3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Can't say that anyone in the Shark's system remotely interests me. Pretty much just their 1st round pick but I don't imagine Georgiev fetching that high of a price unless Wilson is dealing out of desperation.
They don’t even have their first this year, Ottawa has it from the Erik Karlsson deal.

Maybe a young player, Brooks had floated Lebanc’s name, plus a mid round pick?

Reactions: egelband

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Where’s my gal?
I got you Fam:thumbu:
tenor.gif

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Gave up 2 early goals and didn't have a meltdown like Georgiev is having lately. Good game for the kid!

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
speaking of russians i would think Rykov is coming up if Lindgren misses any games, no?
I would just because we are playing the Debbies ;) But I understand Keane has been playing the entire year and putting up numbers. But Right Vs Lefty??? IDK

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yup.

Earlier today I saw Preds fans complaining about how Laviolette with the same stuff people say here, then came here and saw people begging Gorton to fire Quinn and hire Laviolette.

I like Quinn, don't get me wrong. But Laviolette is my favorite coach. Maybe it is from the 15 times I have watched the Rangers/Flyers 24/7 series. I dunno. But I would take Lavs in a heartbeat.

What is that quote from The Dark Knight? You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. That is pretty much how it is for coaches who aren't Barry Trotz.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I like Quinn, don't get me wrong. But Laviolette is my favorite coach. Maybe it is from the 15 times I have watched the Rangers/Flyers 24/7 series. I dunno. But I would take Lavs in a heartbeat.

What is that quote from The Dark Knight? You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. That is pretty much how it is for coaches who aren't Barry Trotz.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
An underrated aspect of Igor's game that really stands out compared to Hank and Georgy -- his puck control. Not only great with the glove and eating up rebounds. But there were a few plays where he directed rebounds right past the opposing forwards. And his stickhandling will help with zone exits and breakouts. That's a big asset if you have a smaller D core. Teams will want to turn our D around and dump into the corners. Shesty can help reduce that a bit.

His abilities in those areas ads a dynamic Rangers haven't had for a very long time. Maybe Vanbiesbrouck in the late 80s was the last Rangers goalie that was great with handling the puck.

Also, was happy to see Kakko play with more confidence. Had some really good shifts.

Anyone know what Lindgren's injury is? Suddenly there's a chance we might see Rykov...

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Also, **** Milbury. What the **** was that with 6-7 minutes to go where he/the NBCSN producer were like “okay, now, apropos of absolutely nothing, Mike is gonna **** on Buchnevich and Shesterkin?”

LOVE the fact that, thereafter, the two names I heard Forslund say the most often other than Panarin were Buchnevich and Shesterkin.
Yeah it was out of nowhere. He must’ve read that Buch had been kind of cold lately and used that to form his argument around, instead of actually making observations from the game. Buch looked pretty engaged all night in my opinion.

For Shesterkin, him to say idiotic stuff like “he doesn’t seem like the next greatest thing to me” is just completely ridiculous analysis to be saying on national TV. Baseless and really just coming off like an idiotic fan who doesn’t really watch hockey but tries to act like he does to fake that he knows the sport or something. Just so stupid.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Thrilled for Igor! Very happy he didn't let those first 2 get to him.

this is so important. He didn’t let the game get away from him like Georgiev does when he has a tough start. Hank as well does this. He just has an ability to stay calm and he keeps things quiet. Controls his rebounds plays die. There aren’t 3 4 extra chances. That kind of ability to have that adversity to start and just not let it get to him is an incredible trait for a goaltender. Calms everyone down. I’m thrilled. Those goals are the only way he ever got beat in Hartford. Didn’t give up the bad goal that’s hurt us for weeks. Just a very good game that got better as he went along. Better get the start against the devils.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I wonder how Henrik felt about the crowd chanting Igor's name... Long anticipated arrival of the heir apparent

From what I’ve gathered about Lundqvist, I think he is more keenly aware of his surroundings and the bigger picture than some might realize.

I also think he understands the situation very well. I don’t see him requesting a trade, but I will go back to something I’ve said for a few years now - I’m not entirely sure he finishes his contract.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland