GDT: Avs @ Panthers - Game 7

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bura through 7 games is one of the better depth pieces the Avs have had in years. We cannot expect this type of production for an entire season, but these points allow a player like Bura to gain confidence that allows them to chip in on a key moment later on in the season and the playoffs. The Avs have been sloppy on this road trip and the boys need to put in a 60-minute effort tomorrow to put that behind them.

Yes, we can!

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
What’s really wild with this team, is they are getting these wins while still building chemistry.

Our defence needs to improve and I’m hoping as the young guys get more games in, they will play better. Sakic made the decision to gamble on the defence he had and address the forward core, and so far it’s looking like a good decision.

Second line was phenomenal tonight. When Burakovsky has time to get a shot off, it’s extremely difficult for goalies to stop. He’s a real weapon in overtime.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
I'm looking forward to the inevitable tide to turn on Girard and for us to start talking about how crappy he is.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I'm looking forward to the inevitable tide to turn on Girard and for us to start talking about how crappy he is.

He's great but just not a top pair guy. Better suited to the second pair. Really needs to work on his turnovers though.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
What’s really wild with this team, is they are getting these wins while still building chemistry.

Our defence needs to improve and I’m hoping as the young guys get more games in, they will play better. Sakic made the decision to gamble on the defence he had and address the forward core, and so far it’s looking like a good decision.

Second line was phenomenal tonight. When Burakovsky has time to get a shot off, it’s extremely difficult for goalies to stop. He’s a real weapon in overtime.

The thing that's terrifying for opposing teams is how skilled and offensively talented the Avs are. Combine that with youth and speed and it makes for bursts of offensive explosiveness even when the team isn't playing all that well. It means they have come back ability. Love the depth. The D will come the hard way. With experience. Just keep winning.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Missed the whole game tonight...trying to catch up with some highlights. Was Landy better than the Pittsburgh game?

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
What a wild game. Gru is so damn clutch, if bura keeps proving us all wrong, Kadri is legit.... So much to improve on, but if you look at the standings you wouldn't guess at all. I can't believe we are first in the league :laugh: This team is something else.

Reactions: MacBradley

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Great game from Bura but not enough is being said about Donskoi. He was fantastic tonight. Weird to have a second line...not used to that.

Gru had a shaky start but man did he ever recover. After the first period he allowed only one goal on 27 shots.

Makar is having a rough start. I was always expecting the first 10-15 games to be up and downs anyway so let's how he respond to adversity. He is a quick learner so I'm betting he will figure it out soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad