Post-Game Talk: Avs lose a tough one

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Would like to clear up my position on this. I posted new lines on what I think gives us the best chance to win but I realize that we are 6-1 and wholesale changes are not required at this time.

To me it is a combination of :
- maximizing RoR's game by playing him at center with 2 guys he's had chemistry with in the past
- putting PAP back with Duchene for obvious reasons and McGinn fit in well with them last season
- taking advantage of MacKinnon's speed and game breaking ability by playing him with 2 skilled playmakers on the 3rd line (good matchups)

Now there is something to be said for trying to develop Mack as a center instead of a and winger and I get that but I'm also not suggesting this needs to be done now or kept that way forever. When Forsberg went on Joey's wing, it didn't permanently convert him to a winger, just gave the team a boost and a different look. That's all I'm saying, keep it in your back pocket until you need it.

With how awesome ROR and Dutchy have been together I'm not sure it really maximizes radar's game to put him back at center. Staz is a better passer, but ROR helps make that top line also an excellent defensive line that helps the staz line shelter MacK's line. Moving forward I really love that duo and would be very curious to see how they do with Parenteau in the third spot whenever we're ready to shelter MacK less and change up some lines.

But for now I think we have the ideal set up for MacK to flourish, PAP is one of our best play making wingers but can actually score himself, unlike tanguay, so the goal scoring burden isn't all on MacK and the other winger, and McG is the perfect other winger because of his speed, shot and physicality. When MacK's ready for more responsibility I'd put Tanguay in PAP's place cause he's better defensively so MacK gets a little more help getting that part of his game going, but that's a little ways off still.

That leaves a Landy - Staz - Downie line after the changes which I'd be cool with as our shutdown line, gives staz two guys who'll crash the net and finish his passes, and Downie's energy would work very well with landy and Staz's intelligence to neutralize other top lines.

c0rn1

Mar 15, 2012
1 loss and people already know everything better than Roy ;P
It's amazing how many arm chair generals this board has

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013

I'm kinda sure there's no one here that thinks they know more then Roy.

Sacco on the other hand...

OldSchoolAvalanche*

It's a forum to discuss our favorite team. While you may or may not agree with what is being discussed. I'd rather listen to poor discussion then people being snarky and trollish because it adds nothing but to your post count... JMO

OldSchoolAvalanche*

I'm glad we are matched up with buffalo today should give us a fair chance to now go on a losing streak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad