Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Oilers | Tuesday, April 8th, 7:30pm MT (ALT) | Mission to First

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
corsi guys have a good reason to say what they say. not one team has maintained what avs have in that regard. they have been right quite often. one of the smartest and most knowledgeable adv. stats guys said that avs won't get 95 points next year or something like that...

also those records in OT/SO and close games.

upgrade the D, better F depth and i'm not worried.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
corsi guys have a good reason to say what they say. not one team has maintained what avs have in that regard. they have been right quite often. one of the smartest and most knowledgeable adv. stats guys said that avs won't get 95 points next year or something like that...

also those records in OT/SO and close games.

upgrade the D, better F depth and i'm not worried.

Aslong as the Avs make the playoffs every year Corsi be damned. Does corsi take into account quality shots?prime scoring chances? Like I said earlier Varlamov has been amazing this season but I can think of 3-4 games where he actually needed to steal one for us whereas in 2009 Anderson stole half the games we won or atleast it felt that way.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I bumped up that thread just to get my post deleted, but that wasn't a problem. This Oilers fan sends me a PM about things in that thread and I tried to send one back and he blocks me (wasn't anything bad he sent me nor my response). Such a man way to stand up for your pride or team.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I still don't comprehend what's the problem with winning close games. That's what good teams do. Just like saves in baseball, it's actually a good thing for a team to have a ton of saves.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Why do people insist on comparing the Oilers to the Avalanche? Aside from both teams having had very high picks recently, the two organisations are completely different. Avalanche have taken risks in building their team by making blockbuster trades, drafted good players in later rounds and surrounded their core with a good supporting cast.

It gets annoying to see people continue to compare the two organisations.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Why do people insist on comparing the Oilers to the Avalanche? Aside from both teams having had very high picks recently, the two organisations are completely different. Avalanche have taken risks in building their team by making blockbuster trades, drafted good players in later rounds and surrounded their core with a good supporting cast.

It gets annoying to see people continue to compare the two organisations.

Because HFBoards is obsessed with prospects. All they see is 3 top 3 picks, and they freak out wanting to compare them to teams in similar situations... not understanding that management going back to EL and PL (I don't believe Sherman was more than a figure head) actually had a plan. Target all the players you need to build a core and pay whatever you must to get those core players.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Because HFBoards is obsessed with prospects. All they see is 3 top 3 picks, and they freak out wanting to compare them to teams in similar situations... not understanding that management going back to EL and PL (I don't believe Sherman was more than a figure head) actually had a plan. Target all the players you need to build a core and pay whatever you must to get those core players.

Remember that thread about which would you rather have 'top picks or cups' and alot of people said top picks or something like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad