GDT: Avs @ Panthers - Game 7

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yup. Naz two way game has been awesome. We drafted Jost for this but Jost sucks
Jost is just a warm body for me at this point, honestly. He does nothing for me.

At this point, I'd rather give Kamenev a shot to see if maybe he wants it as much as Burakovsky does after a subpar preseason, but I have my doubts about seeing that any time soon.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
It’s just crazy how different this team is from last year. Last year it was top line or lose. This game all the regulation scoring came from the bottom 9, a game from what I’ve gathered reading here that the top line was awful. It feels like this team has a chance to win every night even if a line or 2 is having an off night.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The difference in this game was depth. This is a game that any Avs team loses from the years past, but tonight they found a way to win. Incredibly sloppy first and that needs to change moving forward.
If they play the way they did tonight tommorow night its going to be a massacre. Valentines day Massacre. Landeskog needs to get his shit together this team and that line depends on him.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
He’s far from a perfect player and you can already see some of the red flags with burakovsky but he is a massive upgrade over anyone other than our top line or kadri and has already outscored our last decade of 2nd and 3rd round picks. Don’t understand the hate for that trade at all

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If they play the way they did tonight tommorow night its going to be a massacre. Valentines day Massacre. Landeskog needs to get his **** together this team and that line depends on him.

I think they really wanted to get this one and won't be too upset by tomorrow night. They'd never admit that but that's probably why you go with Francouz on the second night of the back to back against the better team.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I wouldnt say rought start I would say its going as expected. Hes learning how to defend in the best league. He has shown glimpses of his immense talent and hes also shown hes still a work in progress. The points are there but his play without it needs work bigly.
I expected steady play and escapability similar to Girard. It’s a bit of a let down after last year’s playoff. I was never in the 1st D pair territory as sooooo many poster here. It was pretty ridiculous the number of fake lineup with him up top and EJ as a no good bum broken down and overpaid 3rd pair defender.:laugh:

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Bura through 7 games is one of the better depth pieces the Avs have had in years. We cannot expect this type of production for an entire season, but these points allow a player like Bura to gain confidence that allows them to chip in on a key moment later on in the season and the playoffs. The Avs have been sloppy on this road trip and the boys need to put in a 60-minute effort tomorrow to put that behind them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad