a whopping 2 goals in his last 13 games and zero assists to go with it. There's a reason why he and Pirri are sitting in the pressbox, Trocheck's cold streak is almost as bad as Pirri's.

Also SO shots this season; Trocheck 1/3, Bolland 2/3. Bolland is tied for team lead (among players that have scored 2 goals) with Pirri at 66.7%.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I would like to see Trocheck on Bolland's wing.

Line still has 3 guys who hustle(Bergy, Bolland, Trocheck), can play solid hockey on both sides of the ice, and Trocheck has shown that he can make something out of nothing offensively.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I dont understand why we cant afford pirri and trocheks plane tickets back to san antonio. The only way theyre going to get better is if theyre playing. Whether its with Panthers or Rampage it doesnt matter.

Seems like a waste.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Judging by the vast majority of posts, I clearly missed the memo that stated this team was a Stanley Cup contender.

Yes it hurts that we lost, especially since being the 1st home game back, and there was no home energy to be found. You have to understand the effect of the road trip they were on. I can guarantee the 1st home game back felt like a road game because of fatigue.

You don't believe me? Just watch a completely different team come out Saturday.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Last I checked, the sky is still pretty high up.

Relax people. panic when the Panthers fall off the race. still have games in hand, still have head to head with teams in contention. take a deep breath and relax

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
ive actually really liked bolland since he's come back. yea he hasn't been scoring, but i love everything else he does. he's always hustling, he plays physical, he plays the pk, he'll get under the other teams skin, his forecheck is really nice and aggressive, really puts the d on the heels, active stick, sometimes even deflects a pass when the other team is in the d zone. plus he's a vet and playoff performer. if he stays healthy he's perfect for the 3rd line. overpaid, yea, but I'm not worrying about that now.

im a big trocheck fan and he's more skilled and dynamic than bolland is, he'll put up more points, which i know is what everyone wants especially from this offense. but bolland, and this team as a whole, plays a more playoff oriented style. we need that physicality, experienced vet, guy who does all the little things for the playoffs. as long as bolland remains healthy, and the other centers as well, trocheck will only be on the wing if he plays. i say scratch flash and let him play with barkov maybe if they want hayes with bjugstad. i think it was jokinen-bolland-boyes played together a couple times on the 3rd and they looked really good together (might've been bergy and not jussi, either way tho).

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Last I checked, the sky is still pretty high up.

Relax people. panic when the Panthers fall off the race. still have games in hand, still have head to head with teams in contention. take a deep breath and relax

I'm with ya on that one. Not time to go crazy yet..

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
We picked a bad time to digress. Can they pick it back up? Need another 3 wins in a row before break to keep pace. Seems impossible at this point.

Well it is impossible. We can't win 3 before the break because there are only 2 games left before it. :)

----------

By the way, I've posted some stats from last game in the stats thread. :)

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Except it wasn't meaningless when the goal happened, the score was 3-1.

Trocheck has scored a whopping 2 goals in his last 13 games and zero assists to go with it. There's a reason why he and Pirri are sitting in the pressbox, Trocheck's cold streak is almost as bad as Pirri's.

Also SO shots this season; Trocheck 1/3, Bolland 2/3. Bolland is tied for team lead (among players that have scored 2 goals) with Pirri at 66.7%.

Trochek "whopping" 2 goals is double the output of Bolland in eight less games. (lets not even discuss what Bollands costing).

I guess trochek would have to play another 2 weeks without scoring to match Bollands cold streak.

Lets take the teflon off Bolland. flash sat, others have sat. The world wont end if Bolland sits a game. And maybe just maybe some real speed and scoring talent might help.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Trochek "whopping" 2 goals is double the output of Bolland in eight less games. (lets not even discuss what Bollands costing).

I guess trochek would have to play another 2 weeks without scoring to match Bollands cold streak.

Lets take the teflon off Bolland. flash sat, others have sat. The world wont end if Bolland sits a game. And maybe just maybe some real speed and scoring talent might help.
So one goal (without going into how Bolland has assisted 4 goals, that has to count for something right..?) is worth sitting the clearly better overall player? I don't get your logic here.

When Gallant has scratched guys, it's been for a reason (= usually lack of effort). Bolland has done nothing to deserve a seat in the pressbox.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
So one goal (without going into how Bolland has assisted 4 goals, that has to count for something right..?) is worth sitting the clearly better overall player? I don't get your logic here.

When Gallant has scratched guys, it's been for a reason (= usually lack of effort). Bolland has done nothing to deserve a seat in the pressbox.

I go to almost every game.

I isolate on Bolland ... alot.

Your entitled to your opinion that he is clearly the better player. but thats all it is.

To me Bolland is clearly NOT the better player, creates no offense, is slow, & right now id rotate trochek in. At least for a game.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

on a different note, sat near 6 finnish college kids last night and had a blast with them.

They were excitd Barkov got them a locker pass and they were going to meet him post game.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I go to almost every game.

I isolate on Bolland ... alot.

Your entitled to your opinion that he is clearly the better player. but thats all it is.

To me Bolland is clearly NOT the better player, creates no offense, is slow, & right now id rotate trochek in. At least for a game.
For a guy that creates no offense, he's sure put up some decent points recently. Bolland may not be as offensively minded as Trocheck, but he's no slough at that end.

Slow? I mean sure, Trocheck is obviously the faster of the two (but it's not something like prime Bure vs. random pylon magnitude). Then again, that comparison can be made for a bunch of other guys on this team too, Trocheck has wheels.

But Bolland is slow, as in that he's hurting the team with that? Ehm, not really, that's a bit far fetched.

on a different note, sat near 6 finnish college kids last night and had a blast with them.

They were excitd Barkov got them a locker pass and they were going to meet him post game.
Did they know Barkov previously?

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
For a guy that creates no offense, he's sure put up some decent points recently. Bolland may not be as offensively minded as Trocheck, but he's no slough at that end.

Slow? I mean sure, Trocheck is obviously the faster of the two (but it's not something like prime Bure vs. random pylon magnitude). Then again, that comparison can be made for a bunch of other guys on this team too, Trocheck has wheels.

But Bolland is slow, as in that he's hurting the team with that? Ehm, not really, that's a bit far fetched.

Did they know Barkov previously?

They knew how to reach out to him, but they didn't say they knew him. They had a very high hockey iq.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I don't know why people are saying they looked flat, they outplayed them pretty badly. Just couldn't get the bounce. This game was a carbon copy of the Blues game, where they fought back to tie it and lost on a weird deflection that bounced off the ice, followed by an ENG.

They played decently and I fully expect them to throttle the Oilers.
Man, I think the exact opposite. They played uninspired, especially defensively. This game looked nothing like the Blues game as far as their level of play. If they play like this against Edmonton, they will get beat. Edmonton is playing much better since the coaching change, they gave the Lightning all they could handle last night.
Let's just be blunt, the Panthers are not the type of team that we should assume any wins with. And every team in this league is a test. There are no easy games for anyone.

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
Man, I think the exact opposite. They played uninspired, especially defensively. This game looked nothing like the Blues game as far as their level of play. If they play like this against Edmonton, they will get beat. Edmonton is playing much better since the coaching change, they gave the Lightning all they could handle last night.
Let's just be blunt, the Panthers are not the type of team that we should assume any wins with. And every team in this league is a test. There are no easy games for anyone.

I rather sit Upshall than Flash. They play about the same, except Flash doesn't take any stupid penalties.

Yes and yes.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
So I was there for this game. Some takeaways:

1. What the hell in the name of all hell happened on that first goal? Barrie literally walked right in and scored. No contention whatsoever. I'm still trying to figure out how exactly it happened. What was Guds doing? What was Barkov doing? Absolute freebie.

2. The Ekblad shot was an absolute blast. I was in Club 28 so had a pretty damn good view of it. Good screen by Hayes too.

3. Guds was an absolute beast on defense during the 5-3. If not for him playing out of his mind that shift, they easily score. He cut down every angle while they were in close multiple times. Great to see.

4. Dave Bolland was horrible. Multiple times he was hit with good passes but his stick wasn't on the ice. Bounced directly past him and went for an icing or a turnover. He was also god awful trying to defend on the possession leading up to the Landeskog goal. Kulikov was pretty bad too here "trying" to knock them off the puck. They were in the zone with possession for a good minute and a half.

5. Campbell was Campbell. Made a few decent passes but made more bad ones. Then made a stupid penalty to hand them the game.

Pretty even game all in all. The second period the team were mirroring each other for a good seventeen minutes. Entertaining game to be at despite the loss. Sparse crowd saw a good one. Need a big pick me up against the Oilers to stay around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad