Avs on break discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Could also always do our annual GM game while we're on break if someone has time to run one. Between work and school I don't have time this year

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Wonder if they're going to cancel the regular season and just go straight into playoffs in a few weeks? I don't think that's going to be enough time. This will take months to pass, IMO.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Maybe we create a poll with a bunch of games and people vote for 5-6? Then we do them chronologically.

Of course, I need to see how many of these games we can find in full and available to all. Some are on YT and Dailymotion, those are good.

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay
Does Wilson even have a place in the lineup now that we have Namestnikov?

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Burakovsky - Kadri - Donskoi
Nuke - Compher - Namestnikov
Calvert - PEB - Nieto
Jost

f*** I forgot how deep our forward group is when we're healthy.

I'd put Jost in over Nieto I think...I dunno.. the kid has maybe been turning a corner a bit? I'm having a hard time hating on him. That was a nice f***ing snipe last night though.

Reactions: missionAvs

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
I guess since we're on break I can ask some of the hard hitting questions, like which one of the 3 Hanson sisters did you guys find the hottest?

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Could also always do our annual GM game while we're on break if someone has time to run one. Between work and school I don't have time this year

The discord is still set up. Wouldn't take long to clean it up if people wanted try and get it going I could clean out the discord so it would be a fresh start. Do it more organized right from the start, rather than swapping platforms part way through

Reactions: forsbergavs32

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
There will be no practice, I wonder if players are allowed to skate on their own.

I personally don’t think so, if someone skates that has it then someone else skates at the same facility it can still spread.

My guess is once the ok is given to resume, teams will be given some time to skate and practice, like a week or 2

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
The discord is still set up. Wouldn't take long to clean it up if people wanted try and get it going I could clean out the discord so it would be a fresh start. Do it more organized right from the start, rather than swapping platforms part way through

If you have the time to run it, I should still be able to help out.

Or like mentioned, we could just do a fantasy draft

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
I personally don’t think so, if someone skates that has it then someone else skates at the same facility it can still spread.

My guess is once the ok is given to resume, teams will be given some time to skate and practice, like a week or 2

That amount of interpersonal contact is completely unavoidable unless the whole country shuts down for a month.

Also... It's basically guaranteed to infect most people. It's just much better for the health care system if the exponential explosion of cases happens more slowly.

It might even be better if the players get it during the suspension rather than inevitably get it once play resumes.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Sucks now I realize how dependent on hockey I was for entertainment.

Wonder if they could start a hazmat suit 3 on 3 tournament to fill the gap. No contact, no refs, randomize the teams. Game on

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
- Avs first game
- Roy’s first game
- ‘96 Cup (Sakic 18 goals and 34 points in playoffs)
- Blood Feud with Detroit
- ‘99 5 goal third period comeback (Foppa 5 points)
- ‘01 Cup
- Sakic scoring 500th goal
- Sakic scoring 600th goal
- Roy breaking wins record
- Sakic’s final game
- Foote’s final game

- Roy first game as coach (Ducks bloodbath)

We could go on and on.

These ones are too depressing imo... Footer's final shift was legendary but that was a dark time to be an Avs fan

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I guess since we're on break I can ask some of the hard hitting questions, like which one of the 3 Hanson sisters did you guys find the hottest?

The one who bled the most, duh...
4fe2a2fe81f5ec0f96402b233e74070b.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMBOP!

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Sucks now I realize how dependent on hockey I was for entertainment.

Wonder if they could start a hazmat suit 3 on 3 tournament to fill the gap. No contact, no refs, randomize the teams. Game on
Will that make any difference? :sarcasm:

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
If you have the time to run it, I should still be able to help out.

Or like mentioned, we could just do a fantasy draft

I'll post it here too in case people that weren't in the discord for the last one would be interested in joining if something were to develop with it.

With the recent news, the topic came up on the Avs HF board to consider a mock game as a potential to let people still do hockey related stuff.
I have moved everything from the previous game to an archives section for now.
I am going to set up a GM game channel #gm-game-discussion

If there is enough interest we might be able to move forward with it. If it is something you would be interested in participating in / helping out with / etc. let me know in there (or PM me if you prefer that). Some things we will need to discuss would be if we are counting this as a summer 2020 as if playoffs had happened / 2020 trade deadline as if it was a couple weeks ago and transition to playoffs etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig